Tankathon Week 10 Edition

Imagine we traded back with both picks?  Not that far back but maybe to 10-15.  and picked up more 2nd and 3rd round picks??
Good thing Joe D is a master and we are in good hands.  He will nail this draft just like he did last year.  The man is a machine.

If JD trades back to the 10-15 and only acquires a 2nd and 3rd in addition to the 1st then he is a moron.
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Russell Wilson looks awful. 

So great. 

Carolina losing too. 

This draft could be epic. It’s not loaded with top flight talent but we’re going to get some very very good players all over the roster. 

You can tell Wilson wants out 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think Seattle rushed Wilson back too quickly.  All the stories last week about Wilson's courageous return from injury.  Several weeks earlier than any medical experts expected.  Maybe they should have let him heal up another week or two. 

For now, I am just enjoying every Seattle loss, because at some point, Wilson is likely to get healthy and they are gonna win some games.  But each week that passes with another Seahawk loss is just a little bit of a silver lining in a season of dark clouds.

I’m sure they will win a few game but one thing for sure their pick will be much higher this year than it was last year 

Just now, Be_a_Jet said:

Can someone tell me the status of Sherwood and Nasrildeen. I know they looked crappy thus far but wondering if we’ll get a chance to assess them and the Lb position a bit better before off season. 

They play for the worst franchise in the NFL.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Hoping the qbs rise and we can trade down with Houston, Philly, or giants  Gain a pick for next year.  Draft Hutchinson and garret Wilson. Trade back into the first for linderbaum/ekwanu. Hopefully nakome dean or daxton hill fall to our other 2nd round pick. $$$$

Depending on need and QB depth, the #2 pick could be worth a fortune; again depending on depth and need, the 5th may be worth a bunch too - trade them both down and acquire extra picks this year and next. That should 'complete' most of the rebuild.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Depending on need and QB depth, the #2 pick could be worth a fortune; again depending on depth and need, the 5th may be worth a bunch too - trade them both down and acquire extra picks this year and next. That should 'complete' most of the rebuild.

I don't really follow college football but isn't this supposed to be a sh-tty year for college QBs?

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't really follow college football but isn't this supposed to be a sh-tty year for college QBs?

There are likely going to be 2 or 3 prospects and 10 QB needy teams - but yeah; again it would depend on need and availability. In fact if there are only 2, the #2 pick (if we still are that high) would be worth more as it is either trade up or wait another year.

Teams are so desperate that a team traded a 2nd and a 4th for Darnold :-)

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Naturally this is a crappy draft to want to trade down. Would be sick though if JD turns Jamal Adams into 3 first round picks 

If we pick 1st overall, we should absolutely trade down, possibly multiple times.  Nothing else has worked.  Maybe we should just accumulate picks.  We can still make multiple picks in the 1st round this year but let's store away some extra #1 and #2's for next year too.  Go for quantity while still being able to get quality.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we pick 1st overall, we should absolutely trade down, possibly multiple times.  Nothing else has worked.  Maybe we should just accumulate picks.  We can still make multiple picks in the 1st round this year but let's store away some extra #1 and #2's for next year too.  Go for quantity while still being able to get quality.  

trading down gives us more rookies for next year. we cant keep fielding 7-8 rookies a year. we need to stay where we are and get some studs to go along with are nice players we already have.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've kind of noticed we have a lack of talent on this team.

So the two top 5 picks of today wouldnt help us, we have to lessen each pick and add another or bust?  

I hope we add a pick or two but its not up to us, someone has to want to come up for a player 

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

0-8-1 Lions: So far in a close game vs the Browns

1-8 Texans: Beating Tennessee in the 1st half. Would give them some momentum in playing us next week.

2-7 Jags: Jags are playing like JAGS

3-7 Dolphins: Playing gang green. Pick goes to Philly

3-6 Seahawks: Tough matchup vs Arizona this evening

3-6 Giants: Plays the Bucs, so we can pencil them 3-7.

Jets need to lose to Texans next week

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So the two top 5 picks of today wouldnt help us, we have to lessen each pick and add another or bust?  

I hope we add a pick or two but its not up to us, someone has to want to come up for a player 

If we trade down from #1 and drop down to let's say pick #7, we can still grab Linderbaum, while (hopefully) adding some serious draft capital.  If we trade down from #5 to say #15, we can also add serious draft capital while still probably adding a really good player. 

I just feel like if we're picking #1 overall (which we probably won't anyway but let's assume), it would be a waste to take anything other than a QB in that spot. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we trade down from #1 and drop down to let's say pick #7, we can still grab Linderbaum, while (hopefully) adding some serious draft capital.  If we trade down from #5 to say #15, we can also add serious draft capital while still probably adding a really good player. 

I just feel like if we're picking #1 overall (which we probably won't anyway but let's assume), it would be a waste to take anything other than a QB in that spot. 

Agreed.  Joe D has so many options here.  Its going to be crazy on draft night having 2 top 10 picks.  We could end up trading back, then trading up etc.  It is going to be madness and there no one Id rather have running this thing then the master Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

I think Seattle rushed Wilson back too quickly.  All the stories last week about Wilson's courageous return from injury.  Several weeks earlier than any medical experts expected.  Maybe they should have let him heal up another week or two. 

For now, I am just enjoying every Seattle loss, because at some point, Wilson is likely to get healthy and they are gonna win some games.  But each week that passes with another Seahawk loss is just a little bit of a silver lining in a season of dark clouds.

They are... but it won't be many.  They've looked bad and they still have some very tough games left.  The Seahawks still face the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals again one time each.  And, both Washington and Houston seem to be putting up a fight these days.  I don't see the Seahawks winning more than 6 games this season and they may not win more than 5.  Bears and Lions look pretty beatable for them but those teams are feisty too.  The Jets will be picking twice in the Top 10 for sure.  It's unbelievable.