Mike White would have won today

Blackout

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Yes it did. The phins blitz constantly and a inexperienced qb wouldn’t know where the pressure is coming from. A guy like Flacco has seen it all and did a decent job not throwing ints or getting sacked 

The Texans picked off Ryan Tannehill four times today, sacked him twice, and knocked him down another eight times. By your logic, are we starting Flacco next week, too?

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, Mike White would be the reason the Dolphins and Tua Tagoliavoa scored 18 more points than they’ve put up in any game all season. 

yes he would if he threw 3-4 INTs to put them in good field position. or take a bunch of sacks. if they fooled Flacco on that ONE PLAY could you imagine what they would do to White.? he is like the Statue of Liberty back there. at least Wilson looks to roll to his right .

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Yes it did. The phins blitz constantly and a inexperienced qb wouldn’t know where the pressure is coming from. A guy like Flacco has seen it all and did a decent job not throwing ints or getting sacked 

Didnt you read above, the fish dont do anything different from other defenses.  

They blitzed on over 60% of their snaps today bit thats not really relevant, a QB making his 4th start, wouldnt have any issues with the blitz.  I actually read that here

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, doitny said:

yes he would if he threw 3-4 INTs to put them in good field position. or take a bunch of sacks. if they fooled Flacco on that ONE PLAY could you imagine what they would do to White.? he is like the Statue of Liberty back there. at least Wilson looks to roll to his right .

If you think Mike White is guaranteed to throw four interceptions against every opponent, the Jets should have cut him yesterday.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Texans picked off Ryan Tannehill four times today, sacked him twice, and knocked him down another eight times. By your logic, are we starting Flacco next week, too?

This was Flacco vs white. White doesn’t keep a d honest because of his noodle arm. If Zach is healthy and ready then he starts. It’s trending towards he’ll be good to go. But keep being you and stay negative every comment broski 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Dolphins don’t score is the point. It’s quite the leap to suggest that Mike White is going to be the impetus behind Tua Tagovailoa leading their team to 40 points.

My bad I went off the rails.

But I would bet if Mike White threw 4 picks ala Tannehill, the fins score more than they did today

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you think Mike White is guaranteed to throw four interceptions against every opponent, the Jets should have cut him yesterday.

White will be here next year. Flacco wont. so we have time to work on that if we want. right now there was a better option on the roster against a team who blitzs 60 times a game

• Upvote 1

Just now, the Claw said:

I mean, White probably wouldn’t win, but playing Flacco was just dumb.

Why was Flacco dumb, other than just saying it over and over?  The season is over, White will be the backup next year with or without the game so whats the point?

Other than they got to see Moore run all over the fish and others play as opposed to watching MW do nothing

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

White will be here next year. Flacco wont. so we have time to work on that if we want. right now there was a better option on the roster against a team who blitzs 60 times a game

Fellas, the Jets offense didn’t even run 60 plays this game. They ran 59. Are you trying to say they blitzed on every down plus one?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Stop with the delusion. No one liked white after he completely sh*t the bed last week. 4 picks should have been 7. 8 picks in 3 games. Left 3 separate games because of injury. He is what he is. 

Look, you have 2 young QBs. This team is not going to the playoffs. Wins and losses are almost immaterial (granetd better to win, but not like we're looking at playoff seeding). You have so many game snaps in the games left. As many as possible should be devoted to finding out what the 2 youngsters can or cannot do.  Flacco is not gonna be here next year. Now if either of the young guys craps the bed, no problem brining Flacco in to finish up a mess. But starting him looks like a lost opportunity to evavluate White or Wilson and give either some game experience. Because 2 a days and playing in August against a bunch of soon to be milkmen and stockbrokers is not nearly the same. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

My bad I went off the rails.

But I would bet if Mike White threw 4 picks ala Tannehill, the fins score more than they did today

Yes, if we just pencil in Mike White for four picks, we should definitely not play him. And if we do the same for Zach Wilson, we should not play him either. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why was Flacco dumb, other than just saying it over and over?  The season is over, White will be the backup next year with or without the game so whats the point?

Other than they got to see Moore run all over the fish and others play as opposed to watching MW do nothing

Your gift of prescience should be put to better use.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, if we just pencil in Mike White for four picks, we should definitely not play him. And if we do the same for Zach Wilson, we should not play him either. 

Except that INTs happen, no Qb is immune.  Through 7 weeks Mahomes led the league in TOs, no one was taking him out of the game

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I love how what people feel guys would do in hypothetical situations means more to them than what these guys have actually done.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except that INTs happen, no Qb is immune.  Through 7 weeks Mahomes led the league in TOs, no one was taking him out of the game

I think people are trashing White way too hard because of the Bills game when they Bills are crushing every QB they cross paths with. The Colts put up 41 points against them today, but Wentz only went 11-20 for 106 yards and TD. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think people are trashing White way too hard because of the Bills game when they Bills are crushing every QB they cross paths with. The Colts put up 41 points against them today, but Wentz only went 11-20 for 106 yards and TD. 

Fallacy. 

When you rush for 250 yards the QB doesn’t need to do much. 

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I dont hear one word of MW trashing.  Its not trashing him to say that with all of 3 starts, only 2 complete games he would have trouble with the fish blitz packages.  

The Bills have been erratic this season, they've lost some weird games, couldn't score against the Jags or the Steelers.  Allens been erratic, probably because Diggs hasnt been the Diggs of 2020

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Today would have been a nice time to "work on that".  It's not like this is a team with postseason aspirations we're talking about here.  You need to take every opportunity to develop young players on your team in an otherwise lost season.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Flacco handled the blitz beaters to perfection today.  After watching him today I totally get why Salah started him against this defense. 

White would’ve been absolutely overwhelmed.

Then let him be overwhelmed and work through it.  NFL teams are always going to be blitzing unless they change the rule some day.  You can't insulate your young QB(s) from pressure.  If he ended up throwing 3 picks in the 1st half or something, you could always bring Flacco in THEN.  But he should have at least given White the start.

I mean, didn't Saleh talk a big game all offseason about how players and teams are developed through adversity?  Then, when push comes to shove, Saleh takes the coward's approach all of a sudden...

• Upvote 1