2022 QB Needy Teams

well that depends.

Carolina will see what Cam does. the Saints have 2 guys to look at.  Pitts might but im think they dont love anyone that much to pay the price.

Trubinsky and Minshew will be FAs. Russell Wilson might ask out. and of course Watson. you got to figure Watson will be figured out by then. 

besides i want to stay where we are and pick a stud on defense. 

Washington maybe. 

I don’t think this draft has any QB worth jumping to get into the top 5 especially since all teams mentioned are expected to be picking 10 or later and would have to give up extra to jump further. 

could see a mid round jump like Bears did for Fields tho. 

There may not be a guy "worth trading up for" right now, but somebody is going to be the top QB on somebody's board.  If that team doesn't have a QB and is in shooting distance to get up to the first pick, it's tough to rule a deal out.

55 minutes ago, doitny said:

well that depends.

Carolina will see what Cam does. the Saints have 2 guys to look at.  Pitts might but im think they dont love anyone that much to pay the price.

Trubinsky and Minshew will be FAs. Russell Wilson might ask out. and of course Watson. you got to figure Watson will be figured out by then. 

So, you want some dawgs on D?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Kevin Colbert of the Steelers has traded his 1st rounder 5 times in 21 years: once to trade for Fitzpatrick; he traded down once and traded up in ‘03, ‘06 and ‘19. None for a QB.

Well yeah, but why trade for a QB when you haven’t needed one in nearly 2 decades?  They need one now.  You may well be right that they’ll refuse to move up for one but there’s no real evidence either way to suggest it.  

Well yeah, but why trade for a QB when you haven’t needed one in nearly 2 decades?  They need one now.  You may well be right that they’ll refuse to move up for one but there’s no real evidence either way to suggest it.  

That’s fair, and accurate.

Outside of Pickett and Carrol who will go 1 & 2 there isn’t anyone else.

Personally, I don't think we need to trade back this draft. We have a fair amount of serviceable, average players on the team. We just won a game with practice squad call ups actually contributing. We need high talent, top end players. Take the high floor, high ceiling guys early and take your shots at finding those gems in the later rounds.

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:27 PM, doitny said:

well that depends.

Lol - Carolina can trade with us to trade up, and next year, trade us a 2 for the great Mike White - they can trade with us for a QB or a QB slot every year :-)

Too early to tell who climb the charts to be the best players of the draft - either way, I say if we are really holding the 4th and 5th (wouldn't it be funny if the 4 was from Seattle) picks (or something like that ) I would trade both of them down - one to the middle/top third and one to the bottom third if possible. I would then draft a LB/Edge and a Center with those picks. Use the top 2nd round pick for a RG - of course everything would have to fall into place, but ...