John Beck is going to be a big story over the next few weeks

44 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

So many trolls on the site... Getting tough to be here.

Lets be honest. Normal people aren’t Jets fans. If you are of average IQ or better—and have no significant personality defects, then you gave up on the Jets years ago. The only ones left are whackos and masochists. 

Given that, the number of trolls is actually a little low. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, ElderStatesman said:

The Jets beat has yet again done the fans a disservice by not investigating this story further. I for one find it incredibly odd that the organization hired Wilson’s personal QB as a full time member of the coaching staff. What is Beck’s role here? How did this materialize? Did Wilson initiate this or did the Jets?

The optics of this could be really bad for Saleh if the cameras constantly see Beck as the person in the ear of Zach on the sideline. 

How about giving the team a break here?  After all, Greg Knapp was supposed to be *that* guy, but he got killed in an accident.  Plus it was all too obvious that LaFleur was doing nothing (as in zero) to help Zach along.  Beck is here because LaFleur can't do what Knapp was supposed to be doing for this QB.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ElderStatesman said:

Or it could have went like this 

Saleh: Hey John, Rob Saleh here from the Jets. We drafted one of your QBs

Beck: Zach Wilson?

Saleh: Yea Zach. Well he’s sputtering right now. We would like you to come in and take a look at him. 

Beck: Um sure, but will you pay me for my time?

Saleh: It’s only been five games. Doesn’t Zach come with free first time service? I worked something like that out with the contractors of my new home. 

dumb

10 hours ago, ElderStatesman said:

The Jets beat has yet again done the fans a disservice by not investigating this story further. I for one find it incredibly odd that the organization hired Wilson’s personal QB as a full time member of the coaching staff. What is Beck’s role here? How did this materialize? Did Wilson initiate this or did the Jets?

The optics of this could be really bad for Saleh if the cameras constantly see Beck as the person in the ear of Zach on the sideline. 

Greg Knapp passed away a month or two before the season started. He was supposed to be the QB coach. With most of the other good candidates already having jobs with other franchises and what not, Rob Calabrese was elevated to QBs Coach. The Greg Knapp passing was not only sad but also put the team in a bind. Bringing in another "QB coach" mid season, to me, doesn't seem all that odd when you consider how we didn't have a hand picked QB coach on the staff at the start of the season. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Yeah because he has been doing that job for 14 years or so and is a super bowl MVP... I would ******* hope that he looks more like an NFL QB then a rookie... 

David Mills looks so much more like a QB than Wilson.

image.png.4ad97cc2965802200cb1d615170bf4c1.png

image.png.f7733907d34c1d93cf776ff4e05c2586.png

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think its amazing that we have an owner who gave Beck a blank check to come here. 

But its a moot point as only Jet fans think optics matters.  Douglas and Saleh dont give an eff about optics.  They have given Jet fans the middle finger at every turn.

As much as the Johnsons have me pulling my hair out at times, it's certainly not because they were cheap or wouldn't spend the money.

If anything, I think they have proven they will spend loads of money to be successful, they have just been incompetent with their hiring processes and signings.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, ElderStatesman said:

Or it could have went like this 

Saleh: Hey John, Rob Saleh here from the Jets. We drafted one of your QBs

Beck: Zach Wilson?

Saleh: Yea Zach. Well he’s sputtering right now. We would like you to come in and take a look at him. 

Beck: Um sure, but will you pay me for my time?

Saleh: It’s only been five games. Doesn’t Zach come with free first time service? I worked something like that out with the contractors of my new home. 

Did you type this thinking it was funny?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Grandy said:

This can be a developing story

Beck is putting a lot on the line taking this job for Wilson and if all goes well he can seriously skyrocket his name and brand in certain circles, or he doesn't. It's a high risk move for him as he has a business for all of this, and shows his confidence in Wilson which is telling.

It can very well be his big ticket move. Who knows?

well if that happens the Jets should resign him. dont let him leave. regardless of this year Zack will be here next year and is still going to need a QB coach.

20 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You're posting from prison? ? 

(note: I would have posted the confused smiley face, but I don't think we have one)

11 hours ago, ElderStatesman said:

I spent 14 years in prison. Every day is wonderful. 

do you get the joke now ?

• Upvote 1