There are 8 defensive linemen taken after Williams in the 2019 draft better than him

hmhertz

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/view/defense/table/defensive/sort/sacks/dir/desc

He's 5th in the league for sacks among DTs. He's not playing up to his draft position, but he's far from the biggest problem on the team and one of the few "good" players on the team. I wouldn't trade him. 

You know what is a bigger issue? All of the following players were available in FA:

Judon (3rd in sacks)

Reddick (5th in sacks)

Golden (6th in sacks)

Hendrickson (7th in sacks)

Floyd (9th in sacks)

Ngakoue (13th in sacks)

Barrett (22nd in sacks)

All of these players were available and who did Joe Douglas choose to pursue? Lawson, the guy with the injury history who is now out for the season with an achilees injury. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/view/defense/table/defensive/sort/sacks/dir/desc

He's 5th in the league for sacks among DTs. He's not playing up to his draft position, but he's far from the biggest problem on the team and one of the few "good" players on the team. I wouldn't trade him. 

You know what is a bigger issue? All of the following players were available in FA:

Judon (3rd in sacks)

Reddick (5th in sacks)

Golden (6th in sacks)

Hendrickson (7th in sacks)

Floyd (9th in sacks)

Ngakoue (13th in sacks)

Barrett (22nd in sacks)

All of these players were available and who did Joe Douglas choose to pursue? Lawson, the guy with the injury history who is now out for the season with an Achilles injury. 

But you don't understand, he was the cheapest option. That's ALWAYS the Jets priority. Sadly somethings never change

• Upvote 1

The premise of this post is a good one-Quinnen was not worthy of his draft pick.  JD did not draft him.  He is an ok player not worth cutting or trading.  

Although JD did not draft him, he did draft his offensive equivalent in Becton a year later.  

I am not feeling a resign here.  I am feeling at least one tag.