Interesting Observation - Jets Offense

Warfish

3 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

How long since Wilson played last? He won’t come out blazing. Will have to re-acclimate. 

Presumably he has been practicing, right?

If he isn't ready to play, he probably shouldn't play.

If he is in fact playing, I can only presume he has practiced, and is ready.

I think Zach was also "lucky" to be the starter while the o-line and everyone else were coming together and figuring things out contributing to the poor start on O this season. I think people are quick to forget how little the o-line was blocking initially aside from times when Zach may have held the ball too long or bailed on the pocket early. The o-line was a sieve as they often are in the beginning when you start swapping guys in and out.

I'm new here but I'm seeing a lot of Wilson hate. I understand he's has been mostly poor in his 5+ games but I'm hoping he gets a chance to learn the NFL game. I do understand that the Jets fanbase is pretty beat down. We went from Sanchez, who got 4 years or so, to Darnold who got 3 and now to Wilson who apparently gets 5 games. I also realize that there are poster that think they are GM and/or scout material but for whatever reason they never realized a career in the NFL. I'm pulling for you guys!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sanchez got four years because his first two years had 4 playoff wins (most in franchise history)

Darnold got three because he was hurt/mono his second year, but it was apparent after two he didn’t have it.

Wilson gets 2 but I think by years end we will know if he is worth it or not. Definitely by week 4 next year we will know.

The time of giving QBS years of starting time to work out is gone. You will know if they can play almost immediately

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He also had 4 more weeks of learning the offense, seeing how other qbs execute it, and weeks of game film to review and analyse.

If he plays he should be better if he’s ever going to be better

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

If he fails, the excuses will make Jesus look unmerciful.

He's still the only rookie of the bunch so there should be a bit more rope but yeah... It's gonna be ugly if he comes in and throws a 114 2 INT day against the Texans

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, funaz said:

Sanchez got four years because his first two years had 4 playoff wins (most in franchise history)

Darnold got three because he was hurt/mono his second year, but it was apparent after two he didn’t have it.

Wilson gets 2 but I think by years end we will know if he is worth it or not. Definitely by week 4 next year we will know.

The time of giving QBS years of starting time to work out is gone. You will know if they can play almost immediately

Guess Mike White’s toast. 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

He's still the only rookie of the bunch so there should be a bit more rope but yeah... It's gonna be ugly if he comes in and throws a 114 2 INT day against the Texans

I choose to hope for the best. Couple weeks from the sideline certainty couldn't have hurt. He is the last ranked QB in the NFL in QBR.

3 hours ago, funaz said:

I hope the Jets give him a couple seasons. But if we don't see a marked improvement the finish the season, that should inform how JD addresses the QB2 going into next year. Nothing wrong with a borderline starter-level talent in the room next year (e.g. Gardner Minshew).

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wilson has been a full go in practice since last Friday.

Hope he is effective on Sunday, or it’s going to get ugly. 

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wilson has been a full go in practice since last Friday.

Hope he is effective on Sunday, or it’s going to get ugly. 

I'd just like to see a mental change in Zach. Anything can happen over one game but I would like to see him play a little more within himself and take what the defense gives. I said weeks ago that the Jets should devise a game plan with the goal of getting Zach's completion percentage up. That's what I hope to see.

• Upvote 1

Zach takes some blame for sure but if you guys dont think the play calling change then i dont know what you were watching all year.
doesnt anyone remember Whites 1st game where he got 5 straight passes to start the game. the 1st drive had 7 passes to 3 runs and a lateral pass. i dont think we seen a lateral pass before that.
when zack was playing?
vs NE the week before  was...run....run...pass...punt..
vs ATL .......run.... scrabble for 3 yds...pass...
vs Tenn......  run.... run... pass
vs Den ....PASS (cant believe a pass was the first call and went for a 1st down ) but then.... run..run...pass...
vs NE.... run....pass (INT) 
vs Car....run.... pass..run...run...pass ...pass..
5 out of 6 games the 1st call was a run. 
now after Wilson
vs Cin... 5 straight passes..2 runs...2 passes... lateral ..run...
vs Indy... 4 straight passes...run... pass..
vs Buffalo.... 3 straight passes.
vs Mia....run...3 straight passes..... run...pass.....
so please dont tell me the play calling was the same. 

The play calling changed because a QB who understood the plays was on the field. You can’t open the vault to Zach if he doesn’t understand the purpose of the play and how it works against different defenses.

• Sympathy 1