Dan Campbell is Awful

TMAC

Earlier in the season, Dan Campbell played not to lose against the Vikings and lost.  He did the same thing today.  I thought Todd Bowles was terrible but this guy is worse.  Fortune favors the brave, Dan.  He has no business calling plays.  If his team didn't play hard, I would relieve him of his head coaching duties right now.  Today's game shows you why the Lions are at the very bottom of the NFL toilet bowl year in and year out.  Even worse than the Jets.  I actually feel sorry for their fans.

3 hours ago, TMAC said:

Earlier in the season, Dan Campbell played not to lose against the Vikings and lost.  He did the same thing today.  I thought Todd Bowles was terrible but this guy is worse.  Fortune favors the brave, Dan.  He has no business calling plays.  If his team didn't play hard, I would relieve him of his head coaching duties right now.  Today's game shows you why the Lions are at the very bottom of the NFL toilet bowl year in and year out.  Even worse than the Jets.  I actually feel sorry for their fans.

i categorically disagree with every word of this post... That is a special moment for me. --

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TMAC said:

We are in no position to feel sorry for any team ….. are you watching this ? ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I genuinely feel bad for lions fans. One of the few fanbases that I think has had it even worse than us 

They have undoubtedly had it worse than us.  Pretty sure they've only won 1 playoff game in the last 50 years.  At least we've gone to AFC CGs and won a Superbowl (albeit over 50 years ago).  They're a "never was" type team. 

Having said that, though, they've been in a lot of games. They could've beaten the Ravens had it not been for the longest FG in NFL history in the final seconds of the game.  They lost by 2 to the Vikings, 3 to the Browns and 2 to the Bears.  They also tied the Steelers.  That's 5 potential wins where they've instead gone 0-4-1.  As painful as this must be for them, I get the feeling they're not as bad as they might seem.  We, on the other hand, are getting blown out week after week.  They lost 34-11 to the Bengals and 44-6 to the Eagles.   We've been blown out 5 times.

image.png.cf3955772d1b9a0cd4218ca62eeefa21.png

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They have undoubtedly had it worse than us.  Pretty sure they've only won 1 playoff game in the last 50 years.  At least we've gone to AFC CGs and won a Superbowl (albeit over 50 years ago).  They're a "never was" type team. 

Having said that, though, they've been in a lot of games. They could've beaten the Ravens had it not been for the longest FG in NFL history in the final seconds of the game.  They lost by 2 to the Vikings, 3 to the Browns and 2 to the Bears.  They also tied the Steelers.  That's 5 potential wins where they've instead gone 0-4-1.  As painful as this must be for them, I get the feeling they're not as bad as they might seem.  We, on the other hand, are getting blown out week after week.  They lost 34-11 to the Bengals and 44-6 to the Eagles.   We've been blown out 5 times.

And 90% of fans hate the HC who brought us to 2 AFCCs. We have exactly the Jets team we deserve.

9 hours ago, TMAC said:

Are you saying he’s worse than Saleh?
Because his team has fought hard in a lot of their games, and lost a lot of close ones.
We’ve gotten blown out more often than not, and at times looked like a team that’s quit. We’re about to finish bottom two in the league for the second year in a row. Don’t worry about the Lions, lol.

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Are you saying he’s worse than Saleh?
Because his team has fought hard in a lot of their games, and lost a lot of close ones.
We’ve gotten blown out more often than not, and at times looked like a team that’s quit. We’re about to finish bottom two in the league for the second year in a row. Don’t worry about the Lions, lol.

but Saleh has 2 wins, and against 2 good teams. i have been told that the only thing that counts.

and he has Goff who right now is  alot better than our QBs. he might not be the best but Goff is too good to have zero wins. 

so yes Campbell worst than Saleh. 

21 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Saleh said during his press conference that he tries not to show emotion/anger over a players mistake and prefers to deal with it out of the spot-light (that btw is the proper way); he shows excitement when the team/player does well, he will show anger at the officials, but not at a player - behind closed doors is another story.

Thank you.

Too often fans act like the HC should act like he is one of them when he simply is not….

To paraphrase Parcells ….

“You Coach like you are a fan and you will soon be one of them”

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Losing a nail biter every week is more painful than getting blown out, IMO

the Lions have this cursed aura about them that is just unmatched in the NFL

• Upvote 1