Senior Bowl 2022 News.

sec101row23

25 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s a s**t show down there.  The players are finally starting to speak up.  It’s not Trevor’s style to speak up like that, but he’s clearly frustrated with things. 

Sounds like it. So many of these kids come from great, stable programs in college. TL just seems like a good kid, that all he wants to do is win. He's probably lost more this year than he did in his college career. Love the fact that he is acting like the team leader that he is and will be for years. Good for him.

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2021 at 12:17 PM, sec101row23 said:

It’s a s**t show down there.  The players are finally starting to speak up.  It’s not Trevor’s style to speak up like that, but he’s clearly frustrated with things. 

There it is. I guess the Bears or Giants could theoretically leapfrog the Jets but if Culley only lasts a year as well…

19 minutes ago, derp said:

There it is. I guess the Bears or Giants could theoretically leapfrog the Jets but if Culley only lasts a year as well…

I think the jets have a good shot over those teams right now.. Nagy is probably out in CHI, and then the Giants will be looking for a new GM.  Makes sense to have a team like the jets there with as many picks as they'll have and a currently set HC/GM (regardless of what media and fans say they're safe for at least next year).  I can see a Lions Jets staff at the senior bowl.   Wonder if Savage can influence it in anyway lol

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lith said:

I like our group better than the Lions group.  Dotson, Pierce, Shaker, Watson -- all guys it will be nice to see up close for a full week.

I like pierce and Dotson out of those guys. Don’t know much about the others. Think any of them will spark the coaches interest?

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Profootball Network had a good article about Cook and what an excellent receiver he is.  Not a lot of mileage either as he has been more of a 10 touch type guy during his time at Georgia.

Cook and Carter would be great together.  The Jets needs another RB that can catch the ball.   We’ve seen Johnson’s struggles and Perine is essentially useless here.   Sign Jeff Wilson as a FA and go to battle with Carter, Cook, Wilson and Walter.   That’s a really nice group.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Profootball Network had a good article about Cook and what an excellent receiver he is.  Not a lot of mileage either as he has been more of a 10 touch type guy during his time at Georgia.

I really like Cook and Ford. I haven’t checked out any of the other rbs playing though so maybe some will surprise 

I wonder if the Jets have some say on who they coach. Rachaad White is great complement to Michael Carter and I always try to get him on the team in mock drafts. McBride, Ruckert, White, Pierce, Ford, Dotson are all such perfect fits for the Jets needs and it’s weird that the Jets get to coach them all.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I wonder if the Jets have some say on who they coach. Rachaad White is great complement to Michael Carter and I always try to get him on the team in mock drafts. McBride, Ruckert, White, Pierce, Ford, Dotson are all such perfect fits for the Jets needs and it’s weird that the Jets get to coach them all.

They do! Both teams GMs are provided rosters first and can "trade" with one another before final rosters are released (see note from Nagy below).  I am sure they get to request a few players ahead of time too.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

They do! Both teams GMs are provided rosters first and can "trade" with one another before final rosters are released (see note from Nagy below).  I am sure they get to request a few players ahead of time too.

Jets going with less WR and more TEs plus getting higher trait receiving backs makes perfect sense.

The defense for the Jets team will be telling. 

32 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Jets going with less WR and more TEs plus getting higher trait receiving backs makes perfect sense.

The defense for the Jets team will be telling. 

And the jets have a FB on the roster too.   So they are definitely tailoring to their needs.  I hope they get the IOL from Boston College (Johnson) on the team too.

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

And the jets have a FB on the roster too.   So they are definitely tailoring to their needs.  I hope they get the IOL from Boston College (Johnson) on the team too.

I’m hoping to see Bernhard Raimann or Mac Mitchell on the Jets roster. Those are early second round tackles that could end up solidifying OT depth and starting in the future.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I’m hoping to see Bernhard Raimann or Mac Mitchell on the Jets roster. Those are early second round tackles that could end up solidifying OT depth and starting in the future.

Kinnard to me seems like a perfect fit. He’s listed at IOL on some sites, but at 6’5 345 that sounds like a tackle to me. Max Mitchell is being talked up as a 2nd rounder now? I figured he’s be a mid round pick similar to rasheed walker and Braxton jones 

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Kinnard to me seems like a perfect fit. He’s listed at IOL on some sites, but at 6’5 345 that sounds like a tackle to me. Max Mitchell is being talked up as a 2nd rounder now? I figured he’s be a mid round pick similar to rasheed walker and Braxton jones 

I have him as a second rounder. I’m projecting him to end up there by the end of senior bowl week. Rasheed Walker is terrible tho. Kinnard moves well but he’s a build looks guardish. I’d take Kinnard in round 2 and not look back, he seems almost bust proof to me, high floor dude for sure.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I have him as a second rounder. I’m projecting him to end up there by the end of senior bowl week. Rasheed Walker is terrible tho. Kinnard moves well but he’s a build looks guardish. I’d take Kinnard in round 2 and not look back, he seems almost bust proof to me, high floor dude for sure.

I’m not great at scouting OL, but I watched a few full games of Louisiana just focusing on Mitchell and he looked good, but also got beat a decent amount by guys I’ve never heard of. He seems to have the athletic ability to be a starter I just don’t think he’s ready yet. I mostly focused on hand placement and footwork when watching him. I just think he has a lot to learn which is why I have him pegged in the mid rounds most likely the 4th. 

Last year I watched a few of Dillon Radunz (who was a 2nd round pick) games and he looked way more refined while also playing against weaker competition. I’d grade him a few notches above Mitchell 

49 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Here is the OL group. Zion Johnson made it (potential center and McGovern future  replacement in day 2).  @kdels62 Raimann is there as well (along with Penning).

Luke Goedeke is probably gonna transition to guard. He’s pretty good too. I recently started looking for Cole Strange video so now I have more motivation. 

57 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’ve never followed the senior bowl much outside of actual game day.  Do they televise practices etc as well as the game?

The practices are what matter; the game is barely relevant. I don't know about televising, but Tony Pauline usually has good detail on what's happening at practice

• Upvote 1