This Board is Ridiculous. Nobody is Getting Fired.

Joe Willie White Shoes

54 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Lol well he whiffed on that considering the team can’t ever stay healthy

Stop with the reaches 

JD homers = Cult 

Was anything I said not factual? 

your opinion of where I stand is a reach, but thank you for your worthless, dismissive reply! It has made me Lol

worthless = Lol 

Semper Fi

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because your crystal ball says so?

You know who will or better yet wont develop?

Because youre a GM where exactly

No one here knows wtf theyre talking about.  QW etc should tell you that.

I dont need a crystal ball to watch us get blown out on the regular this season. 

QW is a bust of a 3rd overall pick. I'm not sure why you bring him up in defense or your argument. 

He is solid, not spectacular. Exactly what you expect from 2nd-7th rounders. 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I dont need a crystal ball to watch us get blown out on the regular this season. 

QW is a bust of a 3rd overall pick. I'm not sure why you bring him up in defense or your argument. 

This quote really epitomizes the difficulty with the board in general.  I just dont understand how people just dont see how many factors come into play when you want to judge a single player.

Not only do the stats show that QW has production that puts him in the top 5 at his position, but when was the last time QW had a meaningful pass rush snap?  Players are considered "great" when they make big plays in big games and in particular in big moments.  QW has played his entire career in games that were over in the first half during seasons that were over in october. I would love to see the kid on the field once in the 4th quarter when a team needed to score and he could actually rush the passer in a big spot.

Its no different from the Mac Jones love affair.  Yea, the kid looks good, but let me know when he has had to take the field needing to score to win.  Hes played 11 career games where he has hardly ever trailed or had to carry his team.  

Lets hope our young players continue to improve and ZW shows an ability to cut down on turnovers and give us some positivity for 2022

51 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This quote really epitomizes the difficulty with the board in general.  I just dont understand how people just dont see how many factors come into play when you want to judge a single player.

Not only do the stats show that QW has production that puts him in the top 5 at his position, but when was the last time QW had a meaningful pass rush snap?  Players are considered "great" when they make big plays in big games and in particular in big moments.  QW has played his entire career in games that were over in the first half during seasons that were over in october. I would love to see the kid on the field once in the 4th quarter when a team needed to score and he could actually rush the passer in a big spot.

Its no different from the Mac Jones love affair.  Yea, the kid looks good, but let me know when he has had to take the field needing to score to win.  Hes played 11 career games where he has hardly ever trailed or had to carry his team.  

Lets hope our young players continue to improve and ZW shows an ability to cut down on turnovers and give us some positivity for 2022

Theres a high does of maybe IFs here. 

I'm talking about the production that IS happening. It's below expectation for a 3rd overall pick no matter how you shake it.

The Jets have given up the 5th most rushing yards in the league (1320), and given up the most rushing TDs by a wide margin (20). A large percentage of those, right up the middle and past QW.

20 hours ago, talonmm said:

So true.  Look at the hated Patriots.  They were supposed to be in decline.  BB can't draft well, they had a crappy rookie QB and lost some productive players (not to mention the winningest qb of all time.

Yet somehow, (probably with great coaching) they turned the franchise around very quickly.  Why do we have to win 3-5 games a year these days and drool over our placement in the draft each year.  

The spent a sh*tload in FA to get where they're at.

21 hours ago, maury77 said:

I will never understand the insistence of some of you that the only way to rebuild is to be as dreadful as the Jets have been this season, so it’s ok.

I think many still under estimate how much  of a mess Mac left this team in.   
JD’s first year and a half was a tear down. Cleaning out all the garbage, bad contracts etc. 

The rebuild did behind this year.  

it’s why JD demanded a long contract, the Johnsons understood his plan and signed on to it.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The idea there are people who think it’s “year 1” of the rebuild is the most assinine thing I read on this wild board.

Do you people have a secret imaginary land of bullsh*t you escape to, to come up with this nonsense 

It’s year 1 of Saleh and JD. Year 2 for JD. What else is it?

We’re 1 year in with the HC and GM being on the same page. 

22 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I do remember that. What would you have liked for him to do? Do you remember who was playing center? When you are given chickensh*t, you do your best to make chicken salad.

I would have liked for him to find a solution that made the team netter, which I believe is the job description for being a general manager.

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Texans game is must win for Saleh

It might be a "must lose" game for the franchise.  Would greatly help our chances to get the #1 overall pick.  Not that this is the ideal year to get it (no superstar QB) but it'll certainly still have a lot of value.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It might be a "must lose" game for the franchise.  Would greatly help our chances to get the #1 overall pick.  Not that this is the ideal year to get it (no superstar QB) but it'll certainly still have a lot of value.

I don't think there should ever be a 'must lose' game, especially when a team is trying to escape a losing culture

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I would have liked for him to find a solution that made the team netter, which I believe is the job description for being a general manager.

What were those solutions? What moves could he have made? Since you know better than JD, you could easily have come up with a solution for adding a center when the previous GM left you without one.

