Saleh: This is the first time this fanbase has experienced something like this. This is an actual plan.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh touched on a lot of big picture, rebuild stuff in todays press conference - a really good listen.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/robert-saleh-press-conference-11-22-week-12

These guys are laying a foundation for the future and doing things the right way. I'm wholly convinced Saleh and JD are going to turn this around.  

If they speak it..  it must be true....   does this plan insert confident legit NFL coaches as well?   Or does the plan work within the crap coaching staff currently in place?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have been saying this since hes been hired.  This is a slow, build through the draft process that will lead to long term success.  Joe and Robert have nailed it out of the park so far.

We are the next Patriots, Steelers and Ravens.  We will have one of the best teams in the league year and and year out.

Starting in 2027 ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The hesitation you would have is Saleh is running a scheme and installing a program that marginalizes a lot of the players that are already here. If he wants a faster MLB, he should bench Mosely. If he has no use for guys like Mims and Becton, they should have traded them instead of driving their value into the ground. I get the whole idea of seeding your culture and letting it grow, but it feels like Saleh thinks he has a lot of time and an open checkbook to get it done. He can’t just coach the players he wants to coach because he thinks he has five years to flip the roster. 

Quincy Williams has been playing MLB. CJ has been mostly playing SLB/WLB due to his coverage ability. The problem is this team has very little talent on D. And in this scheme not having a pure nose tackle and a SS that can cover and tackle is the downfall with the amount of cover 3 they play. That's why team can line up in a power formation and run all over us like Indy and NE did. 

• Upvote 2

I think it is somewhat short sighted saying “we haven’t seen it”. We have seen the start of many rebuilds and perhaps we know when it starts going sideways earlier than a first time head coach.

I knew this would be a tough year. New coaches (systems), new QB and tons of rookies.

Problem 1 not having a vet QB to start the season. I cannot believe that you don’t have a throw away vet to start the season.

Problem 2a you have a rookie QB with talent however not realizing he is not ready to start the season.

2B have an offensive line and Wrs learning a new system with new players. We knew they’d make mistakes and Zach paid the price.

3. Trade for a vet we had last year to “find out about the other players”. That should have been early in the season not week 11.

I am not writing Saleh off but the missteps and yes the missteps by Saleh and JD made are obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Imagine going into a new job and saying it's okay that I am terrible, I have a plan to be good in a few years. Just trust me and keep me on. You'll see.

Um, this happens all the time in corporate America.  U bring in new management, the evaluate current employees for a set amount of time and then make changes, bring in new people to get the numbers to go up.

The board has just become “Say anything negative about the jets no matter how dumb it sounds.”  I mean, u literally said “imagine something happens” that actually happens all the time.  

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have been saying this since hes been hired.  This is a slow, build through the draft process that will lead to long term success.  Joe and Robert have nailed it out of the park so far.

We are the next Patriots, Steelers and Ravens.  We will have one of the best teams in the league year and and year out.

How have Joe and Saleh "nailed it out of the park so far?"

I like the Saleh hire. And I think we need to be patient. But what makes you think this is it, we're building the right way this time? I'm genuinely interested.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

How have Joe and Saleh "nailed it out of the park so far?"

I like the Saleh hire. And I think we need to be patient. But what makes you think this is it, we're building the right way this time? I'm genuinely interested.

Saleh is Bowles 2.0

• Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Um, this happens all the time in corporate America.  U bring in new management, the evaluate current employees for a set amount of time and then make changes, bring in new people to get the numbers to go up.

The board has just become “Say anything negative about the jets no matter how dumb it sounds.”  I mean, u literally said “imagine something happens” that actually happens all the time.  

This is a stupid analogy but I'll play along.

If after in year 3 the company is doing worse and the numbers have gone down, because of the people that were let go and brought in. That person who made the changes would be fired. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If after in year 3 the company is doing worse, because of the people that were let go and brought in. That person who made the changes would be fired. 

It hasnt been 3 years.  Joe was given 2 years to see if  gase/darnold was salvageable and it wasnt.  Woody and Joe then decided to start over.  The reset button was hit in January.

How can people not grasp this.  Its mind boggling.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It hasnt been 3 years.  Joe was given 2 years to see if  gase/darnold and it wasnt salvageable and it wasnt.  Woody and Joe then decided to start over.  The reset button was hit in January.

He is literally in year 3 of his contract.

Nothing you say changes that.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It hasnt been 3 years.  Joe was given 2 years to see if  gase/darnold and it wasnt salvageable and it wasnt.  Woody and Joe then decided to start over.  The reset button was hit in January.

JD has had 2 full offseasons and if we don’t win another game this season which is a possibility he would have a 4-29 record as GM

Blame Darnold all u want

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'm 100% positive some posters here would allow Joe Douglas to spit in their mouth and let him tell them its champagne and swallow it.

There were Macc defenders to the bitter end, also. Some people just always go down with the ship. It’s how they are. They want to believe.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Ok but his first year he was brought in after free agency and the draft. Why pretend like he's had 3 offseasons to mold the team?

Because it conveniently makes it sound much worse. 

Douglas has had two off-seasons to build the team, so far. We should all be able to agree on that. 

20 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If after in year 3 the company is doing worse and the numbers have gone down, because of the people that were let go and brought in. That person who made the changes would be fired. 

I agree and I am done giving JD passes. He can't even get the kicker right, why should we trust him with anything else. His FA signing have been an unmitigated disaster.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Bullsh*t comment. I know he didn’t intend it to be, but it’s condescending to imply to long-time suffering fans that we “just don’t understand”. 

The snobs said the same thing 4 years ago when Macagnan obviously had no clue.  It was a “true rebuild”

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He is literally in year 3 of his contract.

Nothing you say changes that.

Operative words there are HE IS IN YEAR THREE OF CONTRACT THAT DOESNT MEAN HE IS HERE THREE YEARS. AS THREE YEARS EQUALS 36 MONTHS. HE IS NOT HERE 36 months as yet