Saleh is getting canned right?

Matt39

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It’s a long term plan. Saleh isn’t going away unless he loses the locker room. But, I don’t see how seeing that most of the roster is made up of rookies/ 2-3 yr vets.

your right.

there is no way Saleh took this job with all these rookies without some insurances that he will get at least 2 maybe 3 years. definitely not one. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

this makes me more confident he's gone

Saleh reminds of the mike Tyson quote: “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”.  
to me this sums up saleh better than any take I’ve heard.   He had a plan from his time in Seattle and SF and he is totally unprepared for what to do when the plan didn’t work.  Sure, he’s had to deal with injuries but he sounded so confident all off season and is now totally lost out there.  Once he punched in the mouth he basically had no answers and the players know it. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Saleh reminds of the mike Tyson quote: “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”.  
to me this sums up saleh better than any take I’ve heard.   He had a plan from his time in Seattle and SF and he is totally unprepared for what to do when the plan didn’t work.  Sure, he’s had to deal with injuries but he sounded so confident all off season and is now totally lost out there.  Once he punched in the mouth he basically had no answers and the players know it. 

No plan. Disorganized and soft training camp. Disorganized team. Not rocket science why it's not working.

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure everyone is here for at least 3 more years, even if they continue to suck.

The brass can’t let this be the place where careers come to die.  You simply can’t keep hiring and firing coaches every two years.  First of all, it guarantees that your team stays in the gutter, as each tear down sheds more talent than it takes in.  It also makes sure that no one will ever take the job.

We’ve gone through too many coaches/GMs in too short a span at this point, so like it or not, this is what we have now

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Lafleur looks like he figured out how to coach.  

Saleh's defense needs better players.  i think he is going to get them next off season.

I don't think Saleh is the answer, but I don't think he is gone this season.   He will get a reboot in 2022. 

Lafleur didn’t figure anything out.  Flacco is simply our best qb

4 hours ago, Hex said:

In Adam Gase's first year he started 1-7, which is worse than Saleh. They kept him anyways

Woody doesn’t fire until last guy is off the books. Gase paid through 2022 season. Woody ain’t paying 3 HC’s at the same time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Origen said:

I wonder what it's like to be a Pittsburgh fan?  They have had 3 head coaches in my lifetime.  There is something to be said for giving a coach time to build a system.

Trouble with this idea is you have to have the right guy hired to start with, one worthy of giving patience.

You could have given Adam Gase 100 years of patience, and we'd still suck.  No number of years would have turned him into a Bill Cowher.

The question before us now is this:  Is Saleh that guy.  That Bill Cowher type worth sucking now for a future of consistent competitive post-season and titles?

I'll be quite honest, if he is......I've not seen it.  I've seen absolutely nothing from this staff that say "patience will be rewarded".

They look lost out there so far.

But as noted by many, we're the Jets.  So Saleh will get his three seasons regardless of if he earns them or not.  

Anyone dreaming of firing the lot, JD, Saleh, whomever, should disabuse themselves of that notion sooner rather than later.  It isn't happening.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Hael said:

Pretty sure everyone is here for at least 3 more years, even if they continue to suck.

The brass can’t let this be the place where careers come to die.  You simply can’t keep hiring and firing coaches every two years.  First of all, it guarantees that your team stays in the gutter, as each tear down sheds more talent than it takes in.  It also makes sure that no one will ever take the job.

We’ve gone through too many coaches/GMs in too short a span at this point, so like it or not, this is what we have now

This. What coach would want to come here when their job security could be at risk at every play, let alone game?

Johnson landed consensus top HC candidates with Bowles, Saleh and Herm. Rex was always lurking in the top candidate list as well. It cannot be a coincidence that their high potential all meet their doom here. They could not all have been overrated. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

If we continue to perform like we have been, it would be warranted to fire Saleh after the season. But the Jets would want a proven, veteran coach if they made a move and I can’t imagine who that could be. Doug Peterson?

