Flacco and Mike White on the Covid-19 List

T0mShane

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So I just looked it up and it's less than 60% of the hospitalizations that are the unvaccinated. That means over 40% of them are vaccinated. The majority are unvaccinated, true. My point is that based on this small example the vaccination doesn't seem to be so effective at keeping people out of the hospital. Not making any conclusions based on it, just pointing at this specific example.

% splits of hospitalisations is a dangerous stat to look at as it ignores population sizes of each as a whole. If 99% of the population were fully vaccinated then the % of vaccinated in hospital vs unvaccinated would be very high - suggesting having the vaccine was worse than not being vaccinated.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

So you expect some of these obese people and smokers to just wave a wand and magically lose weight and quit their smoking in the next 5 to 6 weeks? Sounds like a great plan Einstein. 

Also your dead wrong about who's spreading the virus mostly. Vaccinated people spread the virus less overall because they are significantly less likely to get infected in the first place. In early September, the CDC found that six unvaccinated people were testing COVID-positive for every one vaccinated person. But there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic beyond that. Some recent research shows that even once they’ve been infected, the vaccinated are less likely to spread the coronavirus than the unvaccinated. “We’re back in this category of Yeah, it can happen, but it seems to be a very rare event,” Ross Kedl, an immunology professor at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, told me.

lol, you quoting the cdc and calling ME Einstein, the irony!!!!

There are several, and I mean several studies that have shown the exact opposite of that CDC article. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Think your numbers are wrong

I was just looking at this

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/erie-county-hospitals-are-at-or-near-capacity-mask-mandate-put-in-place-coronavirus-covid-vaccine-booster/71-0c857a19-647e-4f5d-a330-d2a4aae4383d

Erie County Department of Health officials reports that close to 60% of those hospitalizations are unvaccinated patients.

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

% splits of hospitalisations is a dangerous stat to look at as it ignores population sizes of each as a whole. If 99% of the population were fully vaccinated then the % of vaccinated in hospital vs unvaccinated would be very high - suggesting having the vaccine was worse than not being vaccinated.

They're specifically telling us it's the unvaccinated filling the hospitals so I think it's a fair stat to analyze.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

lol, you quoting the cdc and calling ME Einstein, the irony!!!!

There are several, and I mean several studies that have shown the exact opposite of that CDC article. 

Click that link and read the entire article, or go back to searching for things that fit your narrative.

56 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Well considering MY Dr. who performed surgery on told me the vaccine is useless I guess I have the .01% of the medical field working on me ??‍♂️.

And **** off don’t at me with this political bullsh*t!  I take it as a personal attack.

You should have found a different Dr

Have no idea if you’re talking to me but i haven’t brought politics up once.    Not even close, no one here knows y politics.  That’s by choice

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Click that link and read the entire article, or go back to searching for things that fit your narrative.

I have read that article, and I have read every single article the CDC has posted, but unlike you, I am not a fan of Dogma, and I don't trust one single source of data. Understand science my friend, understand it, it can be your friend if you let it. But note, you are following Dogma, not Science at all.

And for the record, I have no narrative, I am vaccinated and have the booster as well. I am not anti-vax, I think the vax is a life saver for certain people. But, the vaccine is not correctly being represented for what it does, and doesnt do. My narrative is understanding the actual science, not the science the pharma companies tell me to follow that make trillions of dollars from pushing their meds.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They're specifically telling us it's the unvaccinated filling the hospitals so I think it's a fair stat to analyze.

Oh I'm sure that the PR machines will be in overdrive and using anything they can to get their particular message across. ;-) 

Both sides of the debate are guilty of this tbh - in UK we had the anti-vax people telling us that the vaccine made you more likely to be hospitalised based on the same misuse of data.

As they say ... lies, damned lies and statistics. :-) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I have read that article, and I have read every single article the CDC has posted, but unlike you, I am not a fan of Dogma, and I don't trust one single source of data. Understand science my friend, understand it, it can be your friend if you let it. But note, you are following Dogma, not Science at all.

