OC Garrett fired. Mid season.

Dcat

This is Joe Judge's second year... ominous sign. Push your chips in now - the Giants will have a new GM in January and in all likelihood, a new head coach - whether it be this season or next. The Giants will likely force Judge on the new GM only for Judge to get fired the following year to hire 'their guy'.

Quarterback is a different story. I would say they draft a QB but there is no prospect worth drafting in the first. I think they stick with Jones for another year and maybe take one in the top 5 in 2023. You know Jones will be out, it's just a matter of time.

The Giants make the Jets look good.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 3

Just now, LSJF said:

When Gettleman gets canned after the season, do they fire Judge or do the hire a GM with the coach in place?

The Jets would keep Judge in that scenario. I would guess the Giants are smart enough to know that the new GM will want to bring in their own guy and not keep the guy that is behind back to back awful seasons (and no real resume to suggest the last 2 years are a fluke) 

6 minutes ago, LSJF said:

When Gettleman gets canned after the season, do they fire Judge or do the hire a GM with the coach in place?

Think it depends on how the next 7 play out. If the Giants only scrape 3 or less wins to finish 6-11 5-12 i say hes done. If they can string some wins at the end may be he stays. 

• Upvote 2

they don't have to "fire" LaFleur.  Just assign him to some other job for the time being.  You're all to forgiving of his stubborn little scripted B.S. which directly led to Zach failing for thfirst half of his rookie season. He has that arrogant mindset I think and will be reluctant to deviate from whatever his little plan is to what could actually work best for the players we have.  If you trust him, then be my guest.  I don't.  We'll  see what he has Wilson doing soon enough.  

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Danielle Jones and Saquon Barkley picks warrant Gettlemans head on a stick. He picked those guys with the #2 & #6 picks back to back years. 

This is the closest comp to Jones that you can find.CD8EFFCE-056D-4733-B50B-93FFEE836AE8.thumb.jpeg.bd5d1058472b9ffd6f8048c8784d76af.jpeg

At least he didn't draft a safety in the first round while having a near 40 year old journeyman at QB. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Journeyman 3rd stringer Josh Johnson came off the bench to throw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in this scheme.  Mike White, who had never played an NFL snap before, had the first 400+ yard game by a Jet QB in 21 years.

But yeah.  It's the OC that's the problem with this team and has been for decades.  Paul Hackett, Mike Heimerdinger, Brian Schottenheimer, Chan Gailey, Jeremy Bates, Mike Lafleur....It's always the OC that's the biggest problem with this franchise, isn't it?  Once you get rid of the OC everything will get better guys!

We haven't sniffed the playoffs since Shotty was canned.  

Good for them but seeing what our offense has done with competent QB play give LaFleur another year at least. It looks like the early struggles were mostly caused by Zach being a bad rookie...and that's a good thing.  The worst case scenario for this team would be Wilson being bad AND LaFleur being bad. At least now the only thing we need to fix is Zach and he gets to go into next year running the same system. It would have been horrible to pull a Darnold and make him learn a new system in year 2 if we were forced to fire our OC. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What should be done, exactly?

I believe that LaFleur is the biggest mistake of the present regime and he has to be replaced.  I know.  Not happening.  Good buddy of Saleh.  He sucks. Not ready for this job really.  Although some say the recent improvement and move up to the booth change all that.  Yeah. Sure it does. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Ya see.... it can be done. And should be done.

Agreed, but I am glad that the Jets didn't give up on LaFleur. He settled in as OC once he got into the booth. He made Flacco look respectable. We were about to go up 14-7, but someone let Brandon Jones have a free shot at Flacco. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I believe that LaFleur is the biggest mistake of the present regime and he has to be replaced.  I know.  Not happening.

You're correct, it's not happening.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Good buddy of Saleh.  He sucks. Not ready for this job really.

I'm not sure I would agree.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I believe that LaFleur is the biggest mistake of the present regime and he has to be replaced.  I know.  Not happening.  Good buddy of Saleh.  He sucks. Not ready for this job really.  Although some say the recent improvement and move up to the booth change all that.  Yeah. Sure it does. 

LaFleur is towards the very bottom of why the Jets are 2-8. When Zach Wilson was skipping passes to WIDE OPEN receivers, I'm certain that Mike LaFleur didn't call for passes that left a divot in front of the receiver's feet. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Journeyman 3rd stringer Josh Johnson came off the bench to throw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in this scheme.  Mike White, who had never played an NFL snap before, had the first 400+ yard game by a Jet QB in 21 years.

But yeah.  It's the OC that's the problem with this team and has been for decades.  Paul Hackett, Mike Heimerdinger, Brian Schottenheimer, Tony Sparano, Marty Mornhinweg, Chan Gailey, Jeremy Bates, Gase/Loggains, Mike Lafleur....It's always the OC that's the biggest problem with this franchise, isn't it?  Once you get rid of the OC everything will get better guys!

LaFleur has totally turned it around since he stated he hds to re-evaluate things and then went into the booth to call plays.  He has done a very good job for about the last 5 or 6 weeks.

The guy that needs to go is Ulbrick.  The D sucks, has not improved and has not made any meaningful adjustments.

• Upvote 1