*** College Football Game Day 11/20 ***

Just now, Lith said:

I also like the toughness he is showing tonight, playing through the injury and being productive.  This game is probably out of reach right now if he was not playing.

yea, when I was turned on to mike woods (now at Oklahoma) by his trainer, I stumbled upon Burkes who i think at the time was a freshman.  The one thing that kept coming up was that he was a tough kid and a dynamic athlete.  He's finally putting it all together this year in a big way.  He's not the most polished prospect in this class, but his physical tools are top notch, and at his core he is a playmaker. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OSU offense vs. UGA defense will make for a nice playoff final. 

You know the SEC wants to do it’s best to keep Bama alive for the playoffs.  You guys need to take care of them in the SECCG.   This is the year to get them, they’re pretty vulnerable.  

Big man TD in Athens.  Jordan Davis with the 1 yard run for our first TD.    

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

He's really good too, the top of the class has a lot of interesting prospects and you get a little bit of everything in terms of what you would look for for the offense.  

One thing with burkes thats evident, KID HAS SPEED, which is something we sorely need, but he has to clean up some of the route running, break points are a little lazy, and his release moves arent clean, he's just beating guys with speed right now, but doing it consistently so you cant fault him for it. 

For a kid who is 6’3” 235 I wouldn’t expect him to be a really polished route runner at this point of his career. Aside from speed, he brings a physicality to the WR position that the Jets desperately need.  A kid who can work slants and post up guys in the endzone.  

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

lol, Bama doe the exact play that was called for grounding against ark earlier, no call.

And now we get a turnover for Ark as bama is going in to score!

Gotta give the Hogs credit.  Feels like they have been on the verge of being blown out several times, but they have made just enought plays to force Bama to keep on playing.  They just keep hanging around.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Gotta give the Hogs credit.  Feels like they have been on the verge of being blown out several times, but they have made just enought plays to force Bama to keep on playing.  They just keep hanging around.

I’ve heard Sam Pittman interviewed a few times. Seems like the kind of coach you’d want your kid to play for. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

That should be no catch imo, his elbow hit the chalk before he controled it if you ask me.

I agree with you.

Just now, sec101row23 said:

They would never reverse that, not in this stadium.  

And I agree with you, too.

• Upvote 2
Just now, sec101row23 said:

They would never reverse that, not in this stadium.  

Well at least one thing in common with the nfl and college, no one knows what a catch is.

If you ran that play and it was 10 different teams at 10 different times 5 times it would be a catch and 5 times no.

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

For a kid who is 6’3” 235 I wouldn’t expect him to be a really polished route runner at this point of his career. Aside from speed, he brings a physicality to the WR position that the Jets desperately need.  A kid who can work slants and post up guys in the endzone.  

Definitely a skill set we're lacking, which is a shame because thats what Davis and Mims were supposed to be.  

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

No situational awareness

Players in college and the pros are taught not to think just to execute a play.  I blame over coaching to some extent.

In any case that was a good game and fun to watch.

As I've said before both college football and college basketball are far superior and fun games to watch than their pro counter parts.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Playoff expansion is all but guaranteed to happen right now.  The only thing up for debate is whether they go with an 8 or 12 team playoff.   The SEC is in total favor of expansion because it makes it easier to get multiple teams in the playoff.  The more teams you have in, the more shares the conference receives.   

Ultimately, in most years, you’ll still have the same teams in the semis and finals. It will just make it slightly more interesting in the first couple rounds.  

Oh, it is? I heard that there was no chance like 2 months ago. That's good

The semis and finals might be the same in that case, but a lot of times teams miss out because the playoff committee didn't think they were as good as they actually were, and that is what will show more.

Thanks for clarifying

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Utes, Utes Utes!

I just googled Utes because I didn't know what it was, thought it was just some kind of nickname to go with utah, did not know it was an Indigenous people.

The Helmets Utah is wearing tonight are absolutely magnificent.  

Absolutely beautiful.  

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Utes, Utes Utes!

I just googled Utes because I didn't know what it was, thought it was just some kind of nickname to go with utah, did not know it was an Indigenous people.

Yea, the name 'Utah' actually comes from the Utes name

Pretty interesting

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1