heres how the jets become a winning organization again

10 hours ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

Don't forget All the great years with Bill Parcells,than they started hiring people with no experience and way over their heads, how do we keep drafting top 5 quarter backs and ruining them?  Like all these guys can't be busts, these coaches just can't develop them.   How is a guy who is supposed to be such a defensive mind keep getting burned for 60+ yards and have a horrendous defense like this, you can blame the players all you want but it has alot to do with the system put in place.

Ah, yes, "all the great" Parcells years. Who can forget our energizing 9-7 1997 season, or our mind-blowing 8-8 in 1999. The unimaginable heights of one playoff appearance in 3 years. When will we get back to those halcyon days of Rick Terry, Dorian Boose, Scott Frost and David Loverne. 

3 drafts in which we obtained a total of 6 NFL caliber players (Farrior, Leon Johnson, and Jason Ferguson in 1997, Fabini in 1998, and Randy Thomas and Ryan Young in 1999). Yes, let's bring those days back! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This is an amusing place.  Half the board wants to enshrine Mangini for a couple of good drafts when his main attribute was only taking team captains that were 100% football.  The other half wants to become the Lyle Alzado Raiders.  Just win baby.  Who cares if you are a rapist, a wife beater or a racist?  It wouldn't be bad if it were a normal argument, but both sides act like it is obvious that anybody that disagrees does not want to win and THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!

Jon Gruden is a ******* moron.  I don't know how anybody that watched 1 second of him covering a game could want him to be their coach.  He is a failure and a clown and that was obvious before we found out he was a vile racist.  Let's hire him!

As for Parcells, @Doggin94it summed it up pretty well considering he never used the terms fat **** or carpetbagger.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Ah, yes, "all the great" Parcells years. Who can forget our energizing 9-7 1997 season, or our mind-blowing 8-8 in 1999. The unimaginable heights of one playoff appearance in 3 years. When will we get back to those halcyon days of Rick Terry, Dorian Boose, Scott Frost and David Loverne. 

3 drafts in which we obtained a total of 6 NFL caliber players (Farrior, Leon Johnson, and Jason Ferguson in 1997, Fabini in 1998, and Randy Thomas and Ryan Young in 1999). Yes, let's bring those days back! 

That's 1 more playoff appearance we had than the last 12 years.  Atleast those teams were competitive and played as a group, the current team is a embarrasment.

• Thumb Down 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:48 PM, pleasefireSelahnow said:

Big Ben alleged rapist and a true champion loved by fans

Bill Belichik big winner but a douchebag

Kobe alleged rapist, was a douchebag but was a god in La

Lawrence Taylor a true douchebag but loved by fans and a winner

Michael Irvin douchebag but loved by fans

Michael Jordan douchebag but maybe the greatest player ever

Tom Brady true Douchebag, scammed PPP for alot of money even though hes loaded but who would not take him on their team?

Derek Jeter, Tax cheat but loved by fans

Roger Clemens big Douchebag but loved by fans

Brett Favre big douchebag but loved by fans

List goes on and on, but we got guys with true Character so lets be 1-15, and 2-14 every year lets root for these losers because they got character and are nice guys.  Lets keep making excuses why they are not earning their paychecks because they are nice guys!

So let’s sign good players who are prone to getting in trouble why we try to build a winning culture. Then when things start looking up for the Jets, then star player is arrested suspended or even worse and they miss  multiple games possibly the whole year.  Then we want everyone fired for signing/drafting said player and his off the field problems. Good plan. 

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

So let’s sign good players who are prone to getting in trouble why we try to build a winning culture. Then when things start looking up for the Jets, then star player is arrested suspended or even worse and they miss  multiple games possibly the whole year.  Then we want everyone fired for signing/drafting said player and his off the field problems. Good plan. 

Just because players or coach's screwed up in the past doesn't mean they will in the future, Lets sign coaches/players based on their talent not on their reputation.   Infact most people come back on their best behaviour because they know they won't be earning millions if they keep messing up and ruin their legacy, and who wants that?

Just stumbled onto this mess of a thread but I want to make sure this is what you are saying.  

1. Hire the coach recently outed as having some racial bias (whether true or not does not matter to media and likely most players)
  2. This same coach then at the same time would be in the middle of a lawsuit with the person signing his checks and ultimately approving any signings

You may or may like "Selah" but this should in no way lead you to thinking this is a something any organization in any sport would consider. Either this is a waste less troll or you simply lack any sense of where we are in today's world with tolerance for this type of thing.  I think we have a good coach, but even if you don't like him you have nothing to prove Gruden is/was a great coach.  Show me the talent he developed, draftees he took who have outperformed their draft day expectation (I'll give you Crosby) you can take Ferrell, Abram, Leatherwood, Arnette.  He took a veteran team in Tampa built by the previous regime and basically Barrry Switzer'ed it.  Granted my daughter was in kindergarten when this happened and now college is the talk so my memory may be faded.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

In Saleh I trust! After all alot of hall of fame coaches started their 1st season being mediocre so he for sure is going to be a hall of fame coach and don't forget he is such a nice guy and nice guys finish 1st!

Maybe you would have more credibility if you changed your screen name.  Just saying...

