Nick Bawden, my new favorite Jet

sec101row23

19 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

nothing I love more than QBs converted to FB's... The amount of fun stuff it opens up for an offense! 

Had that this year.. QB was a converted WR who has a great arm, FB was a converted QB, and WR was the 3rd string QB.  At any given time we could have 3 different guys take the snap and do different things.  Gave people fits.  Has nothing to do with the Jets situation, just saying its awesome lol 

He can also see the game through a QBs eyes.  I hope he can stay healthy because without a very good TE presence he can certainly fill a needed role.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He can also see the game through a QBs eyes.  I hope he can stay healthy because without a very good TE presence he can certainly fill a needed role.  

It will definitely help to get more creative in the run game with a good FB.  Makes traditional pwr and ctr easier which play nicely off outside zone.  A lot of what the jets have been missing honestly. 

18 hours ago, genot said:

Wasn't that FB from San Fran our Top priority in free agency. The apple cart was upset when he resigned with San Fran

Yes and it seems odd that they really didn't bring in any FBs.  When they rolled with Wesco, I figured it wasn't going to be an important position and they would just not use one much.  God knows we haven't used one a ton since Richardson.  I guess they were just looking for something very specific or decided later that they really needed one.

• Upvote 1