\\\\////The officially official nobuddy kers Jets VS Flippers Game thread\\\\////®️©️™️

BP

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think Wilson has better physical tools than White

I agree.  

With that said, it takes far more than physical tools to be a successful franchise QB, and we've seen more limited QB's have success in the NFL where physical marvels failed. 

and has a much greater chance of developing into quality starting QB.

I agree.

That does not mean White has no chance, or that playing Flacco today over White was the right decision.

Hopefully he is healthy enough to start against the Texans next week.

I hope so.

And I hope he starts putting up performances that start making Wilson v. White comparisons irrelevant and laughable.

Unfortunately, so far, he has not done that yet.  He is one of if not the worst starting QB's in the NFL this year.

He can start to silence all this by having a great productive game vs. the Texans.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Pretty easy. Mac Jones has played well and is able to execute an offense. They're winning games in part due to his play.

As seen by Pats last year, a system cant make a bad QB play well. Wilson is a bad QB.

Oh stop.. Mac Jones can't Throw, Mac Jones can't move, Mac Jones has no arm, Mac Jones is a statue, Mac Jones is Dink and dunk ......

All Mac Jones does is Win !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That does not mean White has no chance, or that playing Flacco today over White was the right decision.

White should have started today. This is a young team in a developmental stage. It would have been nice to see if White could have bounced back from a poor performance against the Bills. Starting Flacco did nothing for us today.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, phill1c said:

That ship has already sailed. You're looking through the wrong end of the binoculars.

If you say so. 

In the same vein that I don't give QB's 51 starts before I start to evaluate or be critical of them, I also don't give a guy only 2.5 starts and then decide they are utterly worthless and unworthy of any further play or discussion.

I'll repeat, as soon as Wilson start producing great franchise QB type production games, his critics and doubters and backup QB dreamers will all be happily silenced.  Till then....

Lets all hope Wilson comes back and blows the Texans out of the water on Sunday with a great performance.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'll repeat, as soon as Wilson start producing great franchise QB type production games, his critics and doubters and backup QB dreamers will all be happily silenced.  Till then...

I'm not saying don't criticize. Just have something compelling. Mike White is not compelling. Not to me, the Jets, Fantasy sports, you name it....

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I agree.  

With that said, it takes far more than physical tools to be a successful franchise QB, and we've seen more limited QB's have success in the NFL where physical marvels failed. 

I agree.

I hope so.

And I hope he starts putting up performances that start making Wilson v. White comparisons irrelevant and laughable.

Unfortunately, so far, he has not done that yet.  He is one of if not the worst starting QB's in the NFL this year.

He can start to silence all this by having a great productive game vs. the Texans.

Wilson can have a bad game against Houston. Doesn’t mean he’s a bust. You’re putting way too much into one game. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Wilson can have a bad game against Houston. Doesn’t mean he’s a bust.

Similarly, White could have a single bad game against the leagues #1 Defense, that doesn't mean he is worthless or without a place on this team.

Keep in mind the argument here:  That White should have started today because he has a possible future here as the #2, Flacco does not.

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

You’re putting way too much into one game. 

Zach Wilson was the #2 overall pick, and is (so far) the worst starting QB in the NFL this year next to, perhaps, Sam Darnold (whose already been benched).

I expect him to start showing improvement.  That improvement should start against the poor Defense of the Texans.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you say so. 

In the same vein that I don't give QB's 51 starts before I start to evaluate or be critical of them, I also don't give a guy only 2.5 starts and then decide they are utterly worthless and unworthy of any further play or discussion.

I'll repeat, as soon as Wilson start producing great franchise QB type production games, his critics and doubters and backup QB dreamers will all be happily silenced.  Till then....

Lets all hope Wilson comes back and blows the Texans out of the water on Sunday with a great performance.

They just smacked Tannehill around. 

He doesn't need to blow anybody away. 

I'd just like to see him figure out a way to win our first road game of the season

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

They just smacked Tannehill around. 

I'd just like to see him figure out a way to win our first road game of the season

To be fair, the Titans have only had wins or horrible losses against bad teams since week 3

The Jets defense sacked him 7 times, and the Texans defense intercepted him 4 times

This says nothing about either team. I still trust the Texans to be the best team to start Wilson against.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

They just smacked Tannehhill around. 

It's interesting to me that the defenders of highly picked QB's (like Zack) never seem to actually have any actual firm expectations or demands for performance of those QB's.

It's as if being a high pick comes with both an unlimited three year competition-free try-out and a "no criticism or expectations allowed" rule in the eyes of some fans.

The Texans D, today nonwithstanding, is one of the worst in the NFL overall.

I expect a supposed Franchise QB prospect to perform against that kind of defense, even in his rookie year. 

Especially one with quite a bit to prove, given how poorly he's played so far and the time he's missed due to injury.

I expect him to show some spark of something to validate his high selection and the massive amount of time and patience we fans are expected to have for him.

So far, I haven't seen it yet.  The season, as a competitive endeavor, is now long over.  We're now in garbage time. 

If Zach cannot show us something even in garbage time, well, that too says something.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's interesting to me that the defenders of highly picked QB's (like Zack) never seem to actually have any actual firm expectations or demands for performance of those QB's.

It's as if being a high pick comes with both an unlimited three year competition-free try-out and a "no criticism or expectations allowed" rule in the eyes of some fans.

I expect a supposed Franchise QB prospect to perform against that kind of defense, even in his rookie year. 

Especially one with quite a bit to prove, given how poorly he's played so far and the time he's missed due to injury.

I expect him to show some spark of something to validate his high selection and the massive amount of time and patience we fans are expected to have for him.

So far, I haven't seen it yet.  The season, as a competitive endeavor, is now long over.  We're now in garbage time. 

If Zach cannot show us something even in garbage time, well, that too says something.

My goal for a QB is a guy you can win with. I’m not looking for anything more than that.

I gave up on Darnold because I couldn’t imagine building a perennial contending team around him. To me, Wilson is a success if the Jets can get they done and a disappointment otherwise. 

if you want some specific hallmarks I’m personally looking for - no turnovers and more than 250 yards passing would be great.

But I’m mostly looking for a winning performance, tbh 

• Upvote 1

My expectation is that he learns the NFL game , what he can and cant get away with ... and improves to the point if being consistently good by years end.

... and at least flash brilliance ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 7:29 AM, T0mShane said:

Scheduled my booster shot today for 1pm. Getting it at a Walmart on the seedy edge of a rural Connecticut mill town and requested a rusty needle. Hoping that, between the possible tetanus and Soros microchip, I emerge from my coma in two years with a good coach and professional football team having replaced what we have now. And also that I’ve mastered aikido like Steven Segal in the 1990 Steven Segal classic Hard to Kill. 
Gi Joe GIF

You might get another chance.

https://www.the-sun.com/tech/3913734/microchip-implanted-into-skin-vaccination-status-proof/