Flacco and Mike White on the Covid-19 List

T0mShane

40 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This is coming from a company that paid, at the time, the largest criminal fine in history.  $2.3 Billion.

Pfizer.

Yeah, let's listen to THAT guy about criminal activity.

that was a stupid comment by  him given some of the marketing issues Pfizer had.

but my understanding is they developed the vaccine with limited govt money and in rapid time.

i find that pretty amazing speed.  

43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What about all the power the government has gotten during the pandemic and the precedents they're setting to control your life going forward ("we can take away your freedoms if you don't do x")?

And as if that wasn't upsetting enough, they took My Quite away from us!

agree that govt around the world have taken power.  it's what they constantly attempt to do.

that being said, the govt has restrictions on people all over the place - driving, guns, vaccine laws.  

at this point very few people are going to change their mind.  for me, i preferred to get the shot.

the vast vast majority healthy and not overweight folks under 50 are going to be fine with getting covid.  the risk is almost zero.

but if you are over 50 and overweight and not vaccinated - you still most likely are fine but the chance of a bad outcome isn't zero if you aren't vaccinated.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'll refrain from saying what I really want to but conspiracy theory bullsht is ruining this country.

do you know how few people actually know of, let alone believe in conspiracy theories? That is not really whats ruining this country, its the polarization of everything and anything thats ruining this country. No middle ground anymore.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

that was a stupid comment by  him given some of the marketing issues Pfizer had.

but my understanding is they developed the vaccine with limited govt money and in rapid time.

i find that pretty amazing speed.  

But who is paying them for all the "free" vaccines?

You think they are just giving it away?

And the second shot.  And the booster.  And the next booster(s).

Btw, claiming something is "misinformation" because you don't want to believe it is going to be the tagline for 2020-2021 and going forward.  Especially when fact checkers and only checking facts they disagree with.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

agree that govt around the world have taken power.  it's what they constantly attempt to do.

that being said, the govt has restrictions on people all over the place - driving, guns, vaccine laws.  

at this point very few people are going to change their mind.  for me, i preferred to get the shot.

the vast vast majority healthy and not overweight folks under 50 are going to be fine with getting covid.  the risk is almost zero.

but if you are over 50 and overweight and not vaccinated - you still most likely are fine but the chance of a bad outcome isn't zero if you aren't vaccinated.

Bodily autonomy plus passports to live your life is quite a change.  And don't think they're not going to do this with climate change next.  It's definitely coming.

This sh-t has gone way too far.  It's clearly gotten to the point where they'll do anything they can get away with until there's some pushback.  I'm not saying the virus isn't real or isn't serious but I do think there are other treatments (yes, including the ones that get endlessly mocked in the media).  At least I trust that more than a vaccine that we have no idea the longer term effects of (plus one that they're saying you'll need to take every 6-12 months).

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

do you know how few people actually know of, let alone believe in conspiracy theories? That is not really whats ruining this country, its the polarization of everything and anything thats ruining this country. No middle ground anymore.

A conspiracy is only a conspiracy for about 6-12 months until the facts come out. 

But the conspiracy theorist label lasts forever.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And don't think they're not going to do this with climate change next.  It's definitely coming.

It's already starting.  Already being claimed.  Likely by "scientists". Climate change is impacting pregnancies and newborn babies.  

But just the most recent climate change--the one the infrastructure bill is going to fix.  

Climate change that's been going in since the guy that invented the internet was never an issue for pregnancies and new born babies.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bodily autonomy plus passports to live your life is quite a change.  And don't think they're not going to do this with climate change next.  It's definitely coming.

This sh-t has gone way too far.  It's clearly gotten to the point where they'll do anything they can get away with until there's some pushback.  I'm not saying the virus isn't real or isn't serious but I do think there are other treatments (yes, including the ones that get endlessly mocked in the media).  At least I trust that more than a vaccine that we have no idea the longer term effects of (plus one that they're saying you'll need to take every 6-12 months).

it's interesting that the views on bodily autonomy are opposites political spectrums depending on if it's virus or abortions.

we still live in one of the freest countries in the world.  

agree regarding climate change.   that's a train that's going to be hard to stop.

regarding other treatments - honestly i don't have as much skill level as you to determine if they are better than vaccines.  Since i didn't go to school and/or get up to speed on the topic like you - i'll have to go with the current thinking of the experts.

