Tankathon Week 10 Edition

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

If we can walk away with Theibedaux and Linderbaum I'd be f*cking pumped. Ideally the Linderbaum pick is made after we trade down with the Seattle pick.

Nothing would make me happier than netting an additional 1st for Jamal.

Are there any QBs worth trading up for? Let the hype begin 

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

In the Tankathon mock they have us taking the CB at 2 and the Safety at 5.

They have the Giants taking Hutchinson at 6 and Linderbaum at 7.

That would drive me absolutely crazy.  

I want the Jets to take two blue chip prospects on offense. Don't know or care who, but that's what I want. I want to give Zach every benefit of doubt, and if/when he ultimately fails, I want us to be able to jump ship quickly and cleanly knowing we gave him every opportunity. The upside to this strategy is that in this scenario, the next QB we draft will hopefully have a solid offense to grow into.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

I want the Jets to take two blue chip prospects on offense. Don't know or care who, but that's what I want. I want to give Zach every benefit of doubt, and if/when he ultimately fails, I want us to be able to jump ship quickly and cleanly knowing we gave him every opportunity. The upside to this strategy is that in this scenario, the next QB we draft will hopefully have a solid offense to grow into.  

I want the C and another speedster WR.  

51 minutes ago, xboxjets said:

Predict Jets end up with a top 10 (Jets) and top 15(Seahawks) Pics.

What is also interesting is the Giants have pic 6 and 7, in the first round. 

I cant remember if the Jets and Giants ever had 4 pics in the top ten or 15, in the draft. 

Indicates the state of NY football 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The problem with this is that if the Jets have both picks inside the top 8 or so, the overwhelming value is going to be defensive players.   It’s an incredibly defensive heavy draft at the top.  

37 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

In the Tankathon mock they have us taking the CB at 2 and the Safety at 5.

They have the Giants taking Hutchinson at 6 and Linderbaum at 7.

That would drive me absolutely crazy.  

It would suck, but reading the board would be months of entertainment if that went down. 

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The problem with this is that if the Jets have both picks inside the top 8 or so, the overwhelming value is going to be defensive players.   It’s an incredibly defensive heavy draft at the top.  

If the Jets end up with two top 10 picks I can easily see them trading back with the latter of those picks to accumulate more picks. 

I would also be concerned that the FO would be hesitant to take two premium positions like CB, Edge early in the first round, thinking about future cap implications.  I think this FO would want to avoid, 5 years down the line, having to pay a QB followed the next year by a CB and Edge. 

JD is always very focused on his cap space.

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Yep. That's what we were talking about in the draft forum in the offseason. We had to go offense in '21 because the '22 bluechippers were on defense. JD did what he needed to and went offense last year.

If the Seahawks pick ends up being around the 4-5 range, and we stay top 2 - I'd like to see JD pull the trigger on trading the 2 back into the 10-18 range and still go offense and I'd want him to pull the trigger on Linderbaum with the SEA pick even if it's a few spots early. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

If the Jets end up with two top 10 picks I can easily see them trading back with the latter of those picks to accumulate more picks. 

I would also be concerned that the FO would be hesitant to take two premium positions like CB, Edge early in the first round, thinking about future cap implications.  I think this FO would want to avoid, 5 years down the line, having to pay a QB followed the next year by a CB and Edge. 

I don’t think the future potential cap implications will dictate the picks.  Trading down could make sense depending on who is on the board at the time.  The value of the QB class could make the Seattle pick a nice place for a team to trade up for a QB.  

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Good thought, but in a vacuum (meaning not limited to CB or edge positions) I hope that JD doesn't avoid any premier prospects because of this line of thinking. There are always things that can be done in the cap to get by. Additionally, the odds are extremely low that all three of those players in your situation would get the types of 2nd contracts where you'd really have to worry about the cap.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'd settle for 2 very good players. Players that we can tell right away are very good, not players that we have to perform mental gymnastics to convince ourselves will eventually be good even though they suck now. 

Agreed.  We have so many holes in so many places.  We desperately need playmakers on each side of the ball.  Edge, WR1, OL, TE, S, LB all could use an upgrade.  I am not going to complain if we get two guys who can step in immediately and show they are above average NFL players quickly - regardless of position. 

Although I really want one of those top picks to be an Edge -- upgrading the pass rush probably does more to help out the secondary than a stud S or CB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  We have so many holes in so many places.  We desperately need playmakers on each side of the ball.  Edge, WR1, OL, TE, S, LB all could use an upgrade.  I am not going to complain if we get two guys who can step in immediately and show they are above average NFL players quickly - regardless of position. 

Although I really want one of those top picks to be an Edge -- upgrading the pass rush probably does more to help out the secondary than a stud S or CB.

It's time to start praying that we stay at 2 and the Lions decide to go QB.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It's time to start praying that we stay at 2 and the Lions decide to go QB.

Thibodeaux, Hutchinson or Karlaftis should all be worthy of a top 10 pick.  If we pick #2, and Thibs is gone, hopefully we get either Hutch at 2-4 or Karlaftis with Seattle pick.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s not a problem, the defense needs a ton of help. Spend money in free agency on offense and use the draft to add defense

NJ.com

1. Detroit Lions: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh: Small hands and older draft status won’t stop Dan Campbell from taking a leader at No. 1.

2. New York Jets: Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon: Draft luck finds the Jets. The best player in the class arrives in New York to add to what’s already a talented front.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State: The investment in Trevor Lawrence was made. Now it’s time to protect him.

4. Houston Texans: Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss: The next quarterback to lead this franchise needs to play with an attitude and swagger. Corral brings that.

5. New York Jets (from Seahawks): Derek Stingley Jr. CB, LSU: Risky after a season-ending injury? Perhaps, but worth the risk based on ability.

6. New York Giants (from Bears): Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan: The best Giants teams have been built on a big-time pash rush. This is a difference-making selection for defensive coordinator Patrick Graham.

------------------------

Is Stingley Jr. is truely the real deal this would be an epic draft outcome.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

NJ.com

1. Detroit Lions: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh: Small hands and older draft status won’t stop Dan Campbell from taking a leader at No. 1.

2. New York Jets: Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon: Draft luck finds the Jets. The best player in the class arrives in New York to add to what’s already a talented front.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State: The investment in Trevor Lawrence was made. Now it’s time to protect him.

4. Houston Texans: Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss: The next quarterback to lead this franchise needs to play with an attitude and swagger. Corral brings that.

5. New York Jets (from Seahawks): Derek Stingley Jr. CB, LSU: Risky after a season-ending injury? Perhaps, but worth the risk based on ability.

6. New York Giants (from Bears): Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan: The best Giants teams have been built on a big-time pash rush. This is a difference-making selection for defensive coordinator Patrick Graham.

------------------------

Definitely our best since Richardson/milliner selections.

7 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

NJ.com

------------------------

I’d go Yolo and draft Thib then Hutchinson.