flacco vs the dolphins

kmnj

as noted many times by many folks starting Flacco is simply beyond stupid-Joe thought so much of Flacco he let him walk after the offseason

we know flacco is washed and is not part of the long term plan-Mike White should be starting to see if he is a worth while back up for next year

Flacco vs the dolphins last year- 0 tds, 1 INT and under 200 yards-really that is the guy we need  to see more of ?

Mike White 400 yard games -he got already out of just starting a few games-flacco his entire career has none

Flacco last 300 yard game 2019 vs the jags-he got the loss

Joe D and sh*tty Saleh were crowning mike white after one game talking about how he had a shot to take the job -then he has one bad game vs an elite defense and they throw him in the trash for a washed vet

After Flacco busts out today who do they start next week? Joe makes a trade for Morgan because he knows the system lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe D and sh*tty Saleh were crowning mike white after one game talking about how he had a shot to take the job

Yeah, maybe for a few games while Zach was out.  

White melted under the blitz, its what the Fish do on every play and why Whites not playing.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

White melted under the blitz, its what the Fish do on every play and why Whites not playing.  

so Flacco has the answer? as noted he threw for under 200 yards vs them last year with no tds and one int

white has more upside -the season is over the jets suck like white play and entertain the few fans that are still willing to go watch

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

FWIW everyone melts under that blitz /// I for one would like to see if White adjusts his game a quality of a real starting QB and competent OL

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so Flacco has the answer? as noted he threw for under 200 yards vs them last year with no tds and one int

white has more upside -the season is over the jets suck like white play and entertain the few fans that are still willing to go watch

Saleh is feeling the heat and wants to prove he and his staff can win with competent QB play. He clearly believes Flacco gives them the best chance to win Sunday.

It's idiotic, but I get why he's doing it.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

white has more upside -the season is over the jets suck like the kid play and entertain the few fans that are still willing to go watch

this is the season to see if Zack is the QB. 

will you sit White next week no matter what happens today? no, thats why White isnt starting. the media and fan base will flip if White were to play good and we sat him .

Josh Rosen got 13 starts before Arizona called him a bust and moved on, Zach has 5 . he needs to play all 7 games if healthy.  then if he doesn't look good next year him and White can have a REAL QB competition to see who starts in 2022.

• Upvote 2

I do not like or agree with starting Flacco today.  

In my outside the box thinking the only purpose is to show Wilson that another QB that plays within the system can excel.  

Wilson simply hasn't bought in, and it give another opportunity to prove its system over style.

Ultimately, that is a far bigger problem.  

Probably way off base, but I can not think of any logical reason not to see if White can rebound.

At the end of the day, White did something that no QB has done for the NYJ in a very long time.  The guy or not. I think he deserved the opportunity.

• Upvote 1

Only plus to Flacco playing is everyone else has a better shot to shine on offense.  He's a guy who has seen it all and should be able to get the ball out in a hurry when he sees an open receiver.  If he has a good enough grasp of the play book, he could have himself a big day with these receivers.

• Upvote 1

I want to win this game and don’t get the Flacco hatred. He played ok for us last season and overall he’s a competent veteran who has had success in the NFL and a long time starter. He has credentials over the other Jets QBs on the roster. Mike White had to know if he played terribly as was the case last week there would be a short leash. You have to assume the same will be this week for Flacco and White could get playing time. If we’re behind going into the 2nd half and the offense not moving the ball they’ll probably go to him. I think Flacco can keep us competitive unless the defense again falls apart. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

You dont think Flacco knows how to deal with a blitz after all these years as opposed to a QB making his 3rd start, ever?  You dont remember the Pats blitzing Darnold into seeing ghosts and then with Flacco having the Jets in position to win the game, playing well in the process?

The season IS over, thats the point.  Theyre in full evaluation mode and you cant evaluate players with a QB on his back or throwing the ball away.