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It's already starting.  Already being claimed.  Likely by "scientists". Climate change is impacting pregnancies and newborn babies.  

But just the most recent climate change--the one the infrastructure bill is going to fix.  

Climate change that's been going in since the guy that invented the internet was never an issue for pregnancies and new born babies.  

And how many wrong predictions have there been on climate change already?  Wasn't the world was supposed to be underwater a decade ago?

That would be quite a homefield advantage for an aquatic team like the Dolphins!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

If you don’t want anyone to discuss you r want to stop telling people that the vaccine is useless.  You know and let others about their own medical choices.  Works both ways

Useless, lol, follow that advice

I never once said I was giving advice just passing along what my medical Dr.’s have said with an ??‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

it's interesting that the views on bodily autonomy are opposites political spectrums depending on if it's virus or abortions.

we still live in one of the freest countries in the world.  

agree regarding climate change.   that's a train that's going to be hard to stop.

regarding other treatments - honestly i don't have as much skill level as you to determine if they are better than vaccines.  Since i didn't go to school and/or get up to speed on the topic like you - i'll have to go with the current thinking of the experts.

Well, maybe if you ignore a fetuses' right to bodily autonomy.  

I hear your snark about the "other treatments" btw.  But even putting other treatments aside, we still have no long term data on these vaccines.  And they want you to take them every 6-12 months (which is another set of risks).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

I don't think climate change is being prosecuted.

Made up complications from climate change is what is being suggested.

Try to keep up.  

Any particular reason you boys feel the need to do this here as opposed to, say, in PM’s, or perhaps under a bridge? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

But who is paying them for all the "free" vaccines?

You think they are just giving it away?

And the second shot.  And the booster.  And the next booster(s).

Btw, claiming something is "misinformation" because you don't want to believe it is going to be the tagline for 2020-2021 and going forward.  Especially when fact checkers and only checking facts they disagree with.  

of course they are getting paid for the vaccines.  nobody said otherwise.  and i think they should get paid.

i found it remarkable that humans (mostly US) were able to find and develop vaccine's and also treatment plans this quick.  how can you not be impressed.

the trend regarding "misinformation" has been brewing for a while.  Probably has to do with social media and polarization of the country.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And how many wrong predictions have there been on climate change already?  Wasn't the world was supposed to be underwater a decade ago?

That would be quite a homefield advantage for an aquatic team like the Dolphins!

Damn them tarps .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Any particular reason you boys feel the need to do this here as opposed to, say, in PM’s, or perhaps under a bridge? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaahHAHAHHHhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAGAGAHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHhaHAHHH!!

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Well, maybe if you ignore a fetuses' right to bodily autonomy.  

I hear your snark about the "other treatments" btw.  But even putting other treatments aside, we still have no long term data on these vaccines.  And they want you to take them every 6-12 months (which is another set of risks).

agree no long term data - and why i could see some hesitancy to give it to younger folks.   But for a slightly overweight mid 40s year old like myself- it's a no brainer.

the snark was intentional regarding the other treatments.   unless you tell me you have a PHD in a science field. 

Just now, batman10023 said:

which one of your fingers is overriding your desire not to read this stuff and clicking on the thread?

Let me guess it's the one that's over 

<-------------------------------------------------------      there

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

of course they are getting paid for the vaccines.  nobody said otherwise.  and i think they should get paid.

i found it remarkable that humans (mostly US) were able to find and develop vaccine's and also treatment plans this quick.  how can you not be impressed.

the trend regarding "misinformation" has been brewing for a while.  Probably has to do with social media and polarization of the country.

Absoultely the speed with which the vaccine was developed was incredible.

But the mantra that you can't question the science, that you MUST accept the "latest" science is all inexorably tied into who is getting paid. And by whom.

There aren't thousands of independant scientists out there not getting paid for their research espousing the "latest" science.  They are all funded by someone/all getting grants from someone.

The Federal Government is FULLY funding the vax companies for the "free" vaccines.  That money flows downhill.  

There are no independant studies.  

• Upvote 1