Flacco and Mike White on the Covid-19 List

T0mShane

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

As someone who lives in the northeast and communes with many northeasterners on both side of the political aisle, the masks are a nominal gesture that 99.9% of people are done with, but you’ll still throw on to walk through a Stop n Shop if enough people inside that Stop n Shop are wearing them. The only place they’re really uptight about vaxxing and masking is in Broadway theaters because one bad breakout traced back to a theater crowd will tank the season. Otherwise, the uptight lefty mask-fanatic is really just a media creation, in my experience. 

What a lefty thing to say!  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

As someone who lives in the northeast and communes with many northeasterners on both side of the political aisle, the masks are a nominal gesture that 99.9% of people are done with, but you’ll still throw on to walk through a Stop n Shop if enough people inside that Stop n Shop are wearing them. The only place they’re really uptight about vaxxing and masking is in Broadway theaters because one bad breakout traced back to a theater crowd will tank the season. Otherwise, the uptight lefty mask-fanatic is really just a media creation, in my experience. 

Was in Chicago a couple weeks ago and it seemed to be getting uptight again. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ZachEY said:

More bizarre then someone stockpiling weapons for a siege of their home that’s never coming?

Obviously it’s absurd to wear a mask in a car alone, but I’m going by a sample size of me - as someone who’s driven in their car, alone, with a mask a couple of times, the explanation is not as nefarious as you may be thinking.  It’s more like, I was somewhere I needed a mask and I got in the car and forgot.  I suspect I’m not alone here.

And masks were worn through Asia long before covid.  It’s really not a bad idea on public transit and similar situations.

If there’s a couple of things we may know about covid is that it’s seasonal and will be around forever. Public transit and planes by all means it makes sense. Walking into a restaurant only to take it off  or walking around a mall it’s silly. And if you are enforcing it or giving people the stink eye for not wearing it cmon. I can’t believe it’s still being covered around the clock on TV. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If there’s a couple of things we may know about covid is that it’s seasonal and will be around forever. Public transit and planes by all means it makes sense. Walking into a restaurant only to take it off  or walking around a mall it’s silly. And if you are enforcing it or giving people the stink eye for not wearing it cmon. I can’t believe it’s still being covered around the clock on TV. 

Many places are requiring them again.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I genuinely think this may be the only reason we're not watching Joe Flacco this week. 

Other than ZW was cleared to play on Monday and the COVID issue came up on Tuesday, yeah the conspiracy issue holds water

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I live in a liberal college town, but I would say it's definitely not a media creation here. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

What’s a mall?

I guess you could call it seasonal, but I think it’s closer to an indoor/outdoor thing.  Summer in Florida is a lot more indoor, so that’s when you saw higher rates.  Now, lower.

I completely agree the restaurant stuff is silly, but as someone who goes to restaurants in NYC and Northern NJ with some regularity, I can tell you that in my experience that’s no longer actually a thing.  Can’t tell you the last time I’ve walked in with a mask.

Policy on all of this will fade.  Maybe not as quickly as you like, but it’s already happening.  As for the TV… turn it off.  It’s no worse then news channels covering a niche book they never read that is taught in some universities and telling people it’s in elementary school curriculum nonstop until they didn’t which was coincidentally the day after an election.  Or, just watch House Hunters International like the rest of us.

• Upvote 3