Colin Cowherd: Jets should fire Robert Saleh

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 9 games. Fire him. That’s his sage advice. And then what? Send a message to the planet that if you take a job as the jets coach, we’ll fire you in less than a year when you lose with sh*t t

I think Saleh is a square peg in a round hole. Just doesn’t seem like a good fit here.    I really thought McCarthy was the right guy a few years ago. Someone who has had success elsewhere. Thi

Nothing says “winning franchise” like a new coaching staff every year.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I didn't say he needed to have a top D in his first gig. 

But asking for a competent D is well within reason, first year or not, rookies or not. 

Its all based on talent, and there is little to work with given the youngsters that were being used in the secondary for example and then just for fun throw out Lawson, J Davis, Joyner, Maye etc.  

No one would have fielded a substantially better defense with the talent here.  Not Flores, not McDermott, not even Belichick 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

but it does matter. being young, first year in a new system. Salehs 1st year in SF wasn't good either.

but we all knew this was going to be the worst part of this team. all 3 top FA miss all or half of the year. didn't draft defense to the 5th rd. 

can't ask Rachael Ray to cook spaghetti with sauce and give her chinese noodles and ketchup and expect her to make it taste good just because she is a chef.

I get your point, but . . .

https://purplechives.com/2020/05/05/classic-hong-kong-style-ketchup-spaghetti/?amp=1

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Like he said the cardinals did it and it worked 

Like Colen and people who just throw shlt out there as fact, Kingsbury, with arguably more talent than whats here now, won all of 5 games.  Lets see where we wind up, its not going to be significantly different.  Proving how stupid it is to post dumb assed videos like this, just to throw click bait out there for people like you to scream "see"

21 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That analogy doesnt square. 

Saleh was given actual football players. It's not like he was handed guys from Rugby and Soccer and patted on the back.

Saleh as a defensive minded coach, is tasked with using his skill and a little seasoning to spice up lower quality ingredients. 

Instead, he tripped and spilled the ingredients on the floor halfway through and stood there staring at it instead of getting a mop and cleaning it up. 

i get your point

im wondering if were blaming the right guy. Saleh doesn't call the plays. which BTW bothers me a lot. i get not doing it at the beginning of the season but after the last few weeks he had to take over the play calling.

thats the only logical thing i can think of, play calling and personal. 

he had the 2nd and 5th best defense the last 2 years in SF. he doesn't suck. and im sure he didn't forget how to coach defense.

i  wouldnt fire him after 1 year. let give him one more year and see with better ingredients how he cooks.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, doitny said:

i get your point

im wondering if were blaming the right guy. Saleh doesn't call the plays. which BTW bothers me a lot. i get not doing it at the beginning of the season but after the last few weeks he had to take over the play calling.

thats the only logical thing i can think of, play calling and personal. 

he had the 2nd and 5th best defense the last 2 years in SF. he doesn't suck. and im sure he didn't forget how to coach defense.

i  wouldnt fire him after 1 year. let give him one more year and see with better ingredients how he cooks.

I'm not neccesarily campaigning for him to be fired. All I'm saying is that he IS partly to blame. 

Partly. 

I also dont like that he doesnt call the defense,  as I believe he should have done so the first year or two before handing it off. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I'm not neccesaril y campaigning for him to be fired. All I'm saying is that he IS partly to blame. 

Partly. 

Well then you probably shouldn't argue that the guy who advocating that Saleh should be fired is right then

As bad as the team has looked I’m not a “fire Saleh” guy.

That said Cowherd went through a list of 4-5 coaches and I will say he argued his case very well whether each should be retained or not.

You can agree or disagree with his views here, but you can’t say he was over the top or didn’t present a good case to support his opinions.

Too many of you see “Colin Cowherd” and jump to conclusions because of how you feel about him personally. I guarantee if he’d supported Saleh and the Jets here, you’d have put that all aside, donned your green tinted glasses and made raised a glass to him.

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You can agree or disagree with his views here, but you can’t say he was over the top or didn’t present a good case to support his opinions.

You can agree with or disagree with him all you want on other fronts but there is no case to be made for firing a HC 10 weeks into his career.  Especially if you factor in the roster, the youth and the injuries this team has been dealing with.  I'm sorry this isnt a case of his history is making people disagree with him.  Firing Saleh today is a braindead idea and all the reasoning in the world wont change that today

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

As bad as the team has looked I’m not a “fire Saleh” guy.

That said Cowherd went through a list of 4-5 coaches and I will say he argued his case very well whether each should be retained or not.

Too many of you see “Colin Cowherd” and jump to conclusions because of how you feel about him personally. I guarantee if he’d supported Saleh and the Jets here, you’d have put that all aside, donned your green tinted glasses and made raised a glass to him.

