\\\\////The officially official nobuddy kers Jets VS Flippers Game thread\\\\////®️©️™️

BP

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

You realize this team is not going to the playoffs, right? 

You realize we played a QB who is older than dirt over White, who, what ever his failings, needs playing time to see if he's The Man?

You realize this franchise is  A F____IN' JOKE? 

This needs to be in a bigger bold font.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You realize this team is not going to the playoffs, right? 

You realize we played a QB who is older than dirt over White, who, what ever his failings, needs playing time to see if he's The Man?

You realize this franchise is  A F____IN' JOKE? 

Wait wait, you still think there is a chance that Mike White is “the man”? The 27 year old 4th year QB with a wet noodle of an arm who is on pace for 45 interceptions over a 17 game season? Do you need help?

5 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

And yet we could have started white and get an idea if he is even valuable as a backup.

You could be right. But I think the coaching staff got their "idea" of White's long term potential when they waived him earlier this year. Under that assumption, I don't think they are under the impression that evaluating back up QB > closer games. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, K Clue said:

So, if he doesn’t have Flacco’s arm, that wouldn’t make him a poor man’s Joe Flacco, it would make him Chad Pennington Jr. 

Mike White had ONE GOOD GAME.  Why is this even a consideration. 

Chad Pennington won way more than one game. But the arm is comparable--the pre-shoulder surgery Pennington to be fair.

Just now, phill1c said:

Chad Pennington won way more than one game. But the arm is comparable--the pre-shoulder surgery Pennington to be fair.

Flacco has no business being here.  We're not a post-season team.  Put White in and let's see if he can at least be a solution at backup QB going forward.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Wow what a productive week against one of the word pass defenses in football. Can we cut Flacco now before he gets half the locker room quarantined?

As much as I'm against these dangerous/unproven Covid vaccines, I'm almost envious that you got to miss the early part of this game.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, yvj said:

You could be right. But I think the coaching staff got their "idea" of White's long term potential when they waived him earlier this year. Under that assumption, I don't think they are under the impression that evaluating back up QB > closer games. 

I feel that games like these accomish nothing. I do not think that the Jeta are better today than they were 3 years ago.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

If Mike White played the exact game Flacco did half this forum would be calling him the next Joe Montana 

Well, I guess we fans don't have to worry about that, do we. 

Instead, we'll get to see how well our Franchise QB does against the Texans next week. 

Presuming he is healthy and ready by then, of course.  

Now that Zach will be back, we can focus on him and his quality of play again.

LOL

People are actually serious in thinking Mike White could be "the Man"?

Even if his name was Dick Black...not in this lifetime. He's a Mike Glennon clone. Nobody wins with that...OR  Joe Flacco. But at least you're not auditioning a career backup when you just used the #2 pick on a QB.

in any event, the answer is "NO, he cannot be 'the Man'" on this or any other winning team." He could be a decent backup.

LOL

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Classic Jet loss to the Dolphins…

stupid penalties, missed FGs and bad luck galore.

Flacco did a good job in the backup role.

On to Houston with Zack.

Flacco gives us the best chance to win.   Let's hope he gets another start (or 7)

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

LOL

People are actually serious in thinking Mike White could be "the Man"?

Even if his name was Dick Black...not in this lifetime. He's a Mike Glennon clone. Nobody wins with that...OR  Joe Flacco. But at least you're not auditioning a career backup when you just used the #2 pick on a QB.

in any event, the answer is "NO, he cannot be 'the Man'" on this or any other winning team." He could be a decent backup.

LOL

He threw for 400 yards in his first ever start.  He very obviously deserved the start over Flacco.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Flacco has no business being here.  We're not a post-season team.  Put White in and let's see if he can at least be a solution at backup QB going forward.  

I somewhat agree. But, you know, I kinda know what Mike White is. He's a backup. What more do you need to know? He's decent unless you know he's going to play, then he's less effective.

But, you know, who cares really if Mike White can be a good backup? WE NEED A VIABLE STARTER!! WE NEED A LEADER! So, Mike White is not this player. I mean, you're desring a QB after 4 INTs? I can get that with Wilson.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Just saying comparing him to Flacco isn’t a good comparison since Flacco does have the better arm. 

Only reason I said Pennington was because they have similar arm strength. Also, I would hope Pennington won more than one game considering he was the Jets starter for about 6 seasons lol. 

10 minutes ago, yvj said:

I dont think I would trust the opinion of this coaching staff or front office.