***OFFICIAL JETS VS TEXANS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, there are all kind of exceptions but as a basic rule, there are certain things a rhythm player must maintain. The guy who was the busiest drummer that always held it together to me was Steve Gadd. Never heard a guy that played pop music like he did. There are also a slew of fusion players like all the great drummers in Weather Report and that guy that played with Zappa named Vinny something but these were exceptional players that imo knew how to stand out without leaving holes. 

Well there are thousands of boring guitarists out there as well, they are just going through the motions.

Ive been playing drums for 43 years, so Im kinda biased. LOL

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Well there are thousands of boring guitarists out there as well, they are just going through the motions.

Ive been playing drums for 43 years, so Im kinda biased. LOL

I'm  a bass player. Played professionally  for most of my 20's but once I got married and had kids, I need to get a 9 to 5 with a more reliable source  of incomes. Not cool asking the family to skip groceries for a week because dad had a gap in his schedule. 

Agree with the guitarist thing, it's  just if a guitarist  over-plays, everyone  thinks he is a great player, when a bass or drummer over-plays, everyone starts to listen like what is that guy doing. Gotta know your role.

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

lol  Hey, what's the new avatar image?

That's me during one of the two times that Clarence Clemons jammed with us, 1st time it was acoustic, second was with my band at Mondo's in North Palm Beach, Fl right after Bruce fired the E Street Band 

• Post of the Week 1