Breakout game for Mims vs Texans?

AFJF

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

I think that would mean the team docs signing off that  mims has symptoms. Not very likely 

The team doctor that gets paid by the team is unlikely to sign off on a player having symptoms? Disagree. Covid symptoms are basically everything and anything.

I don't know how strict the covid protocols are being enforced by the league but I imagine there is a lot of room for teams to screw around and use them to manipulate roster numbers. 

I think there's a greater than zero chance the Jets are pushing the envelope here. 

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The team doctor that gets paid by the team is unlikely to sign off on a player having symptoms? Disagree.

I don't know how strict the covid protocols are being enforced by the league but I imagine there is a lot of room for teams to screw around and use them to manipulate roster numbers. 

I think there's a greater than zero chance the Jets are pushing the envelope here. 

Based on what exactly?

There are probably also tests involved. So he likely hasn’t tested negative yet 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I think it's a little strange that a guy they've had as a fringe roster player this season and is vaccinated is now missing his third game due to covid. Just makes you wonder.

Well you can stop wondering. This conspiracy theory also requires that you believe That Mins, his close friends and his family and his agent are in on it and have kept quiet. Not a single tweet to shelter or the players union 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Well you can stop wondering. This conspiracy theory also requires that you believe That Mins, his close friends and his family and his agent are in on it and have kept quiet. Not a single tweet to shelter or the players union 

OR

Nobody likes him and they dont talk much, so they arent in the know. 

Remember his draft day? Like 3 or 4 people were with him total....and one was an infant. 

Screenshot_20211128-113449_YouTube.jpg.7078067d5d5867c5b04095500990e2b7.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

OR

Nobody likes him and they dont talk much, so they arent in the know. 

Remember his draft day? Like 3 or 4 people were with him total....and one was an infant. 

Screenshot_20211128-113449_YouTube.jpg.7078067d5d5867c5b04095500990e2b7.jpg

Or maybe he had a house full of people the first day of the draft or maybe he low keyed it only wanted those people in picture to share it with or we have no idea who he is what he is like and we really shouldn’t care how many people he had at a party. What we should care about is getting him up to be a NFL player. We as fans don’t have to analyze every little thing 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Uhhh ok?

He hasnt even played in 75% of them! And when he has, he is non existent. 

You're kina' making my point for me.  They're hardly playing the guy.  He has had more than 10 reps just 3 times all season.  If he's not on the field, how can he be playing poorly?

Dude had 1 drop on 44 targets last season and has 3 this year because he's pressing.

I think there's a reason why Joe D. turned down trade offers.  The guy can play.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

You're kina' making my point for me.  They're hardly playing the guy.  He has had more than 10 reps just 3 times all season.  If he's not on the field, how can he be playing poorly?

Dude had 1 drop on 44 targets last season and has 3 this year because he's pressing.

I think there's a reason why Joe D. turned down trade offers.  The guy can play.

If that was the case, he would be on the field. 

You're overthinking this. 

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Get off Twitter there were no trade calls for Denzel Mims like he was some hot commodity. lol  The people who put that sh*t out know there's people like you out there that will consume crap.

7 hours ago, undertow said:

Get off Twitter there were no trade calls for Denzel Mims like he was some hot commodity. lol  The people who put that sh*t out know there's people like you out there that will consume crap.

Oh, another insider on the board.  Sweet.

This thread is going sideways but one thing I am surprises about is Cole. When he was getting playing times over Mims I was shocked. Thought it was a joke actually. Cole isn't a 1 or a 2 obviously but he is a good receiver to have on your team. He has been impressive in his limited playing time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Says the guy who has writer/blogger on his profile. lol  gtfoh

Because I write and I blog.  That is put in the profile automatically when the site marks you as such.  I didn't put it there and  I don't pretend to have info that I don't have.

Edited by AFJF

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Either am I. But I also don't fall for everything written on the internet. 

Neither do I.  I just happen to know that if a guy who was drafted in the second round last season and isn't being given a chance to play, a smart GM would call and make an offer.  If you wanna' give up on a dude after a few bad games, that's up to you.  But I saw Mims in college. I saw him play very well as  rookie despite horrendous circumstances and the same guy is now pressing because the new staff is holding him to some standard that applies to nobody but him.