Saleh is getting canned right?

Matt39

Just now, T0mShane said:

If I’m Saleh, I don’t come back next year if there’s an edict that Wilson has to be my starter for 16 games. **** that. I’m forcing Douglas to bring in legitimate competition for him. Wilson may or may not turn out to be good, but Saleh shouldn’t risk his career on it.

The real risk to his career is a defense that can't stop the run consistently. 

Look, Wilson will be better, the OL won't be new, the continuity will help. But what about a defense that can't stop the run or pass? That's what he's supposed to be the Subject Matter Expert on.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

The real risk to his career is a defense that can't stop the run consistently. 

Look, Wilson will be better, the OL won't be new, the continuity will help. But what about a defense that can't stop the run or pass? That's what he's supposed to be the Subject Matter Expert on.

I think they can fix that relatively easily with a few additions and subtractions at linebacker. 

1 minute ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Go get an actual head coach--- Doug Pederson

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Douglas would be wise to cover his own ass by forcing a qualified OC onto Saleh’s staff next year that he could conveniently slide into the interim HC role if need be. Pederson would be a perfect guy for that.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

You guys do realize that the Gase years don't count against Saleh in the eyes of their Boss right?  Like, they are looking at this as a whole new reboot, no matter how much some folks want to say this is Year 3 or 4 or whatever, Gase was brought in to win, not reboot.  He sucked so bad that they are here.  The owner is all in on a ground up rebuild with this GM and Coach, knowing this year will be crappy, but expecting things to be different because they are doing things differently than any other time in Jets history.  But, for some reason people are pining for the same old "3 years and a cloud of garbage" from the Jets after half a season...  Ii's stupid and annoying to see 300 threads all more asinine than the last.  GET OVER IT.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas would be wise to cover his own ass by forcing a qualified OC onto Saleh’s staff next year that he could conveniently slide into the interim HC role if need be. Pederson would be a perfect guy for that.

LaFleur has pretty much been the strength of the team for 4 weeks. Which isn’t saying much but still…

1 minute ago, Origen said:

You guys do realize that the Gase years don't count against Saleh in the eyes of their Boss right?  Like, they are looking at this as a whole new reboot, no matter how much some folks want to say this is Year 3 or 4 or whatever, Gase was brought in to win, not reboot.  He sucked so bad that they are here.  The owner is all in on a ground up rebuild with this GM and Coach, knowing this year will be crappy, but expecting things to be different because they are doing things differently than any other time in Jets history.  But, for some reason people are pining for the same old "3 years and a cloud of garbage" from the Jets after half a season...  Ii's stupid and annoying to see 300 threads all more asinine than the last.  GET OVER IT.

I don't think people understand this, or they continue to pretend that it isn't true. Woody sees this as year one for JD and Saleh. Again, people don't have to like it, but they better get used to it, because JD and Saleh are here for a while. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1