Jets Sign QB James Morgan (not kidding) cut DB Natrell Jamerson

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I've never seen so much outrage over a 4th round pick. 

Douglas took a shot at a developmental QB with the illustrious Sam Darnold as his starter. Not the end of the world. 

To be fair, he was an AWFUL shot at a developmental QB at a position where only one guy at a time plays. Had he picked ANOTHER developmental OLineman or RB or WR or LB or CB who could cycle in on a rotation? And the didn’t work out? Fine. If Cam Clarke never sees the field, that’s fine. 

A bad immobile inaccurate QB that didn’t play a position that doesn’t rotate in? 

Not outrage. Just ticked could have been spent better elsewhere. 

I don’t think people are bitching about resigning Morgan. Smart move. 
I think folks are still ticked about the pick in the first place. 
A total waste of a pick. 

May have been a bad pick two years ago. But given the circumstances, it is not a bad signing today.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

To be fair, he was an AWFUL shot at a developmental QB at a position where only one guy at a time plays. Had he picked ANOTHER developmental OLineman or RB or WR or LB or CB who could cycle in on a rotation? And the didn’t work out? Fine. If Cam Clarke never sees the field, that’s fine. 

A bad immobile inaccurate QB that didn’t play a position that doesn’t rotate in? 

Not outrage. Just ticked could have been spent better elsewhere. 

Again - it was a 4th round pick and his starting QB sucked

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, let me get this straight. We have two QBs in Covid protocol. We needed a 3rd QB in practice and in case one of our two remaining QBs tests positive. So we signed the guy who spent most of the summer in camp with us.

And people are bitching about the move. Morgan will likely be cut again next week when Flacco/White can return to practice.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They wanted him on the PS.  Now he is. 

Sure it was a bad pick 2 years ago, doesn’t mean this move doesn’t make sense on the literal bottom of the roster.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

Lol, the pearl clutchers are gonna be out in full force over this one! My money is on at least ten mentions of “wasted pick” in the first three pages.

wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

Lol, the pearl clutchers are gonna be out in full force over this one! My money is on at least ten mentions of “wasted pick” in the first three pages.

wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick wasted pick

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I've never seen so much outrage over a 4th round pick. 

Douglas took a shot at a developmental QB with the illustrious Sam Darnold as his starter. Not the end of the world. 

I think it’s more the fact that he traded a 6th rounder to get back the guy he already had because the 4th rounder sucked. Now he’s brought back the 4th rounder after the 6th round trade caught mono or covid or whatever the hell it even is with this team already 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jets have 2 active QBs and 2 in covid protocol. JD brings in another QB just in case another QB gets covid or is injured before Sundays game...

Jet "bitching and complaining " Nation: fire JD. he is such a fool.

Jets have 2 active QBs and 2 in covid protocol. and JD does nothing. then one gets covid and the other gets hurt in Sundays game making emergency QB Branden Mann the QB in the 2nd QT

Jet "bitching and complaining " Nation: fire JD. he is such a fool.

just another day at Jet "bitching and complaining " Nation:

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Lol

James Morgan coming back to the Jets is even sadder than a 30 year old English Lit major returning home to live with their parents.

Is it sadder than a 36 year old guy who tried his hardest to avoid the Jets getting traded to the Jets a second time?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

They're not cutting either of them. Hes on the PS. Not the roster so it's not a thing. 

there not keeping 5 QBs. they probably have 3 (Wilson, White, Flacco ) on the roster. and either Johnson or Morgan on the PS. i cant see them keeping 2 on the PS.

Look Morgan hasn’t had a chance regular season to even get one snap and on the Jets so far 4 QBs have played a lot. So he hasn’t had a chance to prove he’s good or bad. White did get that chance and he was both. Morgan was cut after preseason and probably chose the Panthers because he felt he had a better chance to be their backup or at least number 3 after White beat him out. If he hated the Jets org he didn’t have to sign with us he might have had other options.