Steelers Cut QB James Morgan.

jetsrule128

23 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

For such a terrible pick there seems to be interest from NFL teams. Cant be as bad as portrayed by some Jets fans. Not like this guy was cut and never seen from again

In a league desperate for QBs, he's been cut 3 times this season by 3 different teams. He lasted about 5 minutes with the Steelers.

His NFL career is getting close to done. And that's coming from someone who didn't hate the pick at the time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

In a league desperate for QBs, he's been cut 3 times this season by 3 different teams. He lasted about 5 minutes with the Steelers.

His NFL career is getting close to done. And that's coming from someone who didn't hate the pick at the time.

With a gimpy Roethlisberger and Mason Rudolph as your competition and you can't make the squad? Not good.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Guess its all in the way you look at it. I was not necessarily in favor of the Morgan pick when it happened. However, to criticize Joe Douglas for taking a chance on the most important position on the team in the 4th round is just too much. The fact that when the Jets cut him he was picked up by not 1 but 2 NFL teams tells me he has some talent and Douglas was not so far out in left field with the pick of Morgan

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

So is it fair to suggest this might have been a wasted pick? 

Too soon?

I thought that if both the Caroline and Pittsburgh were picking him up, he may have a decent pick... But being three times in a season, I'm slowly changing my mind...

51 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Guess its all in the way you look at it. I was not necessarily in favor of the Morgan pick when it happened. However, to criticize Joe Douglas for taking a chance on the most important position on the team in the 4th round is just too much. The fact that when the Jets cut him he was picked up by not 1 but 2 NFL teams tells me he has some talent and Douglas was not so far out in left field with the pick of Morgan

I absolutely didn't have a problem with taking a flyer on a QB at that point. But the QB who was picked just doesn't appear to be very good at all. His preseason performance was pretty bad, and the speed with which the Jets moved on from him was quite telling.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, Copernicus said:

For such a terrible pick there seems to be interest from NFL teams. Cant be as bad as portrayed by some Jets fans. Not like this guy was cut and never seen from again

I think teams with some QB injuries are at least willing to take a look at anyone, and in particular sucking while on the Jets doesn't automatically mean a person can't play football. It can be both, but he wouldn't have been the first to look like a zero here and be useful elsewhere.

After 3 teams dumped him in 3 months, with at least one of them a credible organization lol, I think Morgan's probably done getting people to kick the tires on him. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think teams with some QB injuries are at least willing to take a look at anyone, and in particular sucking while on the Jets doesn't automatically mean a person can't play football. It can be both, but he wouldn't have been the first to look like a zero here and be useful elsewhere.

After 3 teams dumped him in 3 months, with at least one of them a credible organization lol, I think Morgan's probably done getting people to kick the tires on him. 

Iirc, Morgan’s big appeal at draft time was that the Patriots supposedly wanted him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Kick the tires?  I think the tranny is blown and both axels are shot.  And don't get me started on the cylinder heads.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

What a weird thing to indict JD over. If you are inclined to do so, there's much worse "crimes" you could point to.

I don't get it.

He had three 4th round picks in that draft they all stink and are near useless, some very nice players were drafted after that.  So yeah, he is going to feel the wrath over his failed picks just as he will be praised for his good picks.

58 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Where to next?  Latvian Pro League?  

BTW, this shot keeps appearing on the side of this page.  @Maxman Many thanks.  Who the heck is that?9431963317091419753.png.3a72d2ceda4d4d60548eb96410d3b19a.png

Jessica biel from the Texas chainsaw massacre remake. She was gorgeous in that movie walking around with a tight shirt and jeans. Pretty good flick too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I could be wrong here but I don’t think josh Johnson can go back to the practice squad. If that’s true maybe bring back Morgan to the practice squad and cut JJ after this week?

He can be elavted an extra time, and return to the PS, as a Covid-related call up with Flacco and White out.

I'd much rather retain Johnson than bring back Morgan. JJ can play QB, Morgan less so.

• Upvote 1