Saleh: This is the first time this fanbase has experienced something like this. This is an actual plan.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh touched on a lot of big picture, rebuild stuff in todays press conference - a really good listen.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/robert-saleh-press-conference-11-22-week-12

These guys are laying a foundation for the future and doing things the right way. I'm wholly convinced Saleh and JD are going to turn this around.  

I think this is a much better team next year if ZW can play better.  I think we need a real backup/competition.  

I am not thinking that this is a team that competes for the Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will agree that it’s true that Jets fans will not allow a team to rebuild, but I would like Saleh to specify at what point in his “rebuild” he plans on asking his players to tackle running backs. Thanks, Mike. I’ll hang up and listen.

Wont allow a true rebuild?  Hahahaha.  Joe and Robert dont give a flying eff about jet fans and what they want.  Joe and Robert have been giving the jet fan the middle finger every chance they get and its beautiful.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will agree that it’s true that Jets fans will not allow a team to rebuild, but I would like Saleh to specify at what point in his “rebuild” he plans on asking his players to tackle running backs. Thanks, Mike. I’ll hang up and listen.

Won’t allow the team to rebuild. Interesting since we have been rebuilding like 35 of the last 50 years.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m sure he asks, but they are evidently incapable and are in need of A. Being replaced B Having time to develop. 

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Jets bottomed out from scratch in 2017 to have a shot at a QB in 2018 (the Darnold draft). Sorry Saleh, we aren't as dumb as you think we are (well .... some of us aren't). 

The basic problem there is we didn't actually bottom out in 2017. We won just enough games (5-11) to keep us from organically earning the top pick, resulting in us trading 3 second round picks to get up to #3. Then, we took the wrong QB, anyway. 

Also, we were never building a winner with Macc running the show. 

• Upvote 2

Sure, we deep fried the brain of our #2 overall pick QB and held him out so we could start Joe Flacco, but it’s all part of my plan. 

<Plan is to give a bunch of scheme-specific 49ers players 30% over market in free agency so Saleh can recreate the defense that was #8 in points allowed one year and a disaster every other year>

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The GM and HC need to work together at this and be on the same page. 

Saleh's job is to install a winning program and win football games.  

The hesitation you would have is Saleh is running a scheme and installing a program that marginalizes a lot of the players that are already here. If he wants a faster MLB, he should bench Mosely. If he has no use for guys like Mims and Becton, they should have traded them instead of driving their value into the ground. I get the whole idea of seeding your culture and letting it grow, but it feels like Saleh thinks he has a lot of time and an open checkbook to get it done. He can’t just coach the players he wants to coach because he thinks he has five years to flip the roster. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who’s developing in that front seven, though?

I’m sure once Woody arrives at the correct uni-combo, we’ll see the wins start to pile-up. As for the front seven. Relax. Rome wasn’t built in a day. It’s a long six year process and we’re just getting started. There’s more to football than winning. In loss we gain humility. Without the Jets to criticize , what would we do? We’d be back to our bag of Funyuns and our Mannix re-runs. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The hesitation you would have is Saleh is running a scheme and installing a program that marginalizes a lot of the players that are already here. If he wants a faster MLB, he should bench Mosely. If he has no use for guys like Mims and Becton, they should have traded them instead of driving their value into the ground. I get the whole idea of seeding your culture and letting it grow, but it feels like Saleh thinks he has a lot of time and an open checkbook to get it done. He can’t just coach the players he wants to coach because he thinks he has five years to flip the roster. 

bro you want to bench mosely? or at least think Saleh should? No, incorrect, just because he might want a faster MLB doenst mena he has one and even if your best players dont exactly fit the scheme you are transitioning to doesnt mean the other guys will do a better job, mosely is best player to run the plays he plays on overall. Skinny version and all.

Mims is just not a good player, not that he has no use for him and Becton is hurt, is this a troll comment I am reacting to? wtf

He is coaching everyone and using what he's got, maybe not perfect but we are supposed to not use mosely cause you dont like the guys? c'mon man. 

• Upvote 1