John Beck is going to be a big story over the next few weeks

ElderStatesman

The Jets beat has yet again done the fans a disservice by not investigating this story further. I for one find it incredibly odd that the organization hired Wilson’s personal QB as a full time member of the coaching staff. What is Beck’s role here? How did this materialize? Did Wilson initiate this or did the Jets?

The optics of this could be really bad for Saleh if the cameras constantly see Beck as the person in the ear of Zach on the sideline. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

My guess is that the logic went something like...Zach gets another voice on the sideline and LaFleur can move to the booth.  Like @jetstream23 stated it probably makes Saleh look that much smarter.  

Or it could have went like this 

Saleh: Hey John, Rob Saleh here from the Jets. We drafted one of your QBs

Beck: Zach Wilson?

Saleh: Yea Zach. Well he’s sputtering right now. We would like you to come in and take a look at him. 

Beck: Um sure, but will you pay me for my time?

Saleh: It’s only been five games. Doesn’t Zach come with free first time service? I worked something like that out with the contractors of my new home. 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, ElderStatesman said:

Or it could have went like this 

Saleh: Hey John, Rob Saleh here from the Jets. We drafted one of your QBs

Beck: Zach Wilson?

Saleh: Yea Zach. Well he’s sputtering right now. We would like you to come in and take a look at him. 

Beck: Um sure, but will you pay me for my time?

Saleh: It’s only been five games. Doesn’t Zach come with free first time service? I worked something like that out with the contractors of my new home. 

Another troll?  You're probably that fire Selah guy.  You must be bored.  Enjoy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ElderStatesman said:

The Jets beat has yet again done the fans a disservice by not investigating this story further. I for one find it incredibly odd that the organization hired Wilson’s personal QB as a full time member of the coaching staff. What is Beck’s role here? How did this materialize? Did Wilson initiate this or did the Jets?

The optics of this could be really bad for Saleh if the cameras constantly see Beck as the person in the ear of Zach on the sideline. 

Optics could be bad???

The optics of this organization/season can't possibly be worse. Bringing on a qb coach isn't significantly changing that.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how much he's been talking to the QBs on the sideline, but it was clear Zach's mechanics were going out of control.  The kid can hit a 10 yard throw to the flat, even though it may not have looked like it at times this year.

If you remember, the first few weeks he was getting absolutely flattened out there.  Dude had 2 300 pounders fall on top of him at once, and somehow that's not a flag.  Pfft.  The pass to Mims in the Carolina game he got absolutely destroyed.  He was taking hits that he maybe took once or twice over his entire career at BYU almost every drive.  It rattled him, and I'm pretty sure he was just starting to get himself out of it when he got injured.

I think his injury came at a great time, as long as there is no permanent damage of course.  It's enabled him to take a step back from the spotlight and concentrate on the offense, his mechanics, and getting his head right.

I really do think that we are going to see a different QB this Sunday.  He's still a rookie, but I think the energy here is going to turn around.

People will be saying Sammy looked great at the end of his rookie season too and still not believe in him.  And of course that's fair, but it's about dang time we see some improvement with him actually running the offense well.  And I think we will.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think its amazing that we have an owner who gave Beck a blank check to come here. 

But its a moot point as only Jet fans think optics matters.  Douglas and Saleh dont give an eff about optics.  They have given Jet fans the middle finger at every turn.

And a shifty unwatchable product.   

This can be a developing story

Beck is putting a lot on the line taking this job for Wilson and if all goes well he can seriously skyrocket his name and brand in certain circles, or he doesn't. It's a high risk move for him as he has a business for all of this, and shows his confidence in Wilson which is telling.

It can very well be his big ticket move. Who knows?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ElderStatesman said:

He lost Knapp... They obviously needed help, not a big deal

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you’d only remembered to tell the judge you’re a Jets fan, he may have shaved that down to 8 years.

Or, him choosing to be a Jets fan could've demonstrated a history of poor choices and convinced the judge he's a lost cause and unfit for society.

I know most of us are.

• Haha 2