Saleh: This is the first time this fanbase has experienced something like this. This is an actual plan.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

before my time. obviously you have to pick good players regardless of whether you have a good plan.

exactly.  the jets haven't picked any really good players since 2007.  they've had a smattering of a player here and a player there but they really haven't had any really good drafts until 2020 and this poor drafting was exacerbated by them getting lots of bad players in the first and second rounds.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Drafting the QB in Rex's first year was a no brainer, it had to be done . Honestly I can't remember the other 5 Offensive studs Rex and Tanny drafted to be honest

No studs but some great names.

Sanchez, Shonn Greene, Matt Slauson, Vlad the Impaler, McKnight and the Terminator.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We won 9 games that year (and almost a 10th).  And we almost won the SB the following year.

Youre going to keep repeating yourself and not understand why that team won and mistakingly comparing it to this team

And no, we didnt almost win the SB the next year 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I never get the issue with paying people. Our roster sucks, especially  on defense because we have chosen not to pay people

I agree. I think maybe the issue is just paying outside and not the guys that deserve in on our roster. I mena JFM is weird cause is he one of our guys? idk..but the whole bad drafting made us go down the road of FA and paying those guys big money and not our home grown talent. Its complicated and not just black and white, but I do like that we seem willing and now able to pay our guys...and when we do pay outside for help liek say COrey Davis we ahve escape hatch a year or two down the road. Yet another thing Joe D has done well. 

Carl Lawson it would be interesting to see whatever would have happened if he did not get hurt, cause he got paid to be a centerpiece of the jets and probably would be having an amazing season. He is was the best kind of FA I think. Damn injuries.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre going to keep repeating yourself and not understand why that team won and mistakingly comparing it to this team

Regardless, you're missing my point.  A great HC can make an impact immediately (a la Parcells).  Doesn't mean Saleh can't be good (or even great) but he hasn't shown it so far.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

He's not really listening to anyone's point of view.  He already has an opinion and no one will convince him otherwise.  Trolls like to troll.  His screen name says it all and we really never needed to know anything more.  I do admire your thread content though so keep firing away.  

Watch out or he'll say something witty like accuse you of being Robert Saleh.  

Ouch

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

What you mean even the Lions made the playoffs in 2016 and drafted a franchise quarterback in Mathew Stafford.  They got 6 years on us.  We are a laughing stock even a bigger one than the Detroit freakin lions.   But hey atleast our team has a bunch of nice upstanding citizens on their roster, and a family man at the helm!  So I guess were good  at something just not at football.

(1) They haven't one a playoff game since the early 90s, compared to 2 AFC championships and other playoff wins from us. They had a franchise QB in Stafford who did absolutely nothing for them in the big picture, and eventually they traded him. They're one of 2 teams to go winless in a regular season since the merger, and the other team won a playoff game last year. They are 0-9-1 right now and don't have a remotely good QB. They might have had a good QB, but they were pretty much void of any other talent. The Lions made the playoffs in 2016 with a 10-6 record and lost, and we were 10-6 in 2015 but missed the playoffs. They have had it worse.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Regardless, you're missing my point.  A great HC can make an impact immediately (a la Parcells).  Doesn't mean Saleh can't be good (or even great) but he hasn't shown it so far.

The roster was loaded and held back the year before because Kotite was the worst HC in the history of pathetic HC's.  You cant compare this roster to the one Parcells took over, theyre not comparable.  

I said it 3 posts back, you can win a couple of games with a good staff over a horrible staff.  But we dont know that to be the case with both this roster and with this CS.  Youre just throwing out a cliche without an ounce of proof that a different staff could win more than this staff has

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

So JFM just to be clear in your estimation was not a good signing? Tell me more oh wise one? C'mon man 

I thought it was a great signing at the time. Based on his play since signing, he has potential but doesn't care because he's all but disappeared. So yes. I do think it was a bad signing.

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

(1) They haven't one a playoff game since the early 90s, compared to 2 AFC championships and other playoff wins from us. They had a franchise QB in Stafford who did absolutely nothing for them in the big picture, and eventually they traded him. They're one of 2 teams to go winless in a regular season since the merger, and the other team won a playoff game last year. They are 0-9-1 right now and don't have a remotely good QB. They might have had a good QB, but they were pretty much void of any other talent. The Lions made the playoffs in 2016 with a 10-6 record and lost, and we were 10-6 in 2015 but missed the playoffs. They have had it worse.

The Lions have won ONE playoff game since 1957

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The roster was loaded and held back the year before because Kotite was the worst HC in the history of pathetic HC's.  You cant compare this roster to the one Parcells took over, theyre not comparable.  

I said it 3 posts back, you can win a couple of games with a good staff over a horrible staff.  But we dont know that to be the case with both this roster and with this CS.  Youre just throwing out a cliche without an ounce of proof that a different staff could win more than this staff has

We went from 1 win to 9 wins (and almost 10).  That's not "a couple of games"

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time, its apples to oranges, we're talking two different rosters talent wise and youre talking like everything is equal

So Kotite had a 9 win roster and won 1 game with it?  Uhm, no.

