heres how the jets become a winning organization again

1 minute ago, Namath99 said:

Trubisky is better than any qb we’ve had since Brett Favre

Agree. Wilsonians know that. They are petrified of competition from within. They’d prefer to be right on a message board than have good QB play for the Jets.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

We drafted Sheldon. I’m talking about FA.

It just seems less than optimal to look for people who have made mistakes as the primary reason for signing them. I want guys that don't make mistakes. Passionate guys. I don't want the guy who broke Geno Smith's jaw. I need Joe Klecko. 

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

It just seems less than optimal to look for people who have made mistakes as the primary reason for signing them. I want guys that don't make mistakes. Passionate guys. I don't want the guy who broke Geno Smith's jaw. I need Joe Klecko. 

It is less than optimal but perfect is the enemy of the good. Optimal — being seen as a place to come get a ring — is not available.

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Agree. Wilsonians know that. They are petrified of competition from within. They’d prefer to be right on a message board than have good QB play for the Jets.

How Zach Wilson became the 2nd overall pick in a draft is going to one day be an episode of Unsolved Mysteries 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Namath99 said:

How Zach Wilson became the 2nd overall pick in a draft is going to one day be an episode of Unsolved Mysteries 

Draft gurus are trailing (rather than leading) indicators. He only moved up draft boards when the Jets interest in him started picking up steam. What a terrible decision, which I said at the time FYI.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Hex said:

What winning coach would ever want to come here? Gruden might, but he lost his locker room in astounding fashion before resigning. Even if he has a winning history, nobody wants him to be their coach anymore. Any other winning coach that doesn't already have a team probably sucks now, or would never want to go to a failing Jets team. 

More than Gruden, I would have liked Jim Harbaugh

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Draft gurus are trailing (rather than leading) indicators. He only moved up draft boards when the Jets interest in him started picking up steam. What a terrible decision, which I said at the time FYI.

I’m worried so many “experts” being wrong on Zach and Fields leads to the next qb draft class hype being tempered and the lions decide to stick with Goff and drafting Kayvon Thibodeaux 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jgb said:

We drafted Sheldon. I’m talking about FA.

We all prefer high character guys. No one is saying low character guys is “better.” I’m saying time to get realistic we are not a destination team — instead of only landing guys with no other options due to age/performance or because we wildly overpay, might be time to give a chance on some guys who didn’t earn their Eagle Scout badge. We need to unlock some positive performance-to-pay opportunities.

I really don't see the issue being a lack of talent. I see it as cohesion or lack thereof. 

They don't play like they know how to win.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jgb said:

It is less than optimal but perfect is the enemy of the good. Optimal — being seen as a place to come get a ring — is not available.

Just sign the players with talent that fit the scheme. They don't have to be bad boys because, really, who has the time to deal with locker room cancer or this guy who gets suspended for PEDs?

There's nothing wrong with the talent on the Jets. They aren't being coached very well right now.

37 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Just sign the players with talent that fit the scheme. They don't have to be bad boys because, really, who has the time to deal with locker room cancer or this guy who gets suspended for PEDs?

There's nothing wrong with the talent on the Jets. They aren't being coached very well right now.

Nothing wrong with the talent?!? 

Is this JD??

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

No one is saying they “have to be bad boys” I’m saying beggars can’t be choosers and Jets shouldn’t be disqualifying talent on a “good boy points” basis.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

I really don't see the issue being a lack of talent. I see it as cohesion or lack thereof. 

They don't play like they know how to win.

Fair enough!  I tend to agree on offense but our defense is pretty barren IMHO.

9 hours ago, jgb said:

No one is saying they “have to be bad boys” I’m saying beggars can’t be choosers and Jets shouldn’t be disqualifying talent on a “good boy points” basis.

Parcells with the Jets signed Bryan Cox who was a headcase.  This was after 10 years of him looking the other way while LT was doing Coke and God knows what else the Saturday night before games

On 11/21/2021 at 5:09 PM, pleasefireSelahnow said:

Sorry I am not trying to be a troll, I am just trying to say that Jets need to just hire someone with coaching experience and that has had success in the league, why do they keep giving people with no success these long term contracts?  We are In New York here not Cleveland. throw some money at a winner for once!

AGREED. We haven't had a playoff run since Rex's days. Before that, we were in the playoffs at least semi-often in the Herm and Mangini years. What did all those coaches have in common? Lots of head coaching experience before we hired them.

