Here’s why the Jets Should see a Better Version of Zach Wilson on Sunday vs Texans

JetNation

So summary -

Zach set up to fail and faced 4 Top 10 pass defenses with the least amount of recievers while Lafleur was on the sideline. 

Meanwhile White/Johnson/Flacco were set up for success with more recievers and Lafleur in the booth. 

But I was told Zach just sucked. 

Guess we will see. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And the other faction will say I told you so. They seem to be more content on being right, and have already made up their mind about Zach no matter what he has does in the future.

But what if he plays ordinary? Will both sides claim that they are correct?

As for me, I would prefer watching Zach than Joe, who has no future here or Mike White who can only complete a pass less than 10 yards in air. If Zach fails as a QB in this league at least I will know it isn't anyone else fault except his own. He has the talent unlike Mike and has been given a supporting cast, albeit a limited one so far. 

That’s the good part.  There’s really no good reason Wilson should play poorly this week, and I do hope he succeeds.  So we’ll learn a lot about him this week either way.

And I 100 % would rather see him under center than Flacco.  I didn’t watch last week’s game for that very reason.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And the other faction will say I told you so. They seem to be more content on being right, and have already made up their mind about Zach no matter what he has does in the future.

But what if he plays ordinary? Will both sides claim that they are correct?

As for me, I would prefer watching Zach than Joe, who has no future here or Mike White who can only complete a pass less than 10 yards in air. If Zach fails as a QB in this league at least I will know it isn't anyone else fault except his own. He has the talent unlike Mike and has been given a supporting cast, albeit a limited one so far. 

It looks lime you are to Mike White what you are bitching about other fans being to Zach. I don't  think Mike White is at all the future except ad a good backup but he has made more than a few passes linger than 10 yards. 

If ML opens the offense, then Zach has only himself to blame if he doesn't perform well. I was bitching that very same argument when White threw for 405 yards. Not that White wasn't playing well that day, but where the hell was this offense when Zach was the QB, I'm not saying it was all ML's fault, but I hope he doesn't baby the kid and gives him the same playbook. I wanna see how Zach handles it.

We need him to succeed if the JETS are going to get better.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It looks lime you are to Mike White what you are bitching about other fans being to Zach. I don't  think Mike White is at all the future except ad a good backup but he has made more than a few passes linger than 10 yards. 

Not at all, I like Mike White but I see him for who he is, sorry if that offends you. It wasn't my intention. He is Captain Checkdown. Nothing wrong with that, but that is who he is.

1472726402_ScreenShot2021-11-26at4_50_38PM.thumb.png.bb7c44f233d504e9d4c57efb6be83cfd.png1314286091_ScreenShot2021-11-26at4_50_16PM.thumb.png.27eb6926755f08a5c5c48ee489b39aa0.png1796798191_ScreenShot2021-11-22at2_52_58PM.thumb.png.d629c1deb1ec0a4cdcb126e440439d98.png

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Zach should look much better this week.  If he’s the “film rat” that everyone says he is, I’m sure he and his buddy John Beck have been watching how to execute this offense.  I would be shocked if Zach played poorly on Sunday.  

You are aware of what team you root for, correct?

• Haha 1

That’s the good part.  There’s really no good reason Wilson should play poorly this week, and I do hope he succeeds.  So we’ll learn a lot about him this week either way.
And I 100 % would rather see him under center than Flacco.  I didn’t watch last week’s game for that very reason.

I understand, there were plenty of fans who felt the same way. I watched the game, I root for the laundry. It was harder to watch then say White or Wilson.
  • Upvote 2