***OFFICIAL JETS VS TEXANS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yep.

A 12 cap doesn’t mean you should shoot 12 over, it’s what your potential best score would be. A 12 playing a tough course in tournament condition from the proper tees would shoot around 87-88.

I hover between a 13 and 14, but most of my rounds are played in either tournaments, leagues or money games. 
in those settings I’ll beat 80% of the “12’s” I face. More guys have vanity handicaps than sandbag. They hit mulligans, pick up putts inside 3 feet, don’t follow rules as far for penalties….

Take that all into consideration, and @JiFapono had a great round yesterday.

Also you must consider @JiFapono never wears pants when he golfs. It’s why he lives in Florida. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Aren’t you a ray of sunshine 

No, I’m just honest. I see it being very disjointed on offense and the defense playing bad again. LaFleur and Zach have never really looked on the same page for am entire game before. Maybe LaFleur up in the booth and Beck on the field with Zach will help that. We’ll see, I honestly just don’t expect much. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna tee this one up for @Matt39. If the Jets took Wirfs instead of Becton, would the Bucs have simply settled for the next best OT? Nope, according to Schefter. They would have taken Johnathan Taylor. 

35E235C8-8BCA-4595-9C27-81FD2B5C4AD5.jpeg

I took Taylor in that original mock we did for the Bucs if memory serves. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Must win for Saleh. 

By no means is this a must win game but it is an important game for the overall morale of the team. It’s now game 11 the rookies have gained experience the o line has had time to gel so we should see marked improvement in the last 7 games and injuries happen to every team and can’t be used as a crutch or excuse for terrible play ESPECIALLY THE D LINE THEY SHOULD HAVE NO EXCUSE AS THRY ARE THE VETERAN LEADERS OF THE TEAM AND WERE HEAVILY RELIED UPON TO PROVIDE SAID LEADERSHIP If improvements are not blatantly visible over the course of the final games the season will be an even bigger disappointment as I and some other of us fans were very optimistic going in to the season  

So in keeping with my optimistic view JETS 31                                                             TEXANS 17 

Zach has an average game manager type performance which I think all of us would be good with     

Just now, CSNY said:

By no means is this a must win game but it is an important game for the overall morale of the team. It’s now game 11 the rookies have gained experience the o line has had time to gel so we should see marked improvement in the last 7 games and injuries happen to every team and can’t be used as a crutch or excuse for terrible play ESPECIALLY THE D LINE THEY SHOULD HAVE NO EXCUSE AS THRY ARE THE VETERAN LEADERS OF THE TEAM AND WERE HEAVILY RELIED UPON TO PROVIDE SAID LEADERSHIP If improvements are not blatantly visible over the course of the final games the season will be an even bigger disappointment as I and some other of us fans were very optimistic going in to the season  

So in keeping with my optimistic view JETS 31                                                             TEXANS 17 

Zach has an average game manager type performance which I think all of us would be good with     

Its a game the team is supposed to win. Cut out the bad penalties, dont burn timeouts in the third quarter. Get after the QB. The number 2 pick needs to look like the number 2 pick. If we are actually seeing  the "build" they've been preaching they go out and play a clean game and take care of business. The Texans are awful.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I think with Tyrod Taylor as their starting Qb it makes them much more competitive. He's no Watson but he's an average plus NFL Qb. It will be interesting to see the kind of offense the Jets run today with Zach and how me manages it. He is going to be better than a game manager like White he has that extra talent which is why he was drafted overall #2. So hopefully Zach has adapted, will run an offense that has produced good yardage in recent weeks and take what the defense gives him. He says he will let's see what happens when he goes on the field today. So I won't be pessimistic esp against another 2 win team. Jets 24 Texans 17.

1 hour ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Jets 13 

Texans 12

I wonder which minute we get the commentators going "How did these two teams beat the Titans?" Reckon it'll be two minutes to go in the first quarter after the seventh punt of the game.

Jets 3

Texans 2

Just a field goal and a safety in this one!

• Haha 2

Could....have....drafted.....Mac....Jones....and ....Najeeh....Harris. 

Didn't need to re-invent the wheel, play the chalk, you get 2 great skill positions covered. For a decade. 

Too easy. Let's overthink it. Again. 

The kid with the bandana is back! YEAH! LET'S GO....whatever. 

This is a factory of sadness. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I’m tired of being negative.   I’m  Still riding high off of moms apple pie this weekend.

Jets 24

Texans 21

Zach throws for 270 yard, 2 TDs 1 pick.   Ammendola kicks the game winner.

Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

Amendola could not kick the ball across yoru couch so....