On 11/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, pleasefireSelahnow said:

They stop hiring no name idiots like Bowles and Saleh, and give Gruden or a proven winner any money to come here and turn this laughing stock around, Gruden may be a racist but he builds winners.

This literally feels like an idea delivered to this forum by carrier pigeon from Dumbfvckistan.

I understand the idea of preferring a proven winner with serious HC experience, but you'd have a lot to choose from other than a guy shown to be an anti-gay, misognist racist who is currently suing the league for millions.  Suggest almost anyone....Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Brian Billick... heck, even Jeff Fisher or Steve Mariucci might have gotten you less criticism than this idea.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This literally feels like an idea delivered to this forum by carrier pigeon from Dumbfvckistan.

I understand the idea of preferring a proven winner with serious HC experience, but you'd have a lot to choose from other than a guy shown to be an anti-gay, misognist racist who is currently suing the league for millions.  Suggest almost anyone....Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Brian Billick... heck, even Jeff Fisher or Steve Mariucci might have gotten you less criticism than this idea.

I said Gruden or someone with a winning reputation, I didn't just single out Gruden.  I want to see the Jets throw 10 years 100 mil at Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy or Harbaugh to come turn thhis franchise around and them reject it, than I will eat my words.  Money talks very few people will say no to a 100 million dollars.

12 hours ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

I said Gruden or someone with a winning reputation, I didn't just single out Gruden.  I want to see the Jets throw 10 years 100 mil at Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy or Harbaugh to come turn thhis franchise around and them reject it, than I will eat my words.  Money talks very few people will say no to a 100 million dollars.

Fair point, but do we really want a guy who is just coming here for the paycheck?  A guy riding off into the sunset?

And, there's no guarantee that those guys will be successful after being out of the league for many years.  

On 11/23/2021 at 9:58 AM, Doggin94it said:

We had a legit chance to win the Superbowl under Parcells.  How often has that happened in Jet history?  Most of the time it's like "how in the world did the Jets end up in the AFC CG?!"

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair point, but do we really want a guy who is just coming here for the paycheck?  A guy riding off into the sunset?

And, there's no guarantee that those guys will be successful after being out of the league for many years.  

I rather take my chances overpaying someone proven than keep throwing 5 year deals at no names wouldn't you?  Because obviously giving no names job security long term did not work out the last 2 times, so why keep trying the same thing?  That's just wishing and praying the guy you hire who has no Nfl credentials and never coached in the Nfl is our saviour.  The jets haven't been competitive in 12 freakin years, time for experiments is over.  Get the organization a proven winner even if you have to wine and dine him and buy him a island.

the jets actually have a pretty good blueprint for rebuilding and it's the one they had in 1977.  it's interesting to see the parallels in the players they are drafting between now and then.  of course back then there were more draft rounds but now it's possible to attract the udfa's if the team looks promising.  that blueprint brought in some pretty darn good players and got them to the afc championship game.  unfortunately they swapped michaels for walton and the team lost it's soul.

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:22 PM, pleasefireSelahnow said:

So your saying Gruden contributed nothing to that Superbowl season?  This is laughable, call the man a racist all you want but don't even compare Saleh to him in the same sentence.  The man won a Superbowl as head coach Saleh will never sniff a superbowl or a winning season, if he weren't a racist any true Jets fan would take him over Saleh any day.  If you can't see that Saleh is a bufoon in the 1st ten games as a head coach, you are oblivious.

Integrity worth more than any Super Bowl win. 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:12 PM, jgb said:

We are in Cleveland Brown territory. We are a last resort destination for FAs. Want to be relevant again? Ditch the “we only want high character guys” mantra and bring in the slugs, turds, and jerks of the NFL to offer them a change at rehabilitation. Only way we are getting talent. Embrace a bad boys identity.

Sell your soul for a Super Bowl, eh? 

1 hour ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

I rather take my chances overpaying someone proven than keep throwing 5 year deals at no names wouldn't you?  Because obviously giving no names job security long term did not work out the last 2 times, so why keep trying the same thing?  That's just wishing and praying the guy you hire who has no Nfl credentials and never coached in the Nfl is our saviour.  The jets haven't been competitive in 12 freakin years, time for experiments is over.  Get the organization a proven winner even if you have to wine and dine him and buy him a island.

Proven winners are typically not available though.  Did Mike McCarthy count?  I know I didn't want him here.  I did want Urban Meyer here badly but he's obviously not looking too great (started out as a trainwreck but has improved somewhat).  

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He sees himself in Gruden.

22 hours ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

But you doubled down on Gruden with an awful “HE’S NOT THAT BAD OF A GUY” defense.  

You literally said “Gruden is a racist but at least he builds winners” then defended the comment in subsequent posts.  And perhaps the saddest part of that take?  He went 22-31 in Las Vegas.  So he’s a racist AND a loser.  Yikes.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But you doubled down on Gruden with an awful “HE’S NOT THAT BAD OF A GUY” defense.  

You literally said “Gruden is a racist but at least he builds winners” then defended the comment in subsequent posts.  And perhaps the saddest part of that take?  He went 22-31 in Las Vegas.  So he’s a racist AND a loser.  Yikes.  

Gruden is done. He's not walking through that door or any other that doesn't have "Unemployment Benefits" written over it.

• Upvote 1