Senior Bowl 2022 News.

sec101row23

On 11/27/2021 at 1:13 PM, sec101row23 said:

The teams with the lowest winning percentages get first shot, as long as those teams aren’t going through a coaching change.   Very possible the Jets staff gets offered.  

this would be a big year to get the offer, a lot of draft ammo and having more upfront work with these guys would be huge. 

Really nice crop so far, senior bowl practices are going to be great this year. 

I see Bo Melton from Rutgers is going to be at the Senior Bowl.   I kinda like this kid, he has some versatility, some think he can transition to a RB.  Will be interested in seeing how he does in Mobile.   Maybe a replacement for Crowder, Melton could also return punts and kicks.   

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I see Bo Melton from Rutgers is going to be at the Senior Bowl.   I kinda like this kid, he has some versatility, some think he can transition to a RB.  Will be interested in seeing how he does in Mobile.   Maybe a replacement for Crowder, Melton could also return punts and kicks.   

I can’t even imagine how tough this kid is mentally having to deal with the utter crap that is Rutgers QB play.

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Would be a nice WR5/6 with ST value and maybe some hidden upside given how terrible QB play was at Rutgers. I think he kind of fits the offense too.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

If the Jets wait until the draft to address RG and Johnson makes it to day two I think he might be the best way to reasonably cheaply but confidently improve the OL.

On 11/27/2021 at 1:13 PM, sec101row23 said:

The teams with the lowest winning percentages get first shot, as long as those teams aren’t going through a coaching change.   Very possible the Jets staff gets offered.  

Culley’s job security starting to come into question. I can’t imagine Campbell is going anywhere. Meyer I guess is up to him. If the Jets can get ahead of Jacksonville or Meyer leaves that would be great. This would be such a good year to get the offer between the draft capital and this strong class.

31 minutes ago, derp said:

Culley’s job security starting to come into question. I can’t imagine Campbell is going anywhere. Meyer I guess is up to him. If the Jets can get ahead of Jacksonville or Meyer leaves that would be great. This would be such a good year to get the offer between the draft capital and this strong class.

The Jacksonville players may stage a revolt soon against Meyer.   They despise him.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The Jacksonville players may stage a revolt soon against Meyer.   They despise him.  

Not surprised. That hire looked like a disaster from the start. 

Anyway, I think with this class I'm not super engaged on the "tank" situation since the top of the draft looks pretty but meh but I'd absolutely love to see the Jets coaching at the Senior Bowl. This class is absolutely loaded.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I honestly think he's trying to get fired.

It looks that way.  He just backstabs his coaches every chance he gets.   Then this latest thing with Robinson,  players were already pissed at Meyer.   There are people around Trevor who say he’s so frustrated with the situation, he has literally no relationship with Urban.   

15 minutes ago, derp said:

Not surprised. That hire looked like a disaster from the start. 

Anyway, I think with this class I'm not super engaged on the "tank" situation since the top of the draft looks pretty but meh but I'd absolutely love to see the Jets coaching at the Senior Bowl. This class is absolutely loaded.

Agreed.  One of the better Senior Bowl classes we have seen.