~ The Official Sopranos Thread ~

Smizzy

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chase is laughing inside of his mansion right now.

He has the entire country talking about his show.

..and that is exactly what he was aiming for. He wants everyone hanging around the water cooler debating what the abrupt end meant. Let's see if he comes out with any comment after the buzz dies down. If not, get ready for Soprano's - The Movie.

The Sopranos Easter Egg

This will mean nothing to those of you who were not obsessed Sopranos fans, but for me it was mind blowing. All those guys in the diner during the final scene last night? Not just random extras. From the comments on Jonathan Storm's review of the series finale:

Tony DID get whacked. The only question is by who. Remember first Tony's comments earlier this season about getting whacked (which were also replayed either last week or the week before). Tony said something to the effect of "you don't see it coming, you don't feel nothing, everything just fades to black". That was your ending.

As for the who, take note of the credits for the folks in the restaurant at the end.
The guy at the counter that goes to the bathroom is Nikki Leotardo, phil's nephew. The black men are the same ones that shot Tony in season two, but only clipped his ear.
Oddly, the boyscouts were in the store last week when Bobby got it, so they are going to have some issues, but my money says it wasn't the boy scouts.

My money says that based on the title, "Made in America", it was the trucker with the hat that read "USA".
The same trucker who was the brother of the trucker that Christopher robbed and killed in season two
...he was the guy that had to identify the body. It's all in the credits.

Has the bold actually been confirmed?

My understanding is the guy in the members only jacket is a first time extra (a pizza guy):

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=114&sid=1164709

Somebody did get whacked....The audience. I watched it again, Everybody in that scene was a new extra and had never appeared on the show before. Go check their names with IMDB.

The ending was fantastic. I was the biggest critic of the last 3 seasons and I WANTED TO SEE TONY DIE but he didn't. Everything is there for you...you just need to digest it. I did not need to see tony get whacked or him go to prison to know those are his only 2 outcomes. Everybody around him is dead and he has run out of time with the Feds...and having killed phil...you just know he is going to be forever looking over his shoulder for that hired hitter.

I thought it was done very well.

NJ won this war....Tony days will be filled with that same anxiety we all felt watching that final scene waiting for a pine box or a cell.

Oh & that wasn't Nikki Leotardo

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-06092007-1360360.html

My understanding is the guy in the members only jacket is a first time extra (a pizza guy):

It's all bull****.

I watched the ending and the credits again last night. The guy is not identified as Nicky Leotardo, he is the "man in the diner", for what it's worth.

It's all bull****.

Yep.

Can you imagine how much run he is going to get from 20 seconds of screentime?? He is THAT guy!

Unreal, the middle-aged single Italian women will be all over this guy!

I watched the ending and the credits again last night. The guy is not identified as Nicky Leotardo, he is the "man in the diner", for what it's worth.

I watched it again myself (and particularly the credits) and he is not Phil's anything. Good creative theory though.

Archived