Nick Bawden, my new favorite Jet

sec101row23

Nick Bawden was the fullback for Rashad Penny and Donnel Pumphrey, 2 2000 yard rushers.  First time ever in NCAA history.

This was a good pick up.

Let's look at JD's staff.  He is not doing everything like he used to.  Whoever is looking at Pro Personnel (players acquired from other teams, or traded to them) is doing a very good job.  FAs are also ok-they are avoiding disasters.  But the draft picks need some help, at least based on 2020.  Maybe that is fixed already.   i actually think, looking at last year's draft, drafting secondary, 4-3 LBs and RBs after round 3 is a pretty good idea.  Rounds 1-3 is where you find OL, WR, DL.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t know how many will get the 90s wrestling reference but I’m shooting my shot anyway.

I absolutely cannot read his name and not think of Jim Ross announcing his plays.

”By gawd, that’s Nick Bawden!  Nick Bawden is here!.  He broke that man in half.  A good old fashioned slobberknocker!”

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He maybe promising but he is no John 'terminator' connor

That whole "Terminator" thing was a perfect example of Rex’s stupidity.

John Connor the Character  was not the Terminator.

John Connor was the enemy of Cyberdine, which manufactured "Terminators". But in Rex Ryans lazy stupidity, John Conner SOUNDS like John Connor, a character from the movie "The Terminator", so John Conner became, "John Conner, baby! THE TERMINATOR!! See my Fullback? The 'Terminator', baby!!" 

Just annoying.  

?  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Lost in the Elijah Moore performance yesterday was that we finally saw a full back getting some reps.   Hopefully we see more of Bawden, he looked good in his role and I think MLF would love to utilize the FB some more.   He looks like a capable receiver, which is equally important as his blocking skills.   

yeah but is he as good as the terminator? That they tried to sell me on as being great

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Only his second game being active, he converted to FB after starting his career as a QB at San Diego State.  Pretty athletic for a FB.  

Wasn't that FB from San Fran our Top priority in free agency. The apple cart was upset when he resigned with San Fran

I have no idea why the league has gone away from fullbacks. If Bawden can catch a pass when thrown to him and lead block, that's massive for this offense. 

I think it's fair to say the Wesco experiment at FB is over. He's still under contract for '22 so he'll be a cheap backup, but unless he can play H-back with his size, he's not going to be long for the NFL. 

• Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I knew this was gonna turn out great when I started typing his name in google and it auto filled "Nick Bawden girlfriend"

https://www.instagram.com/thecaliforniagirll/?hl=en

They did not make them like this in the early 90s when I was in my twenties.

I know what you mean. This is what I used to see a lot of in my twenties:

image.png.55d4841448adeb8f974b1947284c37e1.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That whole "Terminator" thing was a perfect example of Rex’s stupidity.

John Connor the Character  was not the Terminator.

John Connor was the enemy of Cyberdine, which manufactured "Terminators". But in Rex Ryans lazy stupidity, John Conner SOUNDS like John Connor, a character from the movie "The Terminator", so John Conner became, "John Conner, baby! THE TERMINATOR!! See my Fullback? The 'Terminator', baby!!" 

Just annoying.  

?  

Another guy, hand-picked because of a few highlight-reel hits ... who couldn't play football.

When the Jets started making draft picks based on a handful of highlights and who was whose pal in college, it began the spiral of inept talent recruitment that has led us to this moment and this rebuild.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I know it’s scary to say but Lefluer is turning out to be pretty damn good. Play calling and design have gotten better each week. 

Fairly obvious that it wasn't the OC the first few weeks, but the inability of the team to execute well.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Only his second game being active, he converted to FB after starting his career as a QB at San Diego State.  Pretty athletic for a FB.  

nothing I love more than QBs converted to FB's... The amount of fun stuff it opens up for an offense! 

Had that this year.. QB was a converted WR who has a great arm, FB was a converted QB, and WR was the 3rd string QB.  At any given time we could have 3 different guys take the snap and do different things.  Gave people fits.  Has nothing to do with the Jets situation, just saying its awesome lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1