I'm done with you. Have a nice day. 

16 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't think anyone in the world is saying its a made up problem, for certain cohorts, the problem is real. The issue is that nobody wants to talk about those cohorts. The other issue is the so called science is muting and labeling any legit dr's and scientists with an opposing view as misinformation. That by definition is not science. The literal idea of science is forming a hypothesis, and then testing it thoroughly with opposing points of view. What people are actually saying is follow the dogma. Covid is real, the vaccine absolutely is necessary for certain cohorts. But the fear propoganda and response to covid does not in any way justify the data, neither does the actual data about the vaccine.

Theres a saying that is really important, truths don't mind to be questioned, lies hate to be challenged.

Still, you’re not allowed to question the science. Or who is funding that science. Or who sits on boards funding the science. Or used to work for the FDA and now sits on boards. That’s funding the science. 

Science does not get questioned. Even as it changes month to month. Do not question it. It is 100% infallible.  

Doesn't matter, we’ll soon all have the facts. 

In 2076. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Butterfield said:

But you don’t trust any data?  

I thought we were done :) 

I said I don't trust any single source of information or data, and I seek to find the truth, or the best representation fo the truth by following and finding opposing studies. There is a lot of really useful information being muted, there is also a lot of BS being muted, and its really hard to know what to trust and what not to trust. If you are determined, you can figure out what is the good information and what is the bad information. Unfortunately there is way too much conspiracy theory BS floating around, and its often presented in a way that makes it seem legit. But mixed in with much of the muted information, there are a lot of really legitimate studies from very good doctors and scientist that you can use to formulate your own opinions. 

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I thought we were done :) 

I said I don't trust any single source of information or data, and I seek to find the truth, or the best representation fo the truth by following and finding opposing studies. There is a lot of really useful information being muted, there is also a lot of BS being muted, and its really hard to know what to trust and what not to trust. If you are determined, you can figure out what is the good information and what is the bad information. Unfortunately there is way too much conspiracy theory BS floating around, and its often presented in a way that makes it seem legit. But mixed in with much of the muted information, there are a lot of really legitimate studies from very good doctors and scientist that you can use to formulate your own opinions. 

You are either confusing people, or are just nuts.  

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Still, you’re not allowed to question the science. Or who is funding that science. Or who sits on boards funding the science. Or used to work for the FDA and now sits on boards. That’s funding the science. 

Science does not get questioned. Even as it changes month to month. Do not question it. It is 100% infallible.  

Doesn't matter, we’ll soon all have the facts. 

In 2076. 

If humans live long enough, which I question, history will not be kind to this era.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Let's imagine your town has 50 hospital beds for it's 1000 residents, and 200 residents are unvaccinated, and 800 are vaccinated.

If your 50 beds get split 50/50 between vaccinated and unvaccinated, then the way you're looking at it, it's equal.  25 of each.  However, in reality, your beds are being filled by 12.5% of your unvaccinated population vs. 3.125% of your unvaccinated population.

This is why you can't just look at raw numbers.

Makes perfect sense. But don't tell me the unvaccinated are filling up the hospital if it's a 50/50 split. That's where you lose me.

It's purposely deceitful. Like when they make a headline about the 4 unvaccinated that died but when you read the article there were 10 who died. When people are purposely deceitful it makes people lose trust and question their motivations.

There's been a lot of it going on w/this stuff. 

edit: btw if the virus is so dangerous to the unvaccinated, this problem will work itself out naturally in due time anyway.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Let's imagine your town has 50 hospital beds for it's 1000 residents, and 200 residents are unvaccinated, and 800 are vaccinated.

If your 50 beds get split 50/50 between vaccinated and unvaccinated, then the way you're looking at it, it's equal.  25 of each.  However, in reality, your beds are being filled by 12.5% of your unvaccinated population vs. 3.125% of your unvaccinated population.

This is why you can't just look at raw numbers.

Great post. 

• Upvote 1