Just thinking out loud, this isn’t happening lol. 

good point.  there just aren't that many proven coaches out there.  peterson might be a good choice.  it's not happening.  this team had too many changes from last season to think they could actually be competitive for a full game.  they'll show some spurts and even play a series or two the right way but by and large someone will be out of position or maybe not have the physical talent to make a play.  the only thing is just who is determining if there's any improvement?  saleh?  lafleur? ulbrich?  all of these guys have a vested interest in seeing the improvement and so they will.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The idea that a cheerleader/CEO head coach is going to beat Bellicheck who actually diagnoses and game plans is absurd.   Saleh is a nice guy.  He isn’t getting a good roster over the hump in our division.  That’s if we ever have a good roster.  

The Jets are a really untalented team.  A really good coach like Frank Reich or Jim Harbaugh might get this roster with these crap quarterbacks to 6 or 7 wins

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The idea that a cheerleader/CEO head coach is going to beat Bellicheck who actually diagnoses and game plans is absurd.   Saleh is a nice guy.  He isn’t getting a good roster over the hump in our division.  That’s if we ever have a good roster.  

Totally agree. Herm actually had qualified assistants with experience. 

9 hours ago, Namath99 said:

Lafleur didn’t figure anything out.  Flacco is simply our best qb

100% correct. The biggest mistake Joe Douglas and his merry band of unprepared coaches was not starting the season with a vet in camp. I mean damn, Flacco was on the team already at one point. Not like Flacco needed to take many Reps from Zach in camp, pretty much plug and play like he proved yesterday. Had most of the answers for Miamis Blitz-a-thon. I just hope LaFleur, Wilson and Flacco burn a hole in that film studying it. That was a clinic on handling blitzes 

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Kinda reminds me of the Cardinals season where they realized they hired a mistake. Saleh is not a HC and it's obvious. Depends on Woody's feel but right now I'd be shocked if he gets a second season.

He's not getting fired, this team needs players especially on defense . We Need LB's In a bad way fast intimidating LB's that will put a real hurt on offenses like Quincy does when he's playing well.  As always we still need a consistent Pass Rusher that's not named Franklin Myers maybe Lawson can come back but an Achilles is a bad injury to recover from.

We have some good ones then its a HUGE drop off in talent. On offense we are probably a C RG #1 RB and #1 WR away from being a pretty explosive offense if the QB position pan's out and that's a big If at this stage. 

With all our Picks and Available cap money we should be able to fill these Holes and get proven players via FA. If at that stage we fail next year then I would start to lean in the direction you are calling for here but in reality you are a bit over the top asking for Saleh to be fired with the Injuries we have had to overcome and the fact Zach Really was not ready for the NFL.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I feel like this is guaranteed at this point. Dude is a disaster. Douglas may get a mulligan. But who is the next Jets coach?

What were all the bad moves he made in the game today that would lead even the most clueless of fans to come up with this?   That he started Flacco?  LOL

Keep dipping coaches, thats the recipe for success thats been proven throughout the history of the NFL

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

Yes. But Adam Gase lost by a total of 117 points in his first 7 losses. 

Saleh gave up 141. 

And he is supposed to be a defensive head coach. 

And they coached the same roster, played the same teams, everything is exactly the same.

Oh and the season is over, we're not playing the easy part of the schedule to help make your point

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think we would hate it more if they didn’t. Hopefully attain couple FA playmakers for the offense then fix this terrible D. 

I’d prefer to keep the focus on the QB as I haven’t seen anything from Saleh to justify he’s the long term answer at HC. I definitely expected him to be able to do a little more with what he had in regards to the defense though. If JD can find a C/RG/TE in FA that isn’t some bargain basement singing/backup material I’d be okay with it. 

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I’d prefer to keep the focus on the QB as I haven’t seen anything from Saleh to justify he’s the long term answer at HC. I definitely expected him to be able to do a little more with what he had in regards to the defense though. If JD can find a C/RG/TE in FA that isn’t some bargain basement singing/backup material I’d be okay with it. 

I appreciate that simply because offense has been so neglected last decade.on her then that even!  Yet, with good or even solid QB play the offense looked ok.

The defense looks so bad now it’s hard to not to add some picks to fix it. Saleh may not be the long term answer but unless something crazy happens he will be here least couple more years. No way they don’t try and improve his defense with some higher picks, He let the offense have this last draft and came out and said it will get worse before of gets better. Nobody though historically worse! Haha, but it is.

I also feel that with couple solid FA pick ups and another solid lineman that offense will be fine providing the QB behind center can run it. 

• Upvote 1