We MUST beat the Texans

kevinc855

Ok, its week 12, enough, its the back end of the season, progress please. We need to get some W's and it will be hard to make an excuse up for losing against the lowly Texans. 

This to me is a HUGE game heading into December. Jets must end the season on a positive note. Losing to the Texans will just be inexcusable in my mind. 

Your thoughts and expectations for Jets Texans? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok, its week 12, enough, its the back end of the season, progress please. We need to get some W's and it will be hard to make an excuse up for losing against the lowly Texans. 

This to me is a HUGE game heading into December. Jets must end the season on a positive note. Losing to the Texans will just be inexcusable in my mind. 

They just beat Tennessee. We play them on the road. We may be worse than the lions. Try not to get your panties in a bunch if we lose. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I expect Wilson to play.

I think, if he is what his fans say he is, he should excel vs. the Texans lowly bottom-part-of-the-NFL Defense.

Apart from that, there are no "musts" when you are at 2-8 in a year the Organization is clearly seeing as a tear-down mulligan for both GM, Head Coach and #2 Draft Pick QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I think they beat the Texans and zach looks better. Now if they come out flat against the eagles at home then back to square one.

Actually, with a young and building team, there are ups and downs. Consistency is the hardest thing to learn - I would expect ups and downs next year too, but hopefully a better trajectory and less swing.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

WELL....

We are 2-8.  They are 2-8.  We beat the Titans.  They beat the Titans.  We lost a game by 41.  They lost a game by 40.

So...this has become a game of two of the worst franchises facing off so that, if we DON'T win, it will mean....what?  Should more people be fired?  Just kinda feels like a narrative.  :)

If we can't find ways of laughing about this season, the nay-sayers are going to murder the peppy-postivers, and vice-versa.  Then there will be no Jets fans left to cheer when we start winning.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Why "must" the Jets beat the Texans?  Texans are about the equivalent with better coaching.

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

The Jets are not good enough to ever expect a win.  Especially on the road.  The Texans are not good enough that we should expect to lose.  Therefore, I subscribe to the @Jetluv58 theory that we might win.  Or we might lose.  Heck, we might even tie.

I will be spending this weekend in Houston with my son.  Not going to sweat the game too much.  I hope they win, but if not, so be it.  I am not going to let it ruin my weekend.

Agreed. 

I personally have to see this team play a competitive game on the road before I can come anywhere close to expecting a win. I'm predicting a loss, but wouldn't be shocked by any outcome. 

• Upvote 1

I think people keep getting disappointed & making these “sky is falling” threads because this is their mindset every week before Sunday. Enjoy the individual progression of our youngesters, enjoy the offensive coordinator finally catching on week after week. Enjoy Hall, MC2 & Quincy. Sure would be nice to see the team win, but, that, statistically, says it won’t happen much at all.

Sure we’ve reached the backend of the schedule, sure, it’s lesser opponents, but WE are also lesser opponents. lesser as in bottom 3 worst in the league… how is that slipping peoples minds when they go into Sunday’s? 

enjoy what’s going good, hope for the win, we don’t get it? Fine. It is what it is. It’s a lost season anyways… the stuff in between is what matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I think they beat the Texans and zach looks better. Now if they come out flat against the eagles at home then back to square one.

and thats probably whats going to happen. our defense is still bad. if was just Miamis offense wasnt good either.

eagles will light us up.

i think we could win. but im not demanding anything

but nothing is going to change my feeling on this team right now.

you guys bitch and complain every day but tell me..

when was the last time we draft 3 bona fide starters who could be all pros.... on offense none the less. 

add MC2 and thats some hell of a draft.

i keep looking at our draft history and i cant come up with one that had me this excited in week 10. 

so there are no must wins this year. next year is a must win season. but i would still like to win to help Wilson get his confidence up.

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

i think we could win. but im not demanding anything

but nothing is going to change my feeling on this team right now.

you guys bitch and complain every day but tell me..

when was the last time we draft 3 bona fide starters who could be all pros.... on offense none the less. 

add MC2 and thats some hell of a draft.

i keep looking at our draft history and i cant come up with one that had me this excited in week 10. 

so there are no must wins this year. next year is a must win season. but i would still like to win to help Wilson get his confidence up.

I'm with you on this.  We had a good draft. Now all we need is that QB to pan out to make it whole.

• Upvote 2

Reading this thread shows how battered and abused Jet fans are. Winning no longer matters. Any morsel of something good they can hold on to they clutch, even if its one guy out of 22 starters they cheer as if the franchise will turn around because of it. 

The blindness is amazing 

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Reading this thread shows how battered and abused Jet fans are. Winning no longer matters. Any morsel of something good they can hold on to they clutch, even if its one guy out of 22 starters they cheer as if the franchise will turn around because of it. 

The blindness is amazing 

There is a difference between - winning matters and a must win.  2-8 teams dont have must win games.  I'm sure everyone here would prefer if we won but I think everyone understands the reality is, it doesnt matter either way.

• Upvote 3