~ The Official Sopranos Thread ~

Smizzy

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This finale was garbage. **** the sopranos. Im not watching next season. They only way they can save this series is wacking Tony once and for all.

The entire season was about some fat **** getting his anus pummeled. **** this show.

Horrible season,horrible finale.

They jumped the shark.

Really, they jumped it awhile back, but Carm in Parris? Really? We need this?

At least Tony in Italy gave us some story line.

I have defended that show enough.

It needs to die.

DEATH TO SOPRANOS!!!

LONG LIVE DEADWOOD!!!!

BZ

They jumped the shark.

Really, they jumped it awhile back, but Carm in Parris? Really? We need this?

At least Tony in Italy gave us some story line.

I have defended that show enough.

It needs to die.

DEATH TO SOPRANOS!!!

LONG LIVE DEADWOOD!!!!

BZ

They've said its done for good after next year. No sense in calling for it now that its already going to happen :P

They've said its done for good after next year. No sense in calling for it now that its already going to happen :P

Next season will be in almost 3 years with this damn show. By then Tony will be 80 years old, Carmella will be dead, and the main storyline will be Meadow and how she is coping with menopause. The show sucks terribly at this point.

Next season will be in almost 3 years with this damn show. By then Tony will be 80 years old, Carmella will be dead, and the main storyline will be Meadow and how she is coping with menopause. The show sucks terribly at this point.

The final 8 shows start in January 2007...

7 months from now

last nite was a XMAS scene and the news shows start in january,, I assume they will have the next show take up virtually after this finale.

They really have gotten away from what made this the best show on TV.

Wanton violence.

This season had so much promise, and just fizzled.

I gotta agree with ya. The show has so much potential, I guess I blame the writers or whoever instructs them to choose such soppy & gay topics.

I think sometimes HBO forgets that the audience wants to be entertained. Sure, thought provoking storylines and scenes can be fun too - but gee wiz, enough already with forcing it down my throat (subtle Johnny Cakes pun). If I really wanted to contemplate people's frailities, flaws, demons, hypocricy and vulnerabilities - I'd stay here 24/7 instead of the 12/7 I do now.....LOL!!!

That said, I was skepitcal of Big Love, but now I'm hooked. Last night's season finale was terrific. I bet Nicki was the rat.

I think sometimes HBO forgets that the audience wants to be entertained. Sure, thought provoking storylines and scenes can be fun too - but gee wiz, enough already with forcing it down my throat (subtle Johnny Cakes pun). If I really wanted to contemplate people's frailities, flaws, demons, hypocricy and vulnerabilities - I'd stay here 24/7 instead of the 12/7 I do now.....LOL!!!

That said, I was skepitcal of Big Love, but now I'm hooked. Last night's season finale was terrific. I bet Nicki was the rat.

Garb, I am hooked too!!! Nicki is such a manipulator I would not doubt it!

You ma'am, have perfected jetfanbashing to a cunning artform by slipping it in then re directing you're posts back on topic. some of us don't even realize we're being kicked in the groin

:)

I bet Nicki was the rat.

No, it was Roman. Didn't you see him pick up the phone and ask to speak to someone "about the competition"?

I always thought Nikki could look hot, if she wanted to. :cheers:

Too obvious, no? Then again - Bill was on the phone saying how Roman was NOT on to the fact that his bros wife poisoned Roman's son and that there was no retribution - yet - so yeah, maybe.

The Nicki character is the most intriguing. Sneaky, manipulative and wild with jealousy. Chloe Sevigny does a terrific job as Nicki. Actually, most of the performances on the show are pretty darn good....except for Bill Paxton - I find his performances pretty mediocre. Maybe he just can't over his giddiness at being naked and in bed at least three times per episode and with three different co-stars.

I think think they actually want Bill Paxton to seem flat to emphasize that he's morally empty nothwithstanding being the supposed center of the family and his spouting all that Mormon religious platitude stuff. They trying to make him seem to think there's nothing amiss to him in his family and lifstyle, as if polygamy is normal. The whole show seems to be about whether Henrickson is morally good or just the other side of the coin of Roman's moral bankruptcy wrapped in religion.

As to "The Sopranos", seems like it's just gone on too long. Any time Vito, Carmela, Melfi or AJ were ons creen was like "stop the sotry and let's waste 40 pages of script". Not even AJ banging that hot Dominican much helped. The whole Paris thing seemed like an excuse to bring the cast to France an waste half an episode. And the biggest problem-mobsters by nature are greedy, narcacists not given to introspection. Tony going to a psychiatrist in the 1st place is preposterous and a implausible waste of time. To drag that out for years wold seem to inidcate Chase doesn't have much to say. The idea that anyone like Tony would be as introspective as the hospital episodes was a joke. Worse, they got rid of an interesting and fun character in Uncle Junior for no good reason other than to waste the first 3 or 4 episodes.

I try not to get sucked into weekly shows so I don't watch the polygamy one but your sopranos rant was pretty accurate bugg. Of all the options they had for what direction they coulda taken this show, they missed bigtime. I will not watch it anymore unless I read in a thread that its taken a 180 degree turn for the better

• 9 months later...

Ok final run for Tony and the boys. What do you think is going to happen ?

Whacked: Vito, Christopher, Paulie, Tony, Dr. Melfi

Johnnie Sack spills the beans, gets whacked in prision but it is too late as the feds come in and take down Tony's boys.

Tony bangs Dr. Melfi, Carmella whacks them both in the sack.

Archived