I actually didn't even listen to it and the main reason is once Saleh goes on a 5 game winning streak he will call him the best young coach in the league....these guys flip flop and are way too hyperbolic to take seriously.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You can agree with or disagree with him all you want on other fronts but there is no case to be made for firing a HC 10 weeks into his career.  Especially if you factor in the roster, the youth and the injuries this team has been dealing with.  I'm sorry this isnt a case of his history is making people disagree with him.  Firing Saleh today is a braindead idea and all the reasoning in the world wont change that today

You’re yelling at clouds again, and disagreeing with things you’re imagining.

I said I don’t want Saleh fired, and Cowherd wasn’t talking about firing him today.

You decided he was though and then argue why he’s wrong for saying something he didn’t say.

I guess that means you agree with me, but disagree with Cowherd for… something? 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Firing Saleh (and the resultant firing of OC / DC) sets us back to yet another "Year 1 of the rebuild" ... new coach, new system, old guys don't fit that system, etc etc. Plus a restart for Zac learning a new system. Maybe our OL get switched back to man blocking instead of zone and need half a season to "get it together" ... again.

And regarding the Arizona example - why does no-one bring up the opposite where a certain first time head coach of the Jets was fired after one year and went on to be pretty successful elsewhere? I'm not suggesting Pete Carrol was the messiah and would have done anything here, but he has had a successful career and a Superbowl title (should have been two - damned Chowds!).

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Firing Saleh (and the resultant firing of OC / DC) sets us back to yet another "Year 1 of the rebuild" ... new coach, new system, old guys don't fit that system, etc etc. Plus a restart for Zac learning a new system. Maybe our OL get switched back to man blocking instead of zone and need half a season to "get it together" ... again.

And regarding the Arizona example - why does no-one bring up the opposite where a certain first time head coach of the Jets was fired after one year and went on to be pretty successful elsewhere? I'm not suggesting Pete Carrol was the messiah and would have done anything here, but he has had a successful career and a Superbowl title (should have been two - damned Chowds!).

Pete took a few detours before he became competent   Took about 10 years and 3 jobs   Agree he was much better than Saleh day 1   

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re yelling at clouds again, and disagreeing with things you’re imagining.

I said I don’t want Saleh fired, and Cowherd wasn’t talking about firing him today.

You decided he was though and then argue why he’s wrong for saying something he didn’t say.

I guess that means you agree with me, but disagree with Cowherd for… something? 🙄

Yeah, I'm the one yelling, the one who has is disagreeing with imaginary things.  

I was talking about Colen, you took it as a comment pointed at you.  You defended Coward and I said if you.....meaning Coward and explaining why I think hes wrong.

Theres nothing to argue, Coward is a shlt stirrer and he knows it works after he trashed the ZW pick so now gives a half assed excuse as to why Saleh should be fired after a half season with this team.   Asinine 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I'm the one yelling, the one who has is disagreeing with imaginary things.  

I was talking about Colen, you took it as a comment pointed at you.  You defended Coward and I said if you.....meaning Coward and explaining why I think hes wrong.

Theres nothing to argue, Coward is a shlt stirrer and he knows it works after he trashed the ZW pick so now gives a half assed excuse as to why Saleh should be fired after a half season with this team.   Asinine 

Whatever. Even this reply has me shaking my head. I’m trying to figure out the arc you’ve taken my original comment on and I have to admit I don’t have a clue..

You and I are about the same age, and I can’t understand why you’d even be upset with anything Cowherd or any other talking head has to say at this point. It’s his job to give his opinion. People tune in to hear it. If you agree or disagree who cares? I can’t imagine being bothered by it.

You’re a prime example of who they target for ratings and clicks… the easily triggered diehard who sees, speaks and hears no wrong with anything their team does.

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Whatever. Even this reply has me shaking my head. I’m trying to figure out the arc you’ve taken my original comment on and I have to admit I don’t have a clue..

You and I are about the same age, and I can’t understand why you’d even be upset with anything Cowherd or any other talking head has to say at this point. It’s his job to give his opinion. People tune in to hear it. If you agree or disagree who cares? I can’t imagine being bothered by it.

You’re a prime example of who they target for ratings and clicks… the easily triggered diehard who sees, speaks and hears no wrong with anything their team does.

Ugh, where did I say I was upset about what Cowhered had to say?  I said he did this with ZW and it worked well, got him clicks so now hes doing it with Saleh.  If I agree or disagree I care, I dont need you to tell me that Cowherd has a right to his opinion but if my opinion is hes trolling for clicks, that no on is dumb enough to think Saleh should be fired half way through season one, well damn, all of a sudden having an opinion is not important

You really need to read what you comment on.  I never even listened to the video, I clicked on nothing but you did.  Your really not consistent with your mouth, it just runs