*** College Football Game Day 11/20 ***

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OSU offense vs. UGA defense will make for a nice playoff final. 

You know the SEC wants to do it’s best to keep Bama alive for the playoffs.  You guys need to take care of them in the SECCG.   This is the year to get them, they’re pretty vulnerable.  

Big man TD in Athens.  Jordan Davis with the 1 yard run for our first TD.    

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Hex said:

That's why there was talk of a 12-team playoff expansion. But why would those SEC schools, who are pretty much guaranteed a spot, accept that? That would decrease their chances of the championship by 3x, and they are a big source of income for the NCAAF (I think, don't quote me on that). So as long as teams like Alabama and Ohio State are supporting the 4-team playoff, it will be like that for a while.

Playoff expansion is all but guaranteed to happen right now.  The only thing up for debate is whether they go with an 8 or 12 team playoff.   The SEC is in total favor of expansion because it makes it easier to get multiple teams in the playoff.  The more teams you have in, the more shares the conference receives.   

Ultimately, in most years, you’ll still have the same teams in the semis and finals. It will just make it slightly more interesting in the first couple rounds.  

• Upvote 1

I’m sure not many are watching Iowa/Illinois but Linderbaum is putting on a clinic.  Probably the best game I’ve seen him play.  Which is saying something.  

I honestly think Linderbaum might be the best player in college football.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m sure not many are watching Iowa/Illinois but Linderbaum is putting on a clinic.  Probably the best game I’ve seen him play.  Which is saying something.  

Too bad the stupid dumbass jets are going to panic about their defense and have to draft some stinking LB or safety with the pick we could have used to take Linderbaum.  I just know this is going to happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Arkansas hanging in there surprisingly.

Edit:  Bama = pats, the refs are just as screwing arkansas in this game

Horribly ofificiated drive.  The grounding penalty was awful -- no way that gets called against Bama.  Reviews of TDs.  I guess Araknsas has to get in twice or three times for it to count once.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Horribly ofificiated drive.  The grounding penalty was awful -- no way that gets called against Bama.  Reviews of TDs.  I guess Araknsas has to get in twice or three times for it to count once.

You know the SEC wants to do it’s best to keep Bama alive for the playoffs.  You guys need to take care of them in the SECCG.   This is the year to get them, they’re pretty vulnerable.  

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Ohio State’s offense is hitting its stride at the right time.   Stroud has grown up a lot since the Oregon game.  They’re going to be a tough out in the playoffs.  

Garrett Wilson.... Ill keep saying it.  If we for some reason trade down out of the top 10, he's a very very viable draft target for this team.  I think he's trending towards the 1st WR taken if the testing goes his way. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I saw a little, but its just old hat for him now, he's just consistently the best C that has played college football for years, and the best OL in the nation period.  He's incredible.  

Real Quentin Nelson type pick this year, where clearly he's one of the top 2 or 3 players in this draft, but at a non premium position.  Someone is going to get possibly the best player, and, in my mind the safest pick to be a perennial probowler in this draft, outside of the top 5

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I sure hope so.  But this is one of those deals where they have had our number.  I can't remember the last time we beat them.  Hopefully we take care of them in two weeks.  But i will need to see it to believe it.  And if we win, no matter what the score is, I won't relax until the game goes final.

Putting Bama aside, I am not sure anyone is playing better than OSU right now.  They looked great today,

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Garrett Wilson.... Ill keep saying it.  If we for some reason trade down out of the top 10, he's a very very viable draft target for this team.  I think he's trending towards the 1st WR taken if the testing goes his way. 

He’s going to test very well.  His explosion metrics are going to be elite.  His vertical could be one of the best in this WR class.  

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I sure hope so.  But this is one of those deals where they have had our number.  I can't remember the last time we beat them.  Hopefully we take care of them in two weeks.  But i will need to see it to believe it.  And if we win, no matter what the score is, I won't relax until the game goes final.

Putting Bama aside, I am not sure anyone is playing better than OSU right now.  They looked great today,

Agreed.  You may need to go to Daniels if it becomes a track meet.   Stroud is maturing by the week, he’s making all the right decisions.  

• Upvote 1

kids an absolute stud. Liked him last year, love him this year.  My fav WR in this class, his route running has been insanely good this year.  

He ran a stick out against tulsa that was disgusting, got the DB to flip his hips TWICE within 14 yards.  Thats damn fineeeeee

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  You may need to go to Daniels if it becomes a track meet.   Stroud is maturing by the week, he’s making all the right decisions.  

If it gets to be a track meet, it doesn't matter who our QB is, we are going to be in trouble.  I do hope that Kirby will not be slow to go to Daniels if he needs to.  Daniels has looked rusty when he has gotten some reps in the last few games, but at least he makes you defend the whole field.  Bennett is smart, accurate, and can make some plays with his legs.  He is the perfect game manager, but he is still limited in what he can do.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I keep picking him at three on all those mock draft things. Idc what people say.

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I saw a little, but its just old hat for him now, he's just consistently the best C that has played college football for years, and the best OL in the nation period.  He's incredible.  

Real Quentin Nelson type pick this year, where clearly he's one of the top 2 or 3 players in this draft, but at a non premium position.  Someone is going to get possibly the best player, and, in my mind the safest pick to be a perennial probowler in this draft, outside of the top 5

Yes, we are with the Seattle pick. 

29 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Burks might be exactly what the Jets offense needs.   

He's really good too, the top of the class has a lot of interesting prospects and you get a little bit of everything in terms of what you would look for for the offense.  

One thing with burkes thats evident, KID HAS SPEED, which is something we sorely need, but he has to clean up some of the route running, break points are a little lazy, and his release moves arent clean, he's just beating guys with speed right now, but doing it consistently so you cant fault him for it. 

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

He's really good too, the top of the class has a lot of interesting prospects and you get a little bit of everything in terms of what you would look for for the offense.  

One thing with burkes thats evident, KID HAS SPEED, which is something we sorely need, but he has to clean up some of the route running, break points are a little lazy, and his release moves arent clean, he's just beating guys with speed right now, but doing it consistently so you cant fault him for it. 

I also like the toughness he is showing tonight, playing through the injury and being productive.  This game is probably out of reach right now if he was not playing.