Senior Bowl 2022 News.

sec101row23

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   Between the TE and LBer groups you can certainly see what they Jets are taking a hard look at in this class.  

TEs that can block and work inline and LBs who can cover and run. Seems obvious but it’s been laid bare with these rosters.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

TEs that can block and work inline and LBs who can cover and run. Seems obvious but it’s been laid bare with these rosters.

But what has seemed obvoius to us in the past has usually not been what the Jets have done.  It is nice to know that we are likely seeing the some of the same things they see when looking at the team.   

• Upvote 2

Fun linebacker group. I think the nice thing about that position group and tight end is both spots have some depth and so we can kind of be comfortable the Jets will address those positions.

Somebody posted a Troy Andersen video before the FCS title game so I looked him up. Wild career trajectory. Conference freshman of the year and first team all conference sophomore year at quarterback, then flipped to linebacker and was first team all conference, then no games COVID year and FCS defensive player of the year this year. Looks like he’ll check the “loves ball” box. I thought he looked like he could run in the video too.

• Upvote 2

Just now, IndianaJet said:

Do you not like Lloyd - or does it make you physically ill because your tummy is filled with nervous excitement?

I honestly don't know much about him....

lol I love lloyd.  Think he's a perfect fit for this team.  Said it before too, think if youre not getting one of the top 2 edge theres a real case to be made he's the most day 1 impactful player you can get for this defense.  BUT that said, id be surprised if we drafted him. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   Between the TE and LBer groups you can certainly see what the Jets are taking a hard look at in this class.  

1 hour ago, Lith said:

But what has seemed obvoius to us in the past has usually not been what the Jets have done.  It is nice to know that we are likely seeing the some of the same things they see when looking at the team.   

No matter what you think about JD, and it's frighteningly low bar, but I'm just relieved that the team understands what our weaknesses are. Part of the benefit of having a well-established system and JD and Saleh being on the same page with the type of players they want to bring in. Really digging the weatherford as LBer move.

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Jets seemingly looking harder at Safety than CB. Coby Bryant may be the best CB at the senior bowl tho and he’s good at the catch point. Also Jalen Pitre is a perfect fit for this defense.

I really like Bryant, he’s being vastly underrated at this point.  

23 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I really like Bryant, he’s being vastly underrated at this point.  

I agree, which is weird considering he won the Jim Thorpe award for nation’s best cornerback. 

But, just because the mock engines have him falling to late rounds doesn’t mean the league is unaware of his talent.  
(6’1, 198) 11 PDs, 3 INT, 1 TD in 2021 as teams threw away from Sauce Gardner. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Jets seemingly looking harder at Safety than CB. Coby Bryant may be the best CB at the senior bowl tho and he’s good at the catch point. Also Jalen Pitre is a perfect fit for this defense.

It's like a cheat code to figure out what the Jets are prioritizing in the draft and I like it as a fan. I keep seeing mocks giving us corners with the top 4 pick and I just don't see that as very likely. I think they're way more likely to pull the trigger on Ikownu or Cross or a rising edge rusher.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I agree, which is weird considering he won the Jim Thorpe award for nation’s best cornerback. 

But, just because the mock engines have him falling to late rounds doesn’t mean the league is unaware of his talent.  
(6’1, 198) 11 PDs, 3 INT, 1 TD in 2021 as teams threw away from Sauce Gardner. 

I think some are discounting him because he’s a 5th year senior so maybe they don’t see much room for growth or development.  Plus he might be a bit too stiff for some peoples liking.   If he’s drafted where he’s currently being projected (late 4th-5th round) he’ll be pretty good value.