*** College Football Game Day 11/20 ***

Ohio State vs MSU is the game of the day.  I think OSU rolls.  (As an aside the massive 10 year deal for Mel Tucker is stupid and crazy, he's done a great job this year but that is one stupid contract to give out.)

Georgia vs something called Charleston Southern should be a blood bath.  Gooooooooooooooo  Buccaneers! 

Wake Forest vs Clemson should be interesting.

Arkansas if I am no mistaken has given Bama trouble in the past but not this game I do not think.

Oregon better be ready for Utah

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OSU offense vs. UGA defense will make for a nice playoff final. 

You know the SEC wants to do it’s best to keep Bama alive for the playoffs.  You guys need to take care of them in the SECCG.   This is the year to get them, they’re pretty vulnerable.  

Big man TD in Athens.  Jordan Davis with the 1 yard run for our first TD.    

Posted Images

Suprprisingly fun game last night between Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech.  S Miss top 3 QBs were all hurt.  They went wildcat all night, but actuallty let their RBs throw a few passes.  Frank Gore Jr threw a couple of TD passes as S. Miss picked upntheir 2nd W of the season.  

As for today, an unusual Saturday where I have not figured out sceanrios in my head for how the Dawgs might lose.  Gonna stream the Dawgs while MSU-OSU is on the TV this afternoon. 

Go Sparty!!!  Even though I think they are overmatched.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, freestater said:

I know, that contract came out of nowhere. Goes to show how much the Spartans put into defeating "big brother". I like Tucker, think he's putting together a good program, and hey...he pisses off people in Ann Arbor so lol. 

I agree, but this contract just smacks of him being bought out 4 years from now after a couple of down years.

I've often said about contracts in any sport, the sin is never over paying a lot short term, the sin is making the term too long.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Lith said:

And Stetson Bennett throws a pick on our first possession. 

Upset alert!!!

I hate to bring you down because Georiga is really really good this year but your QBs are going to doom you guys again.

When you play more of the big boys I'd like to see the Dawgs totally limit the passing game to the extreme.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I hate to bring you down because Georiga is really really good this year but your QBs are going to doom you guys again.

When you play more of the big boys I'd like to see the Dawgs totally limit the passing game to the extreme.

Bennett scares me.  He has been solid this year, and has surprisingly been accurate on the deep ball.  He is a great story as a walk-on among all these 5* recruits.  But he does not have the arm to really challenge a better defense.  I really hope we get Daniels a lot of reps today and next week against Tech so he is ready to go if we need him against Bama or if we make the playoff. And I hope Kirby won't be gun shy about making a change if we need to.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

stetson is by no means flashy but he always tends to get it done.  UGA has played some real good competition - i'm not worried about the way the offense will play against the likes of Oklahoma, Oregon or Ohio State.  still gotta be worried about bama til we take em down.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Caleb Williams 76 yard td run.  This is going to become the norm more and more in the nfl, the running qb, these guys coming up can now pass and run,

Agreed.  It adds another dimension that defenses have to account for.  Such a huge advantage in the NFL.   

I've said it before I'll say it again, secondary players in college (and secondary coaching) as a whole are terrible.

Now, also it is by far the toughest job in football, even if you are in coverage you will get called for cheesy pi calls but it is amazing how many holes are in secondaries.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I've said it before I'll say it again, secondary players in college (and secondary coaching) as a whole are terrible.

Now, also it is by far the toughest job in football, even if you are in coverage you will get called for cheesy pi calls but it is amazing how many holes are in secondaries.

The issue in college is that there are such huge disparities in skill levels.  Even among major D1 programs you can have a top 10 NFL draft prospect going against a CB that will never play football beyond college.  

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The issue in college is that there are such huge disparities in skill levels.  Even among major D1 programs you can have a top 10 NFL draft prospect going against a CB that will never play football beyond college.  

Yeah but I see this even among the good teams and higher ranked teams.  DBs not as good but also they just get totally lost knowing what to do.

Ohio state is now proving a point vs the spartans.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Yeah but I see this even among the good teams and higher ranked teams.  DBs not as good but also they just get totally lost knowing what to do.

They play with their back to the ball too much now IMO.   They don’t react in time to the receiver going for the ball.   

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Scary how good they look today.  We are up 42 against Charleston Southern.  They are doing the same to Michigan State.

• Upvote 1

I love college football, but there’s something wrong with the sport right now.

Before every season even starts, you know the playoffs will be some combination of Alabama, Ohio St., Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia (or whichever of 2-3 SEC teams) with an occasional Norte Dame sighting.

Over 90% of the schools are just playing to support their athletic programs bottom line.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I love college football, but there’s something wrong with the sport right now.

Before every season even starts, you know the playoffs will be some combination of Alabama, Ohio St., Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia (or whichever of 2-3 SEC teams) with an occasional Norte Dame sighting.

Over 90% of the schools are just playing to support their schools athletic programs bottom line.

That's why there was talk of a 12-team playoff expansion. But why would those SEC schools, who are pretty much guaranteed a spot, accept that? That would decrease their chances of the championship by 3x, and they are a big source of income for the NCAAF (I think, don't quote me on that). So as long as teams like Alabama and Ohio State are supporting the 4-team playoff, it will be like that for a while.

• Upvote 1