Who cares who starts if its not ZW at this point?  I dont care if its White or Flacco. I dont get all the fan outrage.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

FWIW everyone melts under that blitz /// I for one would like to see if White adjusts his game a quality of a real starting QB and competent OL

I would love to see it but he wouldnt be able to in the CSs mind.  He showed he couldn't handle the blitz vs the Bills and no, not everyone melts under the blitz.  QBs who can know how to beat it, how to find the player in man coverage.  White has no chance in finding that player at this point.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

the top is comp pct the bottom is passer rating.

even Zach is better under a blitz than White

IMG_1924.JPG

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I want to win this game and don’t get the Flacco hatred. He played ok for us last season and overall he’s a competent veteran who has had success in the NFL and a long time starter. He has credentials over the other Jets QBs on the roster. Mike White had to know if he played terribly as was the case last week there would be a short leash. You have to assume the same will be this week for Flacco and White could get playing time. If we’re behind going into the 2nd half and the offense not moving the ball they’ll probably go to him. I think Flacco can keep us competitive unless the defense again falls apart. 

lol he was shutout last year vs the fins-jets had zero points and Flacco sucked-we already know he sucks vs the fins we don't know what white would do

47 minutes ago, doitny said:

the top is comp pct the bottom is passer rating.

even Zach is better under a blitz than White

IMG_1924.JPG

Maybe if we can see Mike White against a not so great D we’ll get a better picture. Speaking of picture, Flacco looks ghostly. Wouldn’t be shocked if he ghosted on the Jets at half time when we’d be down 28-6. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Maybe if we can see Mike White against a not so great D we’ll get a better picture. Speaking of picture, Flacco looks ghostly. Wouldn’t be shocked if he ghosted on the Jets at half time when we’d be down 28-6. 

we did see he threw for 400+ yards lol

I am not saying mike white is the guy off of one great game nor will I trash him for a bad game-overall he probably is the avg of his best game and his worst game

It's super important for Saleh and the team to try to win games and not make this into a try out for a new Qb or an extension of the exhibition season. If Saleh wants to win the locker room and expects his players to go out and put themselves on the line physically and mentally he has to give the team their best chance to win. So if Flacco does that today I have no prob starting him. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont think Flacco knows how to deal with a blitz after all these years as opposed to a QB making his 3rd start, ever?  You dont remember the Pats blitzing Darnold into seeing ghosts and then with Flacco having the Jets in position to win the game, playing well in the process?

The season IS over, thats the point.  Theyre in full evaluation mode and you cant evaluate players with a QB on his back or throwing the ball away.

Who cares who starts if its not ZW at this point?  I dont care if its White or Flacco. I dont get all the fan outrage.  

yeah he handled the blitz just ******* great 

turned the ball over  like a champ vs the blitz

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I would love to see it but he wouldnt be able to in the CSs mind.  He showed he couldn't handle the blitz vs the Bills and no, not everyone melts under the blitz.  QBs who can know how to beat it, how to find the player in man coverage.  White has no chance in finding that player at this point.

I didn't say "The" Blitz I said "That" Blitz and yes this year the Bills have don't just that 

43 minutes ago, kmnj said:

yeah he handled the blitz just ******* great 

turned the ball over  like a champ vs the blitz

He has, are you blind?  A DE came in unlocked and youre crowing that it was the QBs fault? 

What a terrible take and a pointless one 

Jets should be winning easily if the refs didnt have their blinders on.   

It was smart to start Flacco. I’ll stand by that statement no matter how this game turns out.

So many young pieces on this offense and trying to develop. These guys need to play with an experienced, functional, consistent QB who makes the right decisions. It’s like a dancing partner, you do things based on how you expect your partner to move and how you expect them to perform. If you are constantly changing your play to accommodate for a QB who doesn’t quite know what he’s doing yet and does unpredictable things then you develop bad habits. This offense needs to develop good habits and get a chance to work with a predictable performer.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It was smart to start Flacco. I’ll stand by that statement no matter how this game turns out.

So many young pieces on this offense and trying to develop. These guys need to play with an experienced, functional, consistent QB who makes the right decisions. It’s like a dancing partner, you do things based on how you expect your partner to move and how you expect them to perform. If you are constantly changing your play to accommodate for a QB who doesn’t quite know what he’s doing yet and does unpredictable things then you develop bad habits. This offense needs to develop good habits and get a chance to work with a predictable performer.

What was more important, getting Moore involved and catching 7 with 130 receiving yards through the 3rd or a few passes while White struggles against the blitz?

They just said, in the 4th, Flacco was 11 of 17 a pile of yardage with a QB rating of 133 against the blitz.  And the fish are blitzing almost 60% of the time.  

Starting Flacco was 100% the right move

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

lol it was not smart staring flacco he sucks

17 points is trash as is flacco oh and we lost 

And oh, the game was watchable.  Who cares who started if its not ZW.  Whats the big deal

Youre just bitching to bitch and are 1000% wrong.