Any news on Carter's Injury?

Bruce Harper

Hopefully, nothing serious. He is a good player, my only concern is that his running style isn't really all that sustainable long term given his size. He takes a ton of punishment every game. Jets should be limiting his snaps going forward regardless of his injury status. Either way, JD clearly had a better draft class this year. Moore/Carter/AVT/MC2 are all good already.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes a stud.  The 2021 draft class will go down as legendary when its all said and done.  Could be the best draft class in Jets history.  Cant wait to see what Joe Douglas does with all the picks in this upcoming draft.

Not sure about legendary class....however Joe D has nailed a lot pics

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

We need to stop runnig him between the tackles so much.  He's not a big dude. Run Ty Johnson into the middle.  More runs to the outside, screens, etc.  Let's keep him healthy.

He's a 4th round draft pick and we are a team that can't move the ball.  We should do whatever we have to do to get first downs.  What the **** are we saving these guys for?  It's like people being worried about running RPO with Darnold.  Who gives a ****?  Move the chains and replace the guys that get hurt.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

We need to stop runnig him between the tackles so much.  He's not a big dude. Run Ty Johnson into the middle.  More runs to the outside, screens, etc.  Let's keep him healthy.

I disagree. You can’t limit a guy like that. He’s a little short but it’s not like he’s a twig. Besides, as illustrated by the o line, you can be huge and get injured in the trenches. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Isn't that in part why Perine was drafted?  To be something of a bruising runner?

Hard to remember given how little of Perine we've seen or heard since he was picked.

Just now, Warfish said:

Isn't that in part why Perine was drafted?  To be something of a bruising runner?

When you use a 4th and a 5th draft picks on RB, you are lucky if you one turns into Michael Carter. In years past, we ended up with mostly Perine's, who is pretty much a dud. 

Either way, Perine is 5'11 and 216lbs. That's Kamara sized and definitely not a bruising back build. 

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hard to remember given how little of Perine we've seen or heard since he was picked.

See, that's the weird thing.  Can't say I saw a lot of Perine in college and last year he was really underwhelming but I never thought he was a big bruising back.  5-11 216 IMHO is kind of that average RB size--he's not 225 or 235.  

But just this past off season that's exactly what Saleh called him, the big back to move the pile.  I don't see it--maybe he bulked up in the offseason but who would know? 

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When you use a 4th and a 5th draft picks on RB, you are lucky if you one turns into Michael Carter. In years past, we ended up with mostly Perine's, who is pretty much a dud. 

Either way, Perine is 5'11 and 216lbs. That's Kamara sized and definitely not a bruising back build. 

The difference also, Kamara is fast, has vision and can cut.

Perine--from what I saw last year was a guuy that just put his head down and ran straight forward--either into his own lineman or directly into a DLineman.  Zero vision.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He's a 4th round draft pick and we are a team that can't move the ball.  We should do whatever we have to do to get first downs.  What the **** are we saving these guys for?  It's like people being worried about running RPO with Darnold.  Who gives a ****?  Move the chains and replace the guys that get hurt.

We're 2-8 and going no where.  I don't want to burn out our best back in a while and use up his 4- 5 useful years in one lost season.  

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure it was reported as an ankle, not a knee.

Speaking as someone with no qualifications at all, I imagine it's just a question of whether it's a low ankle sprain or a high ankle sprain.  So best case, a couple of weeks, worst case I think high ankle sprains can be 6 weeks.

14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The difference also, Kamara is fast, has vision and can cut.

Perine--from what I saw last year was a guuy that just put his head down and ran straight forward--either into his own lineman or directly into a DLineman.  Zero vision.

100pct. Perine is just not good at football. I was just saying that even if he was good, it wasn't going to be in the mold of a bruising back. 

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Guy looks really good so I assume the injury resulted in amputation of both legs. Potentially career ending.

omg this mad eme laugh, no kidding it would seem like our luck. Nothing yet that i have heard. I mean I hope he its a miss that game sort of thing not out the season etc..

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

We're 2-8 and going no where.  I don't want to burn out our best back in a while and use up his 4- 5 useful years in one lost season.  

If we keep saving players we never will go anywhere.  In addition to finding out if the kid could run, maybe we can find out if he will hold up?  How much bigger are guys like Tiki Barber, McCaffrey?  I think Hunt, Ekeler and Lindsay are actually smaller.  No reason to limit the kid.  He has never had more than 16 carries in the game.  It's not like they are treating him like Riggins.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

If we keep saving players we never will go anywhere.  In addition to finding out if the kid could run, maybe we can find out if he will hold up?  How much bigger are guys like Tiki Barber, McCaffrey?  I think Hunt, Ekeler and Lindsay are actually smaller.  No reason to limit the kid.  He has never had more than 16 carries in the game.  It's not like they are treating him like Riggins.

I think maybe I wasn't clear.  I'm not saying to limit his touches or to sit him out or put him in bubble wrap.

I just don't get why they keep running him between the tackles so much.  Get him out in space, find a bruiser to run up the middle.

I want him to get 20+ touches a game.  Get him outside the box.  

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think maybe I wasn't clear.  I'm not saying to limit his touches or to sit him out or put him in bubble wrap.

I just don't get why they keep running him between the tackles so much.  Get him out in space, find a bruiser to run up the middle.

I want him to get 20+ touches a game.  Get him outside the box.  

I think that is the point of this offense.  With this scheme they aren't just slamming it in the A gap when they run inside and you don't need to be AJ Dillon to run inside.  I get not wanting to get the kid killed, but IMO if they know they are running outside every time he is in there he will not be effective.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, British Jet said:

The rumour was a high ankle sprain but there has been nothing confirmed. Could be without him for 3 weeks. 

High ankle sprain can cost him the rest of the season.

Honestly, if it's close to the end of the season, don't rush him back to help a 3-12 team try to finish 4-13.

• Like 1