Carter and Moore

doitny

I am confused.  Douglas has done pretty well with the trades, but I am pretty sure that Moore and Carter were selected with the Jets original 2nd and 4th.  AVT, was a trade up.  Carter II came from the Giants for Leonard Williams.  Pinnock and Marshall came from the Chiefs in a swap of our 5th and 6th for a worse 5th and better 6th.  Echols came in some deal with the Raiders and Nasrildeen was our pick that we traded to the Pats for Demaryius and got back in that 3rd round trade down with the Pats last year.

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Carry on then. Being positive about something would throw you off balance. 

Other than Carter and Moore's  last game, there hasn't  been a whole lot to be that about. Moore and Carter look like solid players. There, said something positive. Hopefully that continues  when Zach plays. 

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Other than Carter and Moore's  last game, there hasn't  been a whole lot to be that about. Moore and Carter look like solid players. There, said something positive. Hopefully that continues  when Zach plays. 

Bryce Hall has earned the right to be called a number 1 corner. Michael Carter II is quietly playing lights out at slot CB. Echols was playing well before he got hurt. He is going to be quality depth and a spot starter at the very least. AVT hasn't been flawless, but he is showing signs of elite guard play. Quincy Williams is going to be a force if he stays consistent. Bryce Huff was playing well before he got hurt. JFM has disappeared from the sack stat line but he has actually been putting pressure on the QB. 

I agree about the rest of the team. Not much to be positive about. If Zach develops, the rest is only going to be icing on the cake. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Bryce Hall has earned the right to be called a number 1 corner. Michael Carter II is quietly playing lights out at slot CB. Echols was playing well before he got hurt. He is going to be quality depth and a spot starter at the very least. AVT hasn't been flawless, but he is showing signs of elite guard play. Quincy Williams is going to be a force if he stays consistent. Bryce Huff was playing well before he got hurt. JFM has disappeared from the sack stat line but he has actually been putting pressure on the QB. 

I agree about the rest of the team. Not much to be positive about. If Zach develops, the rest is only going to be icing on the cake. 

With the way the defense has been getting pummeled,  I don't  know how you can give anyone any sort of accolades but ok. Agree on AVT as of late. He definitely  has been awe inspiring  on some plays

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

With the way the defense has been getting pummeled,  I don't  know how you can give anyone any sort of accolades but ok. Agree on AVT as of late. He definitely  has been awe inspiring  on some plays

I forgot. When Isaiah Dunn is getting torched, that is the fault of Carter II, Echols, Hall, Huff, and Quincy. 

14 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I forgot. When Isaiah Dunn is getting torched, that is the fault of Carter II, Echols, Hall, Huff, and Quincy. 

The Bills were throwing balls 20 yards over Echols head.....slow down with the Revis like comparisions in this secondary.....

They dont get takeaways and get burned alot

22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, you have to go back pretty far to compare him to a Jets GM that isn't one of the worst GMs in history.

Probably because all of Tanny's good picks have been accredited to Mangini who overseen those drafts while Tanny was locked in the trunk of his car. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Do I need to name ALL of the players not named Hall, Huff, Carter II, Echols, and Quincy? I can if you want, but I don't think you want that.

What I think is you are giving these players too much credit for just not sucking like the rest of the D. I know it sounds douche but I mean DE are paid to get sacks. Huff has 2 sacks and one is 2 half sacks. Does Carter, Hall or Echols have any picks? I doubt any of them are getting the Revis treatment where QB just don't challenge them. Quincy Williams looks very active and might be the best of the bunch. I like him and I think he might develop but he isn't  winning any games for us. Yeah, I know, they were all flyers who made the team and might develop. It amazes me that so many buy this hype the same way they bought Saleh was the next great HC and Zach was the next Mahomes. Sorry but I am one of those jaded Jets fans that will believe when he sees it. I am tired of getting excited about hope. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

What I think is you are giving these players too much credit for just not sucking like the rest of the D. I know it sounds douche but I mean DE are paid to get sacks. Huff has 2 sacks and one is 2 half sacks. Does Carter, Hall or Echols have any picks? I doubt any of them are getting the Revis treatment where QB just don't challenge them. Quincy Williams looks very active and might be the best of the bunch. I like him and I think he might develop but he isn't  winning any games for us. Yeah, I know, they were all flyers who made the team and might develop. It amazes me that so many buy this hype the same way they bought Saleh was the next great HC and Zach was the next Mahomes. Sorry but I am one of those jaded Jets fans that will believe when he sees it. I am tired of getting excited about hope. 

I don't want to get into a pissing match over this. As for Bryce Huff, he has two sacks in 6 games. Really 5 games because he got hurt early in the game vs the Pats. For a guy who was supposed to be a rotational player behind Carl Lawson, 2 sacks in 5 games is pretty pretty pretty good. Even better when you realize that this guy was a UDFA.