We MUST beat the Texans

kevinc855

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Reading this thread shows how battered and abused Jet fans are. Winning no longer matters. Any morsel of something good they can hold on to they clutch, even if its one guy out of 22 starters they cheer as if the franchise will turn around because of it. 

The blindness is amazing 

blindness is amazing.

but maybe we should fire everyone cause the wins arent coming yet in Salehs 1st season.

while maybe JD just gave us the best draft in Jets history.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

A win would he nice.

I’m hoping Zach has a good game and our young guys continue to shine. I want to see Zach play within the offense and not revert back to his hero ball tendencies. 

"Will rookie quarterback Zach Wilson be under center on Sunday at Houston?

The answer from head coach Robert Saleh: Tune in Wednesday.

"Zach had a good workout yesterday..." 

I'll stop there. Look familiar?

Hope it isn't like last time a coach on the Jets said something like this

39 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Wasn't last year the tear down year, and 2019 as well?

Yes, to come degree.

39 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So this is a tear down as well? lmao....you guys crack me up

Yes.

-------

I'm curious, what actual difference does this odd definitional issue "tear down year vs. non-tear down year" actually make?

We're 2-8 and going nowhere in 2021, clearly.  We're playing the youngest team with the most playing rookies in the NFL.

Clearly, the Jets Organization sees 2021 as a some form of restructure/rebuilding year, with a new Coaching staff, a new QB and no real spending spree in FA.  They've said as much, that this year is disappointing, but part of a plan for future something (TBD if that plan will actually work, of course).   

Note:  Just saying that does not excuse the Jets of not competing.

So knowing that, what difference does it make if, under the Gase regime, 2020 and 2019 was also a similar effort, under a different Head Coach, with alot more power at the time, to rebuild/restructure from the horrid tail end of the Bowles era?

Bad teams rebuild for multiple years, especially when they change GM's one year, and Coaching staff's and QB's another.  

It's safe to say JD was somewhat limited under the previous "Gase is his equal" two headed system under the Johnsons, but presumably was trying to rebuild the team in his image, especially in the 2020 draft and offseason.

So 2021, with a new Head Coach, Staff and rookie QB, would seem to clearly also fall into "restructure/rebuild" given the lack of design decisions to try and win a title this year.  

I guess I am just confused what you want to hear at this point.  Would you feel better is we all said it 100% wasn't a rebuilding year in any way, that it was a die-hard-trying-to-win-the-Super-Bowl year?  Would that change something? 

It certainly won't change the Organization, so what are you trying to do here exactly?  Help me understand.

• Upvote 1

He's just the kind of slippery QB that will probably be covered sometime soon in Saleh's plan for the defense in 5 years.
Funny you say that, and I tend to agree, but... was it 2 years ago against the browns where we had taylor and he looked horrible then replaced by Mayfield in that game and well the rest is history

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm curious, what actual difference does this odd definitional issue "tear down year vs. non-tear down year" actually make?

It means a year where you are actually adding pieces trying to win football games, vs sending the talent off for draft picks, money considerations etc 

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bad teams rebuild for multiple years

How many, whats the number? 2 years, 3 years, 4 years? It seems never ending 

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's safe to say JD was somewhat limited under the previous "Gase is his equal" two headed system under the Johnsons

Don't buy this for a second. JD was calling the shots in 20. He completely stripped that roster to the bones last year. No HC in their right mind knew they could win or would want that roster. This was JD's tear down year at Gase's expense. 

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I guess I am just confused what you want to hear at this point.

The Jets are now trying to win games. Super Bowl this year? No. But still in this historically bad mode? No as well. I would like to see progess. Elijiah Moore having a nice game after being non existent in September is nice, but I want to see the overall body of work improve. We could of and should of beat the Dolphins, that is progress. I would also like to see Zach Wilson not suck so badly. We will find that out maybe starting in Houston. 

I don't know why asking for competence and more then 2-3 win seasons is asking alot. 

This might be the only team in the league that is less talented than us, top to bottom.  They have a couple random okish players, but for the most part, its a whole lot of JAGs and terrible players.

If we struggle against this lvl of opponent, then honestly we deserve everything coming our way.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

It means a year where you are actually adding pieces trying to win football games, vs sending the talent off for draft picks, money considerations etc 

The Jets did both. 

We added a WR our GM believed would fill the #1 role (Davis) and an edge that our GM believed would fill the #1 passrusher role (Lawson). 

But clearly the roster management this year was primarily about a youth-movement.

How many, whats the number? 2 years, 3 years, 4 years? It seems never ending 

Yes, it seems never ending.  But again, what expectation or demand are you expressing based on that point?

JD doesn't own 4 years ago.  Saleh doesn't own last year or 2019.  They do not have a DeLorean and they cannot go back in time to save those previous seasons.

