Positives & Negatives from today

Hex

1 minute ago, Hex said:

We lost, but let's start with the positives:

-Elijah Moore is really good. 8 for 141 is amazing. He's a stud and will help our chances in any game. He was responsible for almost 40% of the total offensive yards.

-Joe Flacco is boring, but he did throw for 2 touchdowns (Although Moore is pretty much responsible for one of them).

-We scored more points than the Ravens did against the Dolphins

-The defense recorded another INT and held the dolphins to less points than they had in previous weeks

Now for the negatives:

-Robert Saleh isn't good with clock management. He needs to get better. Now that I think of it, he isn't great at much at all currently

-Michael Carter got hurt at one point, and up to that point he was one of the best players on the team.

-We lost

-The defense is still really bad. They recorded 0 sacks, and 24 points is a lot for a crappy Miami offense. We won't win any games until the defense can stop teams from scoring.

Overall, this game stunk. Elijah Moore was a bright light, but even his 141 yard day couldn't save the Jets. Hope they can beat the Texans next week, but chances are lowering each week.

Go Jets!

not much else to say.  i know a lot of people didn't want to see flacco in but imo he was the reason why moore got so much attention.  pretty clear the defense isn't good enough though it plays better with quincy williams than eric davis. it's also pretty clear the oline needs to do a better job picking up blitzers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fullblast said:

First game of the season without an interception on offense. Finally

Oh, yeah, you're right!

Guess that make sense, the combined age of Mike White and Zach Wilson is only 12 years more than Joe Flacco. He might be boring, but he doesn't make the mistakes younger QBs do

• Sympathy 1

I couldn’t watch most of the game at work but followed some of it on gamecast and got to see 15 minutes including the Moore long Td pass.We did get a pick by Davis. The offense moved the ball but unable to score enough points. It wasn’t terrible incl on defense. The team was competitive today. But we couldn’t even cover the spread. The Jets were the home team and lost and were outplayed by a mediocre team. Hoping to see Zach next week against Houston who like us have two Ws including beating Tenn. So nothing to write home about. 

JFM ........... exactly how did he get that contract extension?    

Jarrad Davis invisible again

Can Corey Davis look like he has some interest in the game

Ryan Griffin's blocking is painful to watch 

I dont see any progress with Saleh's D              Our D continually struggles covering  other teams TE's    Painful to watch weekly

When Saleh talks in his press conference and references free agents over many of JD's 2020 draft picks,.........not good

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Everyone was like 'he needs to be extended, NOW!!!"

All of a sudden the Jets are giving up 150 yards a game. WTF?

I mean, you have FOUR DL and you mostly get gashed--up the middle, on the edge, everywhere...most depressing aspect of this season.

18 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Jarrad Davis invisible again

Can Corey Davis look like he has some interest in the game

Ryan Griffin's blocking is painful to watch 

I dont see any progress with Saleh's D              Our D continually struggles covering  other teams TE's    Painful to watch weekly

When Saleh talks in his press conference and references free agents over many of JD's 2020 draft picks,.........not good

Jarad Daris is a real headscratcher/ disappointment.

The other Williams however is a tackling machine.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Jarad Daris is a real headscratcher/ disappointment.

The other Williams however is a tackling machine.

I agree on the other Williams, the LB    That kid hits harder than anyone i can remember in many years on a jet team   It hurts just watching the hits 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Moore is a stud, so is Vera-Tucker. I’m gonna probably get flamed for this, but did anyone else notice that Saleh was demonstratively more animated this week on the sidelines? It felt forced to me which is concerning because it feels like we have a HC who’s not sure of who he is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I would venture to guess that Saleh being more animated today could’ve had something to do with the fact that we weren’t losing 21-0 by end of first quarter. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Moore is a stud, so is Vera-Tucker. I’m gonna probably get flamed for this, but did anyone else notice that Saleh was demonstratively more animated this week on the sidelines? It felt forced to me which is concerning because it feels like we have a HC who’s not sure of who he is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Lol forced? Yes. He’s acting now. Jesus, you guys. 

• Upvote 1