EDIT:

Would your average HC have won 9 games with it the next year?  Highly unlikely.  Maybe 4-5.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So Kotite had a 9 win roster and won 1 game with it?  Uhm, no.

EDIT:

Would your average HC have won 9 games with it the next year?  Highly unlikely.  Maybe 4-5.

Man this is like we're speaking two different languages, you just dont get that the Parcells Jets were a team that was coached down to 1 win the year before by Kotite and Parcells added a lot of players to the team.   This team is loaded with 1st and 2nd year players.  

• Upvote 1

Man this is like we're speaking two different languages, you just dont get that the Parcells Jets were a team that was coached down to 1 win the year before by Kotite and Parcells added a lot of players to the team.   This team is loaded with 1st and 2nd year players.  

How about Saleh try not getting blown out on a regular basis?  You think THAT would’ve happened to Parcells, even with this team?

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How about Saleh try not getting blown out on a regular basis?  You think THAT would’ve happened to Parcells, even with this team?

You really are just thick headed and will argue until someone dies 

Guess you forgot 8-8 when dense headed Parcells stuck with Mirer and pissed the season away.  Masterful job.   Or how he went 3-12-1 with his first Giants team, that was 4-5 the year before? The  5-11 with his first NE team?  6-10 with his first Dallas team, that went 10-6 the year before?  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Heard it but I never fully bought that story

Now if that's a fact, tell me, am I lying? 

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- There's a new Brett in Eric Mangini's life.

Zack Brett Mangini was born early Friday -- also Brett Favre's 39th birthday -- and the New York Jets coach and his wife, Julie, gave their third son a middle name fit for an iconic, gunslinging quarterback.

Eric Mangini told Brett Favre he would name his third son after him if he signed with the Jets. Al Pereira/Getty Images

"I think he thinks it's pretty cool," Mangini said of Favre. "I think the more interesting, ironic, I don't know what word you'd use, is the fact he was born on Brett's birthday."

The newest member of the Mangini family was born at 7:43 a.m., weighing in at 7 pounds and 13 ounces and was 20 inches long with "very, very healthy lungs." A beaming Mangini, wearing a hospital bracelet around his left wrist, said the baby and his wife were "happy, healthy, so we're all excited."

Mangini committed to using the middle name, Brett, when he and the Jets were trying to get Favre to come to New York in the summer.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3636994

• Upvote 1

You really are just thick headed and will argue until someone dies 

Guess you forgot 8-8 when dense headed Parcells stuck with Mirer and pissed the season away.  Masterful job.   Or how he went 3-12-1 with his first Giants team, that was 4-5 the year before? The  5-11 with his first NE team?  6-10 with his first Dallas team, that went 10-6 the year before?  

I’m thick headed?   The 8-8 season he had here was one of his best seasons coaching ever.   He was winning with Ray Lucas as his starting QB and you’re upset he gave up on Mirer too soon?!

Maybe his W/L wasn’t  great some seasons (like the 3-12-1 year) but he always had his teams playing tough football and competing.

Meanwhile, how many times has this team been completely outclassed this year?  

That’s not to say Saleh can’t be good.  It’s just that the early returns are not great  

I agree. I think maybe the issue is just paying outside and not the guys that deserve in on our roster. I mena JFM is weird cause is he one of our guys? idk..but the whole bad drafting made us go down the road of FA and paying those guys big money and not our home grown talent. Its complicated and not just black and white, but I do like that we seem willing and now able to pay our guys...and when we do pay outside for help liek say COrey Davis we ahve escape hatch a year or two down the road. Yet another thing Joe D has done well. 

Carl Lawson it would be interesting to see whatever would have happened if he did not get hurt, cause he got paid to be a centerpiece of the jets and probably would be having an amazing season. He is was the best kind of FA I think. Damn injuries.

I get it, he had a lot of pressures, but fact remains he had 11 sacks over 3 years. Carl Lawson was the defensive equivalent of Corey Davis, a 2nd tier player with some nice talent but he’d be killed here because everyone would expect him to be Khalil Mack. Nothing about Lawson, injured or not, should ever preclude us from trying to secure a true top tier pass rusher

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

On 11/22/2021 at 4:53 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh touched on a lot of big picture, rebuild stuff in todays press conference - a really good listen.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/robert-saleh-press-conference-11-22-week-12

These guys are laying a foundation for the future and doing things the right way. I'm wholly convinced Saleh and JD are going to turn this around.  

"Baghdad Robert"

17 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I get it, he had a lot of pressures, but fact remains he had 11 sacks over 3 years. Carl Lawson was the defensive equivalent of Corey Davis, a 2nd tier player with some nice talent but he’d be killed here because everyone would expect him to be Khalil Mack. Nothing about Lawson, injured or not, should ever preclude us from trying to secure a true top tier pass rusher

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree with you ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Does he still run the stadium stars??? I’d be embarrassed to show up if I were him.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3