Flacco and Mike White on the Covid-19 List

T0mShane

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's unknown how long antibodies from natural immunity last. My comment was a reaction to thinking Flacco had covid now. Which even at the lowest estimate of 3 months of natural immunity would put him beyond the season at which point no one would gaf. Turns out I was wrong and it was the vaccinated guy who has it. Go figure.

Do they even know how long immunity from the vaccine lasts?

Really?  You don’t even know ?

There’s been talk of a booster. That should be a clue. 

eye roll 

• Haha 1

So frustrating.. this morning I was thinking about how well Flacco played, how last year he played better than Sam Darnold and with the performance against the Dolphins he had a quarterback rating of 120.00 when they blitzed! He was doing really well!

If this team was in a must-win-now situation they'd probably start Flacco since he's the best right NOW stat wise of all the quarterbacks.

But Flacco made the choice easy for the coaches, fact he forced it.. he can't even be at the game or even in the facility - he's got to stay home.  I think there's also a rule calling up QB Johnson from the practice squad multiple times and they won't be able to do that again unless they sign him for the rest of the season to the active squad which eats up a roster spot.  I'm sure our GM isn't in love with Flacco's decicion right now.

All over a shot.. couldn't do it.. it's his choice and I respect it... don't AGREE WITH IT.... but man the team traded for you!  You played well last week!   Rant over sorry I'm a fan of Flacco but this shot stuff.. he'd be backing up Wilson if it wasn't for this.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Don’t want to get political at all, because I don’t know enough about it

but why does it matter weather or not flacco is vaccinated or not, as far this goes

ive had covid twice, once before there was a vaccine, once after I was vaccinated

i just recently got it from a dad on my kids team who was also vaccinated, he gave it to two others, besides me who were also vaccinated 

I brought it to my work and gave it to two people, one vaccinated, one not 

so why do we care if flacco is vaccinated, besides for the stricter contact rules the nfl has if anyone, vaccinated or not can contract or pass along the virus 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Obrien2Toon said:

Don’t want to get political at all, because I don’t know enough about it

but why does it matter weather or not flacco is vaccinated or not, as far this goes

ive had covid twice, once before there was a vaccine, once after I was vaccinated

i just recently got it from a dad on my kids team who was also vaccinated, he gave it to two others, besides me who were also vaccinated 

I brought it to my work and gave it to two people, one vaccinated, one not 

so why do we care if flacco is vaccinated, besides for the stricter contact rules the nfl has if anyone, vaccinated or not can contract or pass along the virus 

You don't want to get political but......

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, sciond said:

Sorry there is absolutely no science to support this.  Recent studies have shown just the opposite. If you would like the studies I can send them to you.

There are conflicting studies. That is the truth. Those with agendas, on either side, always site to the studies that support their own agenda. 

Regardless, can't we just keep this thread to a celebration of not having to watch Flacco play this Sunday????

12 minutes ago, sciond said:

Sorry there is absolutely no science to support this.  Recent studies have shown just the opposite. If you would like the studies I can send them to you.

I mean, if you can find research published more recently than November 5th which "suggest that COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are around five times more effective at preventing hospitalization than a previous infection" then I'd be happy to read it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

Apparently White tested positive.  Flacco is an unvaccinated close contact and must test negative for 5 days before he can return to the facility.  Either Wilson is not considered a close contact or he is vaccinated.  

Not at all directed at you Lith, but I thought I'd share a real-world example of just how ******* stupid this all is; working in an ER, I have been tested ONCE since having Covid in March of 2020, and have NEVER been quarantined. This is pretty standard across NYC also, AFAIK. Now those of you who think you understand the nuances of this disease, the mandates, and all the other minutiae can go back thinking you know what you're talking about, 'cause memes and stuff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetworks said:

Not at all directed at you Lith, but I thought I'd share a real-world example of just how ******* stupid this all is; working in an ER, I have been tested ONCE since having Covid in March of 2020, and have NEVER been quarantined. This is pretty standard across NYC also, AFAIK. Now those of you who think you understand the nuances of this disease, the mandates, and all the other minutiae can go back thinking you know what you're talking about, 'cause memes and stuff. 

That’s because medical staff are needed and the more they test the more they know….

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Except thats not whats happened.  The cries from the medical community is overwhelmingly telling people that the vaccine works and is necessary and the selfish who refuse to listen 

That’s funny I just had a surgery on my finger and even though I’m vaccinated I still needed a negative test to have my surgery.  When I questioned why my Dr. told me because the vaccine doesn’t fully work ??‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

There’s a pretty good likelihood Wilson is unvaccinated, too. He said in camp that his vax status is “personal,” but we know his parents are of the persuasion to be among the anti-vax demo. Zach better prepare himself for some uncomfortable questions this week while he works on his confidence/comeback. 

I seriously doubt Wilson is vaxxed.  Mommy would not like.  

12 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

No worries.  I was just commenting on the NFL rules as respects Covid.  If Flacco were vaccinated, he would be eligible to play.  I have 0 interest in getting into any kind of debate regarding effectiveness of the vaccine.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

so tired of the COVID “debate” hijacking every other 

Can’t we just restrict this thread to laughing at the absurd NYJ luck like usual? 

Agree I’m so over this stuff. Football season is so short let’s just enjoy our usual miserable team 

11 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

We’re talking about a league that penalizes a team if one of their players stares too long at an opposing sideline. Of course their rules are going to be mostly capricious and arbitrary. That said, this thread is about clowning the Jets and we all need a little bit of that heading into the holiday season.

• Haha 1