16 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

AGREED. We haven't had a playoff run since Rex's days. Before that, we were in the playoffs at least semi-often in the Herm and Mangini years. What did all those coaches have in common? Lots of head coaching experience before we hired them.

Don't forget All the great years with Bill Parcells,than they started hiring people with no experience and way over their heads, how do we keep drafting top 5 quarter backs and ruining them?  Like all these guys can't be busts, these coaches just can't develop them.   How is a guy who is supposed to be such a defensive mind keep getting burned for 60+ yards and have a horrendous defense like this, you can blame the players all you want but it has alot to do with the system put in place.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Fournette was known as a malcontent turd also. That’s Lombardi Lenny to you now.

We need boy scouts on this team god dammit, forget about winning as long as they are not in the news lets be ok with never making the playoffs for the next 30 years, sign Robert Selah up for another 30 years because he is a family man and a nice guy!  Forget that he can't even call a timeout in a crucial game situation or stick up for his Quarterback who gets dirty hits and is hit 5 times after the refs call the whistle a 1000 times, afterall he is such a nice guy!  And as soon as a player as so much gets  a parking ticket cut him!  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

We need boy scouts on this team god dammit, forget about winning as long as they are not in the news lets be ok with never making the playoffs for the next 30 years, sign Robert Selah up for another 30 years because he is a family man and a nice guy!  And as soon as a player as so much gets  a parking ticket cut him!  

If you sign a behavioral rehabilitation project on a prove it deal and they keep up their churlish ways, you cut them and move on what’s the problem?

Just now, jgb said:

If you sign a behavioral rehabilitation project on a prove it deal and they keep up their churlish ways, you cut them and move on what’s the problem .

As long as the players don't get themselves in troubles its ok to go 0-17 next year and get blown out every game, for this years draft instead of focusing on talent lets focus on how much community service each player did, and lets draft him based on that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

As long as the players don't get themselves in troubles its ok to go 0-17 next year and get blown out every game, for this years draft instead of focusing on talent lets focus on how much community service each player did, and lets draft him based on that.

I only want players that I’d feel comfortable letting my daughter go to prom with 

On 11/21/2021 at 1:32 PM, pleasefireSelahnow said:

They stop hiring no name idiots like Bowles and Saleh, and give Gruden or a proven winner any money to come here and turn this laughing stock around, Gruden may be a racist but he builds winners.   IF anyone can't see that Saleh is not a good coach you are oblivious, anyone on this forum can coach this team better than this bufoon, look at all the bad penaltys this team takes, the blown coverages for 60+ yards, and not being able to call a time out in crucial game situations.

Saleh is going to be fine probably really good

13 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Saleh is going to be fine probably really good

Based on what?  That's like saying Zach Wilson is going to be fine really good when he can't complete a 3 yard pass to a wide open receiver.  So far Saleh showed he can't develop a Quarterback, can't make a defense better when he is supposed to be a defensive guru, can't call a timeout in a crucial game situation, and can't stick up for his quarterback when the other team is trying to murder him and cheap shot him.  That's a huge redflag to me, what game you watching.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

Based on what?  That's like saying Zach Wilson is going to be fine really good when he can't complete a 3 yard pass to a wide open receiver.  So far Saleh showed he can't develop a Quarterback, can't make a defense better when he is supposed to be a defensive guru, can't call a timeout in a crucial game situation, and can't stick up for his quarterback when the other team is trying to murder him and cheap shot him.  That's a huge redflag to me, what game you watching.

His coaching.

Zach can in fact make a 3 yard pass.

Coach Saleh has had two back ups ball out and flacco play in the system pretty well wotha week prep. 

I'm watching the same games but I don't have unrealistic expectations. This season was going to be rough. But happy with the couple wins so far and looking forward to seeing Zach close the season out strong.

Saleh terrible right now ... i am hopeful he improves.

Zach is struggling ... i hope he improves.

ML is improving.

Injuries are a real problem for this team ... they need to figure that out.

Moore, Carter, Vera Tucker appear to be studs ... if Zach pans out this past draft could historic.

JD is doing a good job .. at least a C+.. probably more loke a B- ... but his free agency gradd is no higher that a C.

Defense was never going to be good yhis year. But the secondary seems to be better than advertised..

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk