Mosley, Davis & JFM Look Good for Sunday

CJ Mosley

The final injury report is out and as expected Michael Carter is out for Sunday and the Jets have several players listed as questionable. The news for the questionable players is looking good as they seem ready for Sunday. Here is what head coach Robert Saleh told the media on Friday.

Alright, I’ll start with injuries guys. No new updates except for Corey (Davis), he’ll be limited today and then (John Franklin-Myers) will be limited also with a hip. Otherwise, everything else is the same.

Corey Davis

Yeah. That time of year. Just got into the wrong spot, stretching out for a ball, had a little tweak. All indications are that he’s good, so we’ll limit him today and just give him until Sunday and he’ll be ready to roll.

Joh Franklin Myers

Yeah, he has just been dealing with a hip, kind of flared up a little bit yesterday but he should be good to go, too.

Did something happen to Folorunso Fatukasi the other day?

No. Again, simple going through the season, a lot of these guys who have been around the league for a long time, this is about management in terms of trying to get to Sundays while preparing the best you can and getting all the reps that you need. You know, early Bye Week, we’re going to be almost, shoot it feels like forever, but we got seven more, including Sunday, so it’s just making sure that our guys are healthy for Sunday.

C.J. Mosley was rested, but you guys listed him with a shoulder, is he injured at all?

So, you have to put something on there. That’d be the ailment, but for him, we don’t hit in practice, so the shoulder wouldn’t limit him. It’s just making sure that we’re taking care of his lower half.

Jets Injury Report

The post Mosley, Davis & JFM Look Good for Sunday appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

CJ Mosley

The final injury report is out and as expected Michael Carter is out for Sunday and the Jets have several players listed as questionable. The news for the questionable players is looking good as they seem ready for Sunday. Here is what head coach Robert Saleh told the media on Friday.

Alright, I’ll start with injuries guys. No new updates except for Corey (Davis), he’ll be limited today and then (John Franklin-Myers) will be limited also with a hip. Otherwise, everything else is the same.

Corey Davis

Yeah. That time of year. Just got into the wrong spot, stretching out for a ball, had a little tweak. All indications are that he’s good, so we’ll limit him today and just give him until Sunday and he’ll be ready to roll.

Joh Franklin Myers

Yeah, he has just been dealing with a hip, kind of flared up a little bit yesterday but he should be good to go, too.

Did something happen to Folorunso Fatukasi the other day?

No. Again, simple going through the season, a lot of these guys who have been around the league for a long time, this is about management in terms of trying to get to Sundays while preparing the best you can and getting all the reps that you need. You know, early Bye Week, we’re going to be almost, shoot it feels like forever, but we got seven more, including Sunday, so it’s just making sure that our guys are healthy for Sunday.

C.J. Mosley was rested, but you guys listed him with a shoulder, is he injured at all?

So, you have to put something on there. That’d be the ailment, but for him, we don’t hit in practice, so the shoulder wouldn’t limit him. It’s just making sure that we’re taking care of his lower half.

Jets Injury Report

The post Mosley, Davis & JFM Look Good for Sunday appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

None of them look good.

A telling statement in these clips from his report is that they don’t hit in practice maybe that’s a problem and a reason why the defense isn’t playing well. The defensive struggles this season are very surprising to me 

A telling statement in these clips from his report is that they don’t hit in practice maybe that’s a problem and a reason why the defense isn’t playing well. The defensive struggles this season are very surprising to me 

or maybe we’re struggling because we don’t have enough talent at linebacker and safety and the greenest of green secondary - or you know because we don’t hit in practice - i”ll go with lack of talent and inexperience myself

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
1 hour ago, ncjetman said:

or maybe we’re struggling because we don’t have enough talent at linebacker and safety and the greenest of green secondary - or you know because we don’t hit in practice - i”ll go with lack of talent and inexperience myself

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You might be correct but there is enough talent in secondary. The main problem I feel is the d line getting pushed around with relative ease which effects the linebackers and secondary They are the veterans of the squad and really have no excuse to be manhandled the way the are. I don’t like how wide the splits are but I also believe you should have some hitting during practice not saying go full junkyard dog practice but some physical contact . I do recall quite a number of posters here complaining about lack of hitting in training camp and surmising that it could be a reason for poor performance as they are not in “ football “ shape May or may not be a factor but they really have to stiffen up that d line so we don’t always have to play from behind every dam game as the d line can’t be this bad can it?