The "Relish The Pain" Thread

If Cam Newton was their qb their record would be exactly the same.  They are winning games becasue they have the best D in the league and are playing ball control/no turnover offense.

Bellichek is a master at that.  Mac jones is playing well.  But hes not being asked to do much beyond making easy throws and not turning the ball over.

If Mac Jones was on the Jets we would have 1 win.  And it would be the mike white game, not anything mac jones did..

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Regardless of if Pats etc are any good, I see a lot of front running media reporting. It's the very worst of so called journalism because it's covering something that's really not that important. So facts are particularly not important, there is 24/7 to cover, so it's largely editorializing like the "real news" on TV now, and the sports reporters takes and analysis blow back and forth in the wind like sheets drying in a hurricane. 

When I want to consume sports garbage, I stick to forums. I prefer do it yourself stuff. 

The Bills, Broncos and Patriots are the only teams that have allowed less than 200 points this season. 

4th place is (I think) the Ravens at 240 points

The Patriots have an elite defense, and it helps the offense a ton with good field position, turnovers, ect.

Edit: Cardinals have allowed 202 points, then next is Ravens at 240 points. My bad

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Pats-Packers in this year's SB.   Mac Jones SB MVP.  

As Jet fans, and after drafting Zack Wilson, you know this f*ckfest is coming true.

Pats won’t get through the playoffs and you don’t draft based on who will have the best rookie season.  

I think Mac Jones was nearly universally accepted to being the most NFL ready rookie going into the best situation.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Pats won’t get through the playoffs and you don’t draft based on who will have the best rookie season.  

I think Mac Jones was nearly universally accepted to being the most NFL ready rookie going into the best situation.  

All I recall is folks calling Jones a "punching bag" or bum who would not make it in the NFL.   I had no idea about the guy so am as surprised as anyone.

From what I've seen, the most impressive part of his game is the composure behind center.  I wish Zack Wilson had half of what Jones has shown so far.  He does not look like a one year flash in the pan.   The guy can play, especially with the coaching he gets in NE.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

All I recall is folks calling Jones a "punching bag" or bum who would not make it in the NFL.   I had no idea about the guy so am as surprised as anyone.

From what I've seen, the most impressive part of his game is the composure behind center.  I wish Zack Wilson had half of what Jones has shown so far.  He does not look like a one year flash in the pan.   The guy can play, especially with the coaching he gets in NE.

He was billed as a game manager who would be limited athletically and throwing it down the field.  The said he had a low ceiling but safe floor.

That’s what started the 49ers speculation.

• Upvote 1

I have been watching BAMA since Saban started coaching for them because of my wife. She's been a BAMA fan since living in Birmingham, AL. While that's a lot longer than since Saban has been there, she started watching every Sat since basically going to back to back National Championships, she's acting like I did when I was younger and was religiously watching the JETS. She paces, every play, yells as the TV, and gets really annoyed when they have a bad game or on the rare occasion they lose. I've seen most of the QB's they have thrown out there, and Mac Jones was the best of them all. I get his line protected him well, but he made almost every throw seem effortless. He had some of the best receivers also which made it easier, but he did what he needed to do, and he was the most NFL ready out of all off last year's class. That said, he went to the perfect place for him. That Offensive staff has been around for a long time and has been doing it with Brady for a long time. It's easy to see why he has so much success there. That's not saying he wouldn't have success here, because I do believe he would have taken ML system and ingested it whole.

If Cam Newton was their qb their record would be exactly the same.  They are winning games becasue they have the best D in the league and are playing ball control/no turnover offense.
Bellichek is a master at that.  Mac jones is playing well.  But hes not being asked to do much beyond making easy throws and not turning the ball over.
If Mac Jones was on the Jets we would have 1 win.  And it would be the mike white game, not anything mac jones did..

Yesss because all successful QB’s would suck on the Jets and the Jets QB’s are actually all HOF guys that suck only because they’re on the Jets . This is almost as fun as the “LaFleur saves the good plays for Mike White” excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I have been watching BAMA since Saban started coaching for them because of my wife. She's been a BAMA fan since living in Birmingham, AL. While that's a lot longer than since Saban has been there, she started watching every Sat since basically going to back to back National Championships, she's acting like I did when I was younger and was religiously watching the JETS. She paces, every play, yells as the TV, and gets really annoyed when they have a bad game or on the rare occasion they lose. I've seen most of the QB's they have thrown out there, and Mac Jones was the best of them all. I get his line protected him well, but he made almost every throw seem effortless. He had some of the best receivers also which made it easier, but he did what he needed to do, and he was the most NFL ready out of all off last year's class. That said, he went to the perfect place for him. That Offensive staff has been around for a long time and has been doing it with Brady for a long time. It's easy to see why he has so much success there. That's not saying he wouldn't have success here, because I do believe he would have taken ML system and ingested it whole.

Mac Jones is successful because he’s incredibly intelligent. He’s average on every measure of a QB, but his intelligence is through the roof. So while he might not be able to throw a sick flash play bootleg for 60 yards on a dime, he can look at a defense lined up in front of him and understand what they’re trying to do and counters with the correct play/pass. Mac Jones is going to have a very long career in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1