32 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What were those solutions? What moves could he have made? Since you know better than JD, you could easily have come up with a solution for adding a center when the previous GM left you without one.

Yeah, I’m not paid millions of dollars a year to come up with a solution, he is. Look, the conversation is going nowhere, you are willing to offer Douglas significantly more Mulligans than I am and let’s leave it at that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Your opinion on talent is now worthless.  

Why because our best safety, best wide receiver, and unfortunately our best linebacker were my top choices? 

I didnt say these guys are elite all pros, just the best on the team, which isnt saying much. 

Theres a case to be made for AVT. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Honestly the better value is probably going to be in the 2-8 range this year, especially for trade downs. 

Ain't nobody trading to 1 for a QB this year.

Yeah, I’m not paid millions of dollars a year to come up with a solution, he is. Look, the conversation is going nowhere, you are willing to offer Douglas significantly more Mulligans than I am and let’s leave it at that.

You could go back and hear those same questions for posters questioning Mcc, Tanny, and even Idzik.  (I know, shocking that even Idzik had defenders, right?)  As fans, we're supposed to come up with alternatives.   Like we have all the information and access to various teams or offers that have been made.

As you correctly point out, we are not the ones being paid to run the team.  That responsibility belongs with JD.   Period.   You like him?  Fine.  But the idea that his decisions shouldn't be questioned (now in YEAR THREE NOT TWO) is preposterous.   It's part of the gig in today's NFL world.

• Upvote 2

That's what I thought. Lots of hot air but NOTHING to back it up. 

On 11/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Those on this board that make every week appear as if it is career determining for a GM that just tore everything down at the end of 2020, a new coaching staff,  and a team full of young players are just so absurdly off base, I don't know where to begin.  These are ridiculous posts.   This is year 1 of a multi-year rebuild.  The Jets had massive holes everywhere on the roster and a significant lack of talent to start the season and have lost multiple key players to injuries throughout the preseason and season.  Wilson, Saleh, and Douglas will all be back for 2022 regardless of what happens on the field Sunday or  the next 6 games. Your posts (you know who you are) that call for firings and benching every day are tiresome and futile and uninformed.  This rebuild is going to require some more patience beyond the next 6 games regardless of how many seasons it has been since the Jets were competitive.  

Thank you!

It's like the current management team is being held accountable for the ineptitude of previous management teams. That's not to say this group will not ultimately be proven inept, but honestly, this is the wrong season to make that call. 

6 hours ago, JTJet said:

What does not needing a crystal ball have to do with blaming the HC with a total disregard of the facts regarding the age and talent of the roster.  

QW isnt a bust of a 3rd overall pick.  

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

That's what I thought. Lots of hot air but NOTHING to back it up. 

How about this one: just play Harrison, who was already in the team and wound up starting over Khalil anyway. Offer draft picks for Rodney Hudson (who was nearing the end of his contract at the time). 

The larger point (which apparently went over your head) is that you cannot absolve Douglas entirely of that season because he did make moves that affected the team.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

You could go back and hear those same questions for posters questioning Mcc, Tanny, and even Idzik.  (I know, shocking that even Idzik had defenders, right?)  As fans, we're supposed to come up with alternatives.   Like we have all the information and access to various teams or offers that have been made.

As you correctly point out, we are not the ones being paid to run the team.  That responsibility belongs with JD.   Period.   You like him?  Fine.  But the idea that his decisions shouldn't be questioned (now in YEAR THREE NOT TWO) is preposterous.   It's part of the gig in today's NFL world.

It’s easier to attack us as “infidels” than to face the reality that the never ending rebuild version 6 so far looks not great.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The larger point (which apparently went over your head) is that you cannot absolve Douglas entirely of that season because he did make moves that affected the team.

When there were few if any reasonable moves available for him to make.

Kind of not fair 

How about this one: just play Harrison, who was already in the team and wound up starting over Khalil anyway. Offer draft picks for Rodney Hudson (who was nearing the end of his contract at the time). 

Douglas worked with the garbage that he was given, and I am not blaming him for trying to upgrade the center position. The part that seems to be going over your head is that the team was so bad that Douglas had to try to improve the team after the ship had already sailed.

Trade draft picks? Wow. You really have no idea what you're talking about now, do you?

12 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Douglas worked with the garbage that he was given, and I am not blaming him for trying to upgrade the center position. The part that seems to be going over your head is that the team was so bad that Douglas had to try to improve the team after the ship had already sailed.

Trade draft picks? Wow. You really have no idea what you're talking about now, do you?

What I do know is that you continue to gloss over my original point even after I politely agreed to disagree. Since you continue to insist on having this never ending argument, I would like to gently remind you to go f*ck off as I block you. 

7 hours ago, maury77 said:

What I do know is that you continue to gloss over my original point even after I politely agreed to disagree. Since you continue to insist on having this never ending argument, I would like to gently remind you to go f*ck off as I block you. 

Does this affect our Secret Santa exchange, or should I assume you blocked me from that too?