JD owns 2.5 seasons of offseason, two of which were under a Coach he inherited.  The fact we still suck is an indictment on his ability to change things so far.  The only question is what Fans should think about the future under JD.

Saleh owns this year and this year alone.  The D is 32/32, and we're 2-8.  He'll still likely get 2022.

Don't buy this for a second. JD was calling the shots in 20. He completely stripped that roster to the bones last year. No HC in their right mind knew they could win or would want that roster. This was JD's tear down year at Gase's expense.

You're entitled to your opinion. The facts are what they are, JD was hired in a co-equal role with a Head Coach who was also the acting  GM.

Lets say you're right, and JD was the source of every move and made them without any Gase involvement.

Again, what expectation do you have re: this point?  Because you seem to want people to do or say something we're not, given the nature of your posts to-date and your attacking posters for not....what, being more mad?  Stopping watching?  Burning their tickets?

The Jets are now trying to win games. Super Bowl this year? No. But still in this historically bad mode? No as well. I would like to see progess. Elijiah Moore having a nice game after being non existent in September is nice, but I want to see the overall body of work improve. We could of and should of beat the Dolphins, that is progress. I would also like to see Zach Wilson not suck so badly. We will find that out maybe starting in Houston. 

We all want to see those things.  What does this have to do with "tear down year" or not?

I don't know why asking for competence and more then 2-3 win seasons is asking alot. 

It's not.  

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I don't know why asking for competence and more then 2-3 win seasons is asking alot. 

I don’t agree that this is a “must win” game, no game is a must win for a 2-8 team. I do agree with this sentiment though. I’d like to work for some of these Jets franchise defenders.. must be a really, really low bar.

What’s the expectation next year? 5 wins? Playoffs? Will 4 wins be acceptable as “progress”?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Reading this thread shows how battered and abused Jet fans are. Winning no longer matters. Any morsel of something good they can hold on to they clutch, even if its one guy out of 22 starters they cheer as if the franchise will turn around because of it. 

The blindness is amazing 

No it shows that you still dont get that this years is about gaining experience and showing improvement, not necessarily getting wins

The blindness is amazing 

Tyrod Taylor is 2-2 this season. One of those loses includes a game he had to exit vs the Browns. Prior to going down he was 10 for 11, 125 yards, 1 TD, 0 Ints againt those Browns. 

Davis Mills is 0-6 and can basically be ruled as 0-7 for blowing the game he stepped into.

Taylor will provide that team with competent play at QB which against this defense can equate to a golden fantasy stat line.

Come December 12th, they'll beat the Hawks as well.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats it, book the win

I suggest you visit the thread on the last game the jets played when the op said he bet on the jets -I told him the only way to do it was to bet the jets on a 7+ teaser and then use the 9ers as the other team. I was spot on just like I will be with the jets losing this game

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Tyrod Taylor is 2-2 this season. One of those loses includes a game he had to exit vs the Browns. Prior to going down he was 10 for 11, 125 yards, 1 TD, 0 Ints againt those Browns. 

Davis Mills is 0-6 and can basically be ruled as 0-7 for blowing the game he stepped into.

Taylor will provide that team with competent play at QB which against this defense can equate to a golden fantasy stat line.

Come December 12th, they'll beat the Hawks as well.

Tyrod is the most snake bit QB in the NFL.  Always loved his game and wished he had found his way on the Jets.  But he can't stay on the field.  I'm stunned he survived last week's head first dive for a TD.  Thought the guy holding his leg as he was airborne would end his season.  He's talented enough to beat us.

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I suggest you visit the thread on the last game the jets played when the op said he bet on the jets -I told him the only way to do it was to bet the jets on a 7+ teaser and then use the 9ers as the other team. I was spot on just like I will be with the jets losing this game

I worked at OTB back in my college days and cant tell you how many horse gamblers would tell me about all their winners.  

Most looked homeless

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Houston D picked off Tannehill four times last week.   If Zack starts, they might put up a baker's dozen.  Either way, I think we lose.

Because he had that bad game vs the Pats

When he went out with the knee Mahomes was leading the league in TOs, would you therefore expect him to throw a bakers dozen vs the Texans if they were meeting this Sunday?  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I worked at OTB back in my college days and cant tell you how many horse gamblers would tell me about all their winners.  

Most looked homeless

horse gambling is a suckers bet unless u know where the fix is 

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

horse gambling is a suckers bet unless u know where the fix is 

Whats the difference?  Youre guessing which horse will win, you can just as easily guess the winning horse with or without a fix.  The suckers are those who think they can figure out who will win 

As someone who used to get "inside info" there weren't and sure thing, guaranteed, cant lose fixes.  Just solid inside info that improved your odds of winning

3 hours ago, undertow said:

I've never seen so much excitement about drafting a few good players. lol  Talk about a low bar.

Yeah how dare fans get excited over young players. That is definitely more annoying than the negativity that dominates this board.