Moore wins Rookie of the Week

fullblast

12 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

One pick does not make a GM un-sucky. But, AVT looks awesome, and if Zach comes along, JD will earn all the praise he'll be getting. If ZW ends up being a legit franchise QB, who cares about JD picking Mims or Edoga.

Mac drafted Chuma.

21 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

One pick does not make a GM un-sucky. But, AVT looks awesome, and if Zach comes along, JD will earn all the praise he'll be getting. If ZW ends up being a legit franchise QB, who cares about JD picking Mims and Morgan, etc.

You’re forgetting Carter and Hall. They’ve been pretty good too

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Absolutely. Hall is quickly becoming one of the top steals of the 2020 draft. 

MC II and Sherwood might end up being studs also.

Agreed. I guess it’s not all doom and gloom. Perhaps we’re actually doing things right for once.

• Upvote 1

imagine if we fired JD in week 2 or 3 like many of you wanted. 

morale of the story, lets stop calling for firings or calling people bust after a few games or even one year. some people need to grow into there jobs.

and i like to add Ashton Davis to the list. for some reason he is a favorite punching bag but his PFF numbers the last few weeks have been high. 3 FF and a INT is the last few games. we all say our defense needs more TOs. well forcing fumbles is a good way to get some.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Some drafts are harder to hit on than others.  Nobody nails every draft. Sorry to break it to you.  He needs to hit on this one as well

Couldn't agree more... 2021 draft I think will turn out very nicely for us, and hopefully 2022 will be as well. If we start it off with Linderbaum and Thibodeaux, then I believe JD knows exactly what this team needs.

16 hours ago, doitny said:

imagine if we fired JD in week 2 or 3 like many of you wanted. 

morale of the story, lets stop calling for firings or calling people bust after a few games or even one year. some people need to grow into there jobs.

and i like to add Ashton Davis to the list. for some reason he is a favorite punching bag but his PFF numbers the last few weeks have been high. 3 FF and a INT is the last few games. we all say our defense needs more TOs. well forcing fumbles is a good way to get some.

Jamaaal's detractors focussed a lot on his lack of "impact plays".

4 turnovers from Davis in about as many weeks ... crickets. "He can't cover". 

Always With You Cannot Be Done GIF - Always With You Cannot Be Done Yoda -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Jamaaal's detractors focussed a lot on his lack of "impact plays".

4 turnovers from Davis in about as many weeks ... crickets. "He can't cover". 

Always With You Cannot Be Done GIF - Always With You Cannot Be Done Yoda -  Discover & Share GIFs

Just wait until we draft a edge and Lawson comes back.  Davis will suddenly become a lot better with the quarterback hurrying his reads. 

Kid can fly and he’s already starting to make plays.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Just wait until we draft a edge and Lawson comes back.  Davis will suddenly become a lot better with the quarterback hurrying his reads. 

Kid can fly and he’s already starting to make plays.

I like how he hits - he stops players dead, but tackles clean. Likely why the fumbles come about, due to the impact he brings to the tackle.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So.... we're good?

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

We have some real good pieces in place, whether it all comes together is the big question. 
But as bad as the scores have been and the losses mount anyone without an agenda can see the direction and difference between this team and the team of the passed few years